Ted Baker London

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Ted Baker London

Interview Details – Standard.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ted Baker London in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied in-store, got a call back within few days.

It was a group interview, about 30 people. We had to do many things: describe the company (so read about it before!), remember as many facts as we could, divide in groups and choose appropriate outfits and explain why are these suited for the occasion and make a little fashion collage. We were also divided into pairs and had to find out about another person as much as we could within 2 minutes and then speak about this in front of everyone. Overall really nice atmosphere and it was fun, nothing too stressful!

Interview Question – Only the creative bits if you are not into it, also you really need to have some eye for fashion because they really test you on this one!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, it's retail. Mostly you work for just above the minimum wage.

Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ted Baker London in December 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, the work conduct of employees was professional however the management was unprofessional! However overall was a good company.

Interview Question – talking about yourself to a manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ted Baker London.

Interview Details – Group interview- 7 people
To my knowledge only myself and one other person got through so that is 2/7 people were hired out of my group interview. There was a very relaxed environment set by the person conducting it (I am unsure of what title she held but there were other managers present too). It was 2 hours long and consisted of ice-breaker games at the start to see how you interact with the people in your group, then standing up to talk about yourself to the room (of ten people) telling them about you and your personality. Huge emphasis was placed on personality in this interview. Then it was followed up with a task to dress a particular brief handed to you detailing the person's age, profession, the occasion and what they would be looking for. This part was fun, it was proving that you could put together an outfit and help a customer should you find yourself in a similar situation working for Ted should you be hired.
 I found out immediately on the day that I got through, I received a phone call around 6pm and the interview had taken place between 10-12pm that morning. I filled out a form at the beginning of the interview, this form allowed you to select your location preference. I found out that I got the location I had put down as number 1 so I was delighted. The next step was getting "store approval" as I had selected to work in a big department store that vets each new recruit although they will be employed and paid by a separate concession. This was a one on one interview which went through my CV with a fine tooth comb. The key thing I felt to succeed in this interview was an interest in fashion which I have and so I passed.

Interview Question – Stand up and talk about yourself to the room of people for min of 5 mins.   View Answer

Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ted Baker London in May 2011.

Interview Details – One on one, assessed skills. Personal, fun, friendly, encouraging.

Interview Question – How would you describe current fashion?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ted Baker London? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ted Baker London Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ted Baker London employees and interview candidates.