Ted Baker London Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ted Baker London in August 2014.

I applied online through their posting on Indeed. A few days later, I was invited to a group interview. Typical beginning of going around in a circle and sharing names. However, we participated in an activity where we formed groups and had to design clothes with craft supplies. Afterwards, the two interviewers answered any questions we had.
Later that day, I was asked back for a one on one interview with the store manager. The manager reviewed my resume, asked me a few questions, and that was all. Half hour interview, typical questions, very pleasant experience.
Two days later, I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
They asked for the expected salary and agreed that the one I offered was fairly reasonable.

Other Interview Reviews for Ted Baker London

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ted Baker London in February 2012.

The job was advertised on Craigslist, interview was held at Panera Bread inside Lenox mall. It was a regular retail interview, nothing special. Experience, why do you want to work here, what do you know about our company ect.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I've worn there clothing before, they dont make clothing past a size 12 so I couldn't answer her question   Answer Question

Standard.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ted Baker London in January 2011.

Applied in-store, got a call back within few days.

It was a group interview, about 30 people. We had to do many things: describe the company (so read about it before!), remember as many facts as we could, divide in groups and choose appropriate outfits and explain why are these suited for the occasion and make a little fashion collage. We were also divided into pairs and had to find out about another person as much as we could within 2 minutes and then speak about this in front of everyone. Overall really nice atmosphere and it was fun, nothing too stressful!

Interview Questions
    • Only the creative bits if you are not into it, also you really need to have some eye for fashion because they really test you on this one!   Answer Question
    no negotiation, it's retail. Mostly you work for just above the minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ted Baker London in December 2011.

2 interviews, the work conduct of employees was professional however the management was unprofessional! However overall was a good company.

I didnt negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ted Baker London.

Group interview- 7 people
    To my knowledge only myself and one other person got through so that is 2/7 people were hired out of my group interview. There was a very relaxed environment set by the person conducting it (I am unsure of what title she held but there were other managers present too). It was 2 hours long and consisted of ice-breaker games at the start to see how you interact with the people in your group, then standing up to talk about yourself to the room (of ten people) telling them about you and your personality. Huge emphasis was placed on personality in this interview. Then it was followed up with a task to dress a particular brief handed to you detailing the person's age, profession, the occasion and what they would be looking for. This part was fun, it was proving that you could put together an outfit and help a customer should you find yourself in a similar situation working for Ted should you be hired.
     I found out immediately on the day that I got through, I received a phone call around 6pm and the interview had taken place between 10-12pm that morning. I filled out a form at the beginning of the interview, this form allowed you to select your location preference. I found out that I got the location I had put down as number 1 so I was delighted. The next step was getting "store approval" as I had selected to work in a big department store that vets each new recruit although they will be employed and paid by a separate concession. This was a one on one interview which went through my CV with a fine tooth comb. The key thing I felt to succeed in this interview was an interest in fashion which I have and so I passed.

Interview Questions
    • Stand up and talk about yourself to the room of people for min of 5 mins.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ted Baker London in May 2011.

One on one, assessed skills. Personal, fun, friendly, encouraging.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ted Baker London? Contribute to the Community!