Tektronix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tektronix in September 2010.

Interview Details – Typically a series of interviews. Questions are from Behavioral Interviewing technique handbooks but all drive to the skills needed for the job. Prospective employees may face 4 - 8 interview appointments. Each 30 minute interview will be done by one or more member of the team that the person is interviewing for. All candidates are asked the same questions. The answers are scored and candidates selected based on highest scores.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell a Tektronix product that I had only just been introduced to. The panel was made up of technical engineers who asked questions about its usage and benefit over the competitor's product.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer they gave.

Systems Administrative (Entry Level) Interview

Systems Administrative (Entry Level)
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Tektronix in December 2013.

Interview Details – Overall the process wasn't too bad. I went through the normal pre-screen/HR interview/Tech interview path. Everyone kept saying how happy they were to have me applying and that I seemed like a good candidate. After the final interview I was told to expect a phone call regarding their decision. Never got one which seems pretty unprofessional to me.

Interview Question – Your server is using an abnormal amount of resources. Describe what you would do to troubleshoot.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator
Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Tektronix in February 2011.

Interview Details – I didn't get the job. I am relieved because the interview questions were absolutely ridiculous and had nothing to do with the job. All questions were behaviorial or situational (e.g. "tell me about a time when...). It was also a panel interview and the people seemed very stiff and uncomfortable - which in turn made me feel weird. I would prefer people ask more about me and ask me how my skills and experience would fit the job.

They asked a bunch of questions for situations that have never happened to me - which resulted in me having to make stuff up. lol.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you saved someone's life."   View Answers (2)

Very Difficult Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tektronix in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewing schedule was a marathon, from 8am to 5pm with a lunch interview as well. I hardly ate anything. I interviewed with 9 managers. The process was well organized and each manager was tasked with a different aspect in the Behavioral Interviewing style. There was only 1 manager that allowed me enough time to ask about the job and the product portfolio that I was interviewing for. Many PM technical aspects were asked of me. After 2 weeks I did have to call back to find out what decision they had made. When asked for feedback about my experience, as expected information was limited but I did get out of them that I was runner up.

Interview Question – How did you do risk management?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tektronix in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by an internal recruiter for a phone interview and then forwarded my application onto the hiring manager. Was brought in for formal interviews with hiring manager and several colleagues and direct reports. Interviews were a combination of skills and experience assessments as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Tektronix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tektronix interview questions and advice in Beaverton, OR. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tektronix employees and interview candidates.