Tektronix Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.9

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

First, we did a phone screen where they asked a few basic programming questions. Then, they flew me to Portland for an all-day interview followed by a weekend of house-hunting. The interview was broken up into segments: the team lead to gauge personality fit, programmers to ask technical questions, a higher-level manager to ask about he future, HR to explain benefits, and so on. The questions weren't quite as technical as I was expecting (but then again, I did provide a portfolio and code sample beforehand). The process was long but not grueling. They gave me positive feedback the next day and followed up quickly with an offer.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I had already been working with many of the people previously. This was a new position for me. I interviewed with my future manager. Because everyone had already seen a lot of my work the interview consisted mostly of culture questions, seeing if the new location was a fit for me.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tektronix (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Usually one day interview to see 4 or 5 groups of engineers and managers. Start with manager and HR, then engineers. Each group takes about 1 hour. The interview is simple, some technical questions mostly directly related to their current project. No data structure questions since it is not used a lot in the group I am interviewing with.

Bus Dev Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by HR that they would like a phone interview with me that afternoon. I replied back saying it was not possible but we could set up an alternative time. I heard nothing back so emailed her the next day. She replied that she didn't receive my email but could I talk the following Monday or Tuesday. I said either day works for me. I never heard back from her. That's fine if they found someone else or changed their mind about me, but I don't expect to be lied to (about her not receiving my email- it was in my sent box and was never returned) and her not responding to me regarding a change in status, despite my question about it. It is extremely unprofessional, especially for a mid-level management position. Not a good reflection on the company, in my opinion.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

6 rounds interview. All interviewers are beyond principle engineer or engineer manager level. Total time is a full day. Most of them are technical questions. The interview questions are not quite difficult, but you need to have fundamental knowledge. The HR interview is the last step, asking about some salary and relocation questions.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tektronix (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I had applied from within and the interview process was good. I had several interviews with key personnel including the person who would be potentially my new boss. This process took approximately 2 weeks from application to offer acceptance.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked me to imagine that I got into an elevator with him on the first floor and had just the time it took us to get to the 10th floor and what would I say to engage him in a conversation that would make him want to know more about me and/or to hire me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tektronix in March 2014.

Interview

Received an email from hiring manager. He was very direct, and we agreed to interview the following day.

Interview Questions

• "It says here that you can do circuit design, please give some examples"   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tektronix (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Consisted of 1/2 day on California site, and a full day in Beaverton. The interview was what I expected, it was of medium difficulty. After each interviewer I learned a bit more about what they were looking for and used it with the next person. There were not any questions I felt I could not answer reasonably well.

Interview Questions

• have you ever been asked to do something you felt was unethical, if so what did you do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

pretty simple. I asked for more than I wanted and got a good salary. They wouldn't budge on vacation days however. 3 weeks max.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tektronix (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was first emailed about the opportunity, and I was followed up with a phone conversation about my resume and my professional interests. There wasn't a technical interview, however they asked me about my strengths and experiences.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in C/C++ (not very difficult)   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tektronix.

Interview

First step was a 20 minute phone interview. I was asked mostly about my interests in school (was a student at the time) as well as any projects that I had been involved in or that I had found especially interesting. This was followed up by a half-day interview with 4 separate people: 3 engineers from the group I would be interning with (one of which was the group's engineering manager) and 1 HR person. Each met with me individually for about 30-45 minutes. The HR person mostly went over the terms of the internship program and didn't ask any interview questions. 2 of the engineers split their time between asking me questions about my resume and asking technical problems to be solved on a white board. The questions started out basic but grew in complexity as each one was solved. The 4th interviewer asked me only about things on my resume and one quick technical question that didn't require solving anything. Overall, all of the interviewers were very amiable and the atmosphere was very low pressure. Even the technical questions were given in a very colloquial fashion. I left the interview feeling very positive and relaxed, like I had just spent the last few hours talking shop with some of my fellow engineering classmates.

Interview Questions

• A schematic shows a BJT in a common-collector configuration with the collector tied to ground, the base attached to a signal source, and the emitter connected through a resistor to -5V. In between the emitter and resistor is one end of a 75 Ohm transmission line. The other end is attached to a 75 Ohm resistor that terminates it to -5V. The signal source is a step with an initial voltage of -5V and a step voltage up to 0V. Determine the voltage at the emitter before and after the step. Then, draw the path of the loop current when the voltage transient has traveled halfway down the transmission line. Then, determine the voltage at the terminated end of the transmission line just before and just after the transient arrives. Determine how much power is reflected by the termination.   1 Answer