Tektronix Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2014
Updated Jun 10, 2014

3.1

Hardware Engineer Interview

6 rounds interview. All interviewers are beyond principle engineer or engineer manager level. Total time is a full day. Most of them are technical questions. The interview questions are not quite difficult, but you need to have fundamental knowledge.

The HR interview is the last step, asking about some salary and relocation questions.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tektronix in March 2014.

Received an email from hiring manager. He was very direct, and we agreed to interview the following day.

Interview Questions
    • "It says here that you can do circuit design, please give some examples"   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Tektronix.

Consisted of 1/2 day on California site, and a full day in Beaverton. The interview was what I expected, it was of medium difficulty. After each interviewer I learned a bit more about what they were looking for and used it with the next person. There were not any questions I felt I could not answer reasonably well.

Interview Questions
    • have you ever been asked to do something you felt was unethical, if so what did you do.   Answer Question
    pretty simple. I asked for more than I wanted and got a good salary. They wouldn't budge on vacation days however. 3 weeks max.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Tektronix.

I was first emailed about the opportunity, and I was followed up with a phone conversation about my resume and my professional interests. There wasn't a technical interview, however they asked me about my strengths and experiences.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tektronix.

First step was a 20 minute phone interview. I was asked mostly about my interests in school (was a student at the time) as well as any projects that I had been involved in or that I had found especially interesting. This was followed up by a half-day interview with 4 separate people: 3 engineers from the group I would be interning with (one of which was the group's engineering manager) and 1 HR person. Each met with me individually for about 30-45 minutes. The HR person mostly went over the terms of the internship program and didn't ask any interview questions. 2 of the engineers split their time between asking me questions about my resume and asking technical problems to be solved on a white board. The questions started out basic but grew in complexity as each one was solved. The 4th interviewer asked me only about things on my resume and one quick technical question that didn't require solving anything. Overall, all of the interviewers were very amiable and the atmosphere was very low pressure. Even the technical questions were given in a very colloquial fashion. I left the interview feeling very positive and relaxed, like I had just spent the last few hours talking shop with some of my fellow engineering classmates.

Interview Questions
    • A schematic shows a BJT in a common-collector configuration with the collector tied to ground, the base attached to a signal source, and the emitter connected through a resistor to -5V. In between the emitter and resistor is one end of a 75 Ohm transmission line. The other end is attached to a 75 Ohm resistor that terminates it to -5V. The signal source is a step with an initial voltage of -5V and a step voltage up to 0V. Determine the voltage at the emitter before and after the step. Then, draw the path of the loop current when the voltage transient has traveled halfway down the transmission line. Then, determine the voltage at the terminated end of the transmission line just before and just after the transient arrives. Determine how much power is reflected by the termination.   View Answer

Systems Administrative (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tektronix in December 2013.

Overall the process wasn't too bad. I went through the normal pre-screen/HR interview/Tech interview path. Everyone kept saying how happy they were to have me applying and that I seemed like a good candidate. After the final interview I was told to expect a phone call regarding their decision. Never got one which seems pretty unprofessional to me.

Interview Questions
    • Your server is using an abnormal amount of resources. Describe what you would do to troubleshoot.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Long and indepth

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tektronix in April 2011.

He started with the skills I possess and then with technical questions. All of his questions were very abstract. I tried to get more information on what he expects but could find the anything significant.

I answered them, as far as i could understand his expectations from his questions. awaiting for the reply.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tektronix in February 2011.

I applied online and was contacted by an internal recruiter for a phone interview and then forwarded my application onto the hiring manager. Was brought in for formal interviews with hiring manager and several colleagues and direct reports. Interviews were a combination of skills and experience assessments as well as behavioral questions.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tektronix in February 2011.

I didn't get the job. I am relieved because the interview questions were absolutely ridiculous and had nothing to do with the job. All questions were behaviorial or situational (e.g. "tell me about a time when...). It was also a panel interview and the people seemed very stiff and uncomfortable - which in turn made me feel weird. I would prefer people ask more about me and ask me how my skills and experience would fit the job.

They asked a bunch of questions for situations that have never happened to me - which resulted in me having to make stuff up. lol.