TeleCommunication Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.8

Computer Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TeleCommunication Systems.

Interview

Fortunately I worked with client manager earlier. Interview process was easy and seamless. There was not fair recruitment. Before appearing for interview, I was confident that I will get job.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Greenwood Village, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with the supervisor of software development. The supervisor crossed his arms and immediately stated, "I against hiring a business analyst. The firm needs more software developers who will be reporting to me. This firm does not need a business analyst who will be reporting to the Director." This made me feel unwelcomed. When I asked questions about the job, the software developer supervisor repeated, "I against hiring a business analyst. The firm needs more software developers who will be reporting to me. This firm does not need a business analyst who will be reporting to the Director."

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a pleasure to meet with the team of project managers, they seemed very nice and skilled.
    Working with HR was hard, they didn't have that much to offer in terms of benefits and salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were tasked with getting an overworked team to work on your project. What did you do and how effective was it?   Answer Question

Salary was low and they don't offer a 401k...

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Greenwood Village, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

Recruitment was long and drawn out for position sought. 2 months from recruitment interest to hire date. Recruiter lost application and personal information at one point. Had to resubmit. Orientation week was mixed with advanced training on product knowledge when very little had been attained.

Interview Questions

• Will you have a problem meeting our 75% travel requirement for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They accepted my terms of salary requirement. Very little negotiation involved.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Got phone interview. Was asked some basic embedded questions, such as how memory is corruped. On site interview followed 2 wks later. 3 interviewers, 1 hr each.

Interview Questions

• Remove a node from a one direction linked list, if just knowing the pointer to the node to be removed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email a few days HR a few days later. Scheduled an inperson interview with the hiring manager and three other people I'd be working with.

Met with the hiring manager. Had a great conversation about the position and what they were looking for. We went over on time.

The second person was out of office, so we moved onto the next two people I would be working with. Could not get a reading from them. No facial expressions and they didn't have many questions.

Lately I sat with HR to talk about the position and next steps.

A week and a half later they followed up with me about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Up to 8 interview over the course of 10 weeks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Systems Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Suwanee, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

This interview was different than normal as I contacted a former employee of the TeleCommunication Systems Inc. for a position. I had worked with that employee in the past and was able to get in touch with the hiring manager directly. The interview was a single telephone technical interview that took approximately 45 minutes.

The questions were very broad and would ensure that a seasoned system administrator would meet the position requirements. There were several scenario based questions spanning topics such as Active Directory, Windows Server administration, VMware, NetApp storage solutions, SQL databases and Microsoft Exchange Server.

The position was for an OCONUS Systems Administrator I, which is a senior-level systems administrator working in Afghanistan. The most shocking part of the hiring process for those who have not been overseas would be the description of the work environment. The company states that you will live in a 5 x 8 ft. space, work in extremely poor work conditions, subject to indirect fire. While this may be the case for some positions, the systems administrators would rarely ever be subject to those conditions. If anything, the living and work environment are very hospitable and you rarely, if ever, would be in a dangerous environment.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of very obscure, detailed question that may not be relevant to a real-world environment. For example, "What version of LDAP is used in Active Directory?"

Be prepared by reviewing certification practice tests or preparation books to get these minute details.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TeleCommunication Systems.

Interview

Interview process didn't go well

Manager Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TeleCommunication Systems (Aliso Viejo, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

What a horrible, mess! Wish I had read the bad impressions from some of the other Aliso Viejo interviewees!

The process started almost a week ago with an introduction and job description in my LinkedIn inbox. The position was something that I pretty much hit all the bullet points on. So I indicated my interest in becoming a candidate. So she went ahead and scheduled a phone interview for 6 days later.

Then later that week, she sent me the list of qualification questions (hmmm, should've been a warning sign right there...why would she schedule the phone call BEFORE, she sent me the list of qualifying questions?). So I filled it out and she said that everything looked great and then she was looking for a time to schedule the phone screen (the same one she had already scheduled...didn't think much about it at the time, but should've been warning sign two).

So I had the screen today, and the lady was a bit out of it with her questions and all over the place. Mind you, these were not technical questions...just asking about what type of companies I worked at. She seemed to be confused about what a commercial software company is and so she argued with me about that for a while. Then she argued with me about whether or not what I do in my current job constitutes a "software job" versus hardware!!

So at this point, I'm wondering if this company has it's stuff together.

Then she asked me about my salary, followed by my college education...that was followed by when I could start "when they make you an offer". I told her that I wouldn't be able to start before a date that is 4-5 weeks in the future. She got really, really rude and almost angry at me. She told me that I cannot submit a resume to them unless my start date would be 3 weeks or less from the date of the phone screen!!! (warning sign number 3 in retrospect...why would the date for the phone screen just be an arbitrary date almost a week after the first contact, if the hire date could be no more than 3 weeks from a week later?). I told her that I could not put my current company in a bad position during a crucial project, so the date 3 weeks in the future would not be possible. Plus I reminder her that we hadn't even schedule an interview or gotten an offer yet, so how could I know that I'd even have 2 weeks notice to give?

She told me to recheck the site three weeks before my earliest possible date for departure from my job, then reapply to the position if it was still there!!! Like sure, I'm going to apply to a position that was so urgent, they couldn't wait more than 3 weeks for the right candidate to start. Yeah, that sounds like a non-toxic environment.

Sounds like they don't have their heads on straight in AV. Wow, sounds like cool projects to work on. But to have this person be the first impression of the company is a sign that the company isn't very good on the upfront job of attracting candidates. Which a big concern on the back end.

Would've been nice to get into the building and see what the interview process is really like. Hopefully better than the recruiter screens. Maybe they should look for contractors and state that "already employed candidates need not apply...unless you're willing to stab your current employer in the back!" :).

Lol.