TeleNav

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TeleNav in December 2008.

Interview Details – Process could have been faster.

Step 1: Phone screen from recruiter
Step 2: Phone interview with hiring manager
Step 3: Phone interview with someone on team
Step 4: Onsite interview - 4 hours, mostly with team i would be working with + lunch interview

I have heard we eliminated step 3.

Interview Questions

• Mix of different brain teasers.   View Answer
  • Digging into CV and specifics on past experience as they relate to current position.   View Answer

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TeleNav in November 2009.

Interview Details – This was overall a definite negative experience.

For the phone screen , the recruiter set up an appointment for me to speak with the hiring manager. Either the recruiter forgot to inform the hiring manager of the date and time, or the hiring manager double-booked his appointments.

This happened again when we set up on-site interviews. The first time around, the recruiter said the interview was set up, but "might have forgotten" to confirm it with me. The second time we set up the interviews, one of the interviewers almost swore that I had to meet another person on his team. Ok, I was flexible enough to agree to meet this person. It turned out this extra person was not scheduled at all.

Oh, and they don't have the guts to tell me I'm not a good fit for the job because they're still blasting this job description on job search sites.

Interview Question – Where do you expect our company will be in the next five years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at TeleNav in November 2009.

Interview Details – A frustrating and insulting experience. I was asked no questions at all about my experience or qualifications, indicating to me that there was no intention of hiring me. I was instead immediately asked for my advice on what the company's strategy for survival should be (Google's free navigation is a huge threat.) Then I was asked to prepare an in-depth presentation for their CEO on my strategic recommendations, along with a complete competitive landscape and SWOT analysis.
The interviewer, who claimed to be the hiring manager, but I found out later was not, is a twenty-something year old kid looking for someone to do his work for him for free. I decided to not waste my time and energy providing free consulting services.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TeleNav

Worked for TeleNav? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TeleNav Marketing interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by TeleNav employees and interview candidates.