Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at TeleTech
- Customer Service Representative (114)
- Technical Support Representative (12)
- Customer Service Work At Home (7)
- TeleTech @ Home Agent (5)
- At Home Cust Service Representative (4)
- Customer Service Associate (4)
- @Home Agent (4)
- Trainer (4)
- Team Leader (3)
- Customer Service (3)
- Workforce Specialist (3)
- Call Center Agent (3)
- Customer Service Representative I (3)
- Social Media Specialist (3)
- Customer Service Representative II (2)
- Member Services Representative (2)
- Senior Marketing Manager (2)
- Desktop Support II (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- Inside Sales (2)
- Team Lead (2)
- Technical Support (2)
- Teletech@Home Customer Service Representative (2)
- Manager (2)
- Tech Support (1)
- Corporate (1)
- Process Specialist (1)
- Tech Support Teletech@home (1)
- Site Technology Lead (1)
- Leadership Development Trainer (1)
At Home Cust Service Representative Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at TeleTech (Austin, TX) in December 2014.
Filled out an application, the next day received an email to test the computer that will be used for work at home. At this same time you will take an online assessment. If everything passes, they will email with a job offer.
- Basic customer service skills 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for TeleTech
At Home Cust Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TeleTech (Miami, FL) in October 2014.
No actual person-to-person interview. Just a series of tests and what if scenarios. It was nice that the whole process was online, but speaking to a live person would have made things a lot more comfortable. From others within the company, Found out that they did away with one-on-one interviews, even phone interviews, to cut costs.
- How much experience I have in customer service. How much sales experience I have. Answer Question
At Home Cust Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at TeleTech.
Fill out application online, Did an automated interview that asked questions about past work experience, Then had to do a workbooth assessment (Computer Requirement Basically) ... I was suprise I passed, Then had to set up an offer call for getting offered a job, filled out paperworks and completed drug screening.Then Started Training!
- Nothing was difficult. Answer Question
At Home Cust Service Representative InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TeleTech in October 2012.
The "interview" was via telephone with a recording system. There was no human interaction at all. I was asked very simple questions (which are given to you online before your actual interview call so there is plenty of time to prepare) by the recording system. Your answers are recorded but it is like a voice mail system where you can check your recording and re-record it if you need to. I believe they give two chances to re-record it. It was the easiest interview of my life.
- None. All were given well in advance so none were unexpected or difficult Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I missed the scheduled offer call. There were only two before the end of their hiring season and I could not make those times.