TeleTech Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (McAllen, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Well first of all it started with an online assessment, then once passed you get an invitation to schedule yourself for an interview. Interview process was good. Once you pass the first interview, then you go to a offer interview and must provide 2 forms of i.d. and voila you're hired :) Very clean and professional environment. Starting pay is 10.50/hr

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience don't put have working in customer service?   2 Answers

TeleTech Response

Jul 20, 2015 – Social Media Specialist

Excellent! Thanks for telling us your interview experience!

Other Interview Reviews for TeleTech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied here my 1st day being back in the area. The next morning I received an email asking me to complete the assessment. While doing the assessment I received two phone calls from Teletech. The first was from a nice lady with an accent asking me to call her back so we could do a phone interview. The second was from another nice lady named Kerri (who actually works at the Springfield location) asking me to call her back if I was still interested in the job. I also got an email from Kerri during the application process telling me if I didn't contact her within two days that I would no longer be considered for the position. Again, I was in the middle of this timed assessment so I mentally noted everything and decided to call them back when I was finished. The assessment itself was relatively easy and exactly something I would expect from a call center. There was a personality segment, a computer skills segment, and then a part that actually included a phone call simulation. I also believe there was a short math section as well. As soon as I was done with the assessment I decided to call Kerri back. I let her know who I was and that yes I was definitely interested in the position. She invited me down to the site to meet that day. When I walked in I sat in the lobby chairs as instructed to do over the phone and proceeded to wait to be called for what I assumed was an interview. There was one other girl already waiting there as well. Soon a guy wearing glasses and a plaid shirt came over. He seemed very hipsterish and I soon found out his name was Phillip. Phillip told me to wait here for a just a few minutes while we waited for a few more people to show up. Once they did he explained we were all going to go into these little rooms and get on the computer so he could verify our applications were complete. Of course I had thoroughly checked my application and it was complete so once he verified this he went to a different website and helped me print out a drug screen form. He told me that they're supposed to give you 48 hours to do the drug test but that today was the last day to fill up a roster for the new class so if I wanted to be apart of that class then I needed to go today. Then he handed me my forms and directed me back to the lobby to wait for the others so that we could do our "Offer" together. At this point I pretty much knew that I had the job and there would be absolutely no formal interview. I waited about 8ish minutes for the other applicants to complete everything and as soon as the five of us were done Phillip directed us to a little conference room. A few moments after we sat down he passed out the "offer letters" and he said, "Now I'm not going to say the hourly wage out loud because we have two different projects here but I will tell you that the hourly wage is based on your qualifications and experience, and that it's all the same." This pissed me off for some reason. I mean I knew it was a call center and that of course hourly starts the same for everything and everyone but don't throw in there that it's based on qualifications and experience when it's obviously not especially when I know my skills are worth a lot more than what you are willing to pay. So then he started explaining the difference between USAA and Bestbuy which were the two projects they were hiring for. They put me on USAA. He explained training was Monday-Friday 6am to 3pm, so be ready to have that schedule for your first five weeks of working here. Then he collected two forms of id to copy. Before we left he gave us all cheap water bottles and then enticed us to come back for training to get our "fancy" coffee mugs. After I left I went straight over to take my drug test. The staff at the clinic was extremely frustrated with Teletech because I guess they had been sending people over non stop all day. (I guess that goes to show you how desperate they are to hire people). The next day I received another call from Phillip asking me to come in and choose my schedule for after training. When I got there Phillip didn't even remember who I was! He asked if I was there do my offer. As soon as I told him my name though he remembered me and even where I was from. To his credit though it must be hard trying to hire so many people all at once. To my horror I discovered that they only had split days off!! Phillip assured me that two days off together do come up in shift bids so it would only be temporary but that has yet to be determined.

Interview Questions

• Will you take this job? Out of all the crappy schedules, which one would you prefer? Can you take a drug test today?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at TeleTech.

Interview

One interview with HR rep. 10 or so questions followed by a typing test. Overall adequate for the position being offered. Only downside was not getting offer via phone, but received welcome letter in the mail 3 days before training started.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to exercise good judgment when making a decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, take or leave offer.

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (Paducah, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

I went to an open house in December and applied for the job in their system. The next day I was scheduled to do assessments because I ran out of time to do it at the open house. I was interviewed after the assessments, told I did really well. The interview went well. I was told they wouldn't be starting a class until late winter or Spring. The interviewer asked if I was ok with being added to a list to be contacted, I consented.

Interview Questions

• To be honest I think the questions are the same everywhere. What are your experiences and how do they relate to the job you're applying for.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TeleTech.

Interview

A flurry of emails, then directions for a phone interview (completely automated) never spoke to a human, showed up the first day, no idea how to get past security, recruiter didn't show up for an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (Martinsville, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

I like that TT tests you thoroughly and doesn't ask for specific work history. Tech support was great and flexible when my system didn't meet one spec. They were responsive when I could not book a schedule time because none was listed on the link.

Interview Questions

• I got two emails saying TT thought I was not interested because I had not scheduled a telephone interview yet. There were no times listed available! I was told to keep checking the link. Within two days I found an appointment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I think I will accept. I negotiate this Monday. I have an offer from Sypes Home as well. Right now I'm leaning towards TT because of the nice people in tech support.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TeleTech (Cleveland, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

There was no interview, it was an online assessment. There was a personality test, computer skills test and also they tested your voice and there was a virtual test where you handled customer calls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at TeleTech (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very difficult. Hard to speak to anyone. After online submission of application and testing no one ever called me back. wouldn't return phone calls. There were no difficult questions, just basic information. If you score high on the assessments you will get the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TeleTech.

Interview

Must do an online assessment including a phone assessment of your voice and answer questions on phone. Answers to questions will be recorded in their phone system. You won't speak to a live person. No pressure here. Once you pass you will be sent info to get a background and drug test. They pay for it. Once you pass that they send you an email and then send you an offer letter for the position they will hire you for and the training date etc. Also the requirement spec for your computer will be tested during assessment.

Negotiation

Received an offer letter via email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (Melbourne, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I've applied online and in about a week i got an email with an offer to take a phone interview. Then I've got a call from them and answered a couple of questions regarding my resume and then they presented the position in more detail and asked if I'm interested and accept their offer. Additionally I was asked to pass a drug test. Overall the interview was very easy.

Interview Questions

• There were questions related to my previos experience only   Answer Question