TeleTech Interview Questions in Springfield, MO

Updated May 27, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied here my 1st day being back in the area. The next morning I received an email asking me to complete the assessment. While doing the assessment I received two phone calls from Teletech. The first was from a nice lady with an accent asking me to call her back so we could do a phone interview. The second was from another nice lady named Kerri (who actually works at the Springfield location) asking me to call her back if I was still interested in the job. I also got an email from Kerri during the application process telling me if I didn't contact her within two days that I would no longer be considered for the position. Again, I was in the middle of this timed assessment so I mentally noted everything and decided to call them back when I was finished. The assessment itself was relatively easy and exactly something I would expect from a call center. There was a personality segment, a computer skills segment, and then a part that actually included a phone call simulation. I also believe there was a short math section as well. As soon as I was done with the assessment I decided to call Kerri back. I let her know who I was and that yes I was definitely interested in the position. She invited me down to the site to meet that day. When I walked in I sat in the lobby chairs as instructed to do over the phone and proceeded to wait to be called for what I assumed was an interview. There was one other girl already waiting there as well. Soon a guy wearing glasses and a plaid shirt came over. He seemed very hipsterish and I soon found out his name was Phillip. Phillip told me to wait here for a just a few minutes while we waited for a few more people to show up. Once they did he explained we were all going to go into these little rooms and get on the computer so he could verify our applications were complete. Of course I had thoroughly checked my application and it was complete so once he verified this he went to a different website and helped me print out a drug screen form. He told me that they're supposed to give you 48 hours to do the drug test but that today was the last day to fill up a roster for the new class so if I wanted to be apart of that class then I needed to go today. Then he handed me my forms and directed me back to the lobby to wait for the others so that we could do our "Offer" together. At this point I pretty much knew that I had the job and there would be absolutely no formal interview. I waited about 8ish minutes for the other applicants to complete everything and as soon as the five of us were done Phillip directed us to a little conference room. A few moments after we sat down he passed out the "offer letters" and he said, "Now I'm not going to say the hourly wage out loud because we have two different projects here but I will tell you that the hourly wage is based on your qualifications and experience, and that it's all the same." This pissed me off for some reason. I mean I knew it was a call center and that of course hourly starts the same for everything and everyone but don't throw in there that it's based on qualifications and experience when it's obviously not especially when I know my skills are worth a lot more than what you are willing to pay. So then he started explaining the difference between USAA and Bestbuy which were the two projects they were hiring for. They put me on USAA. He explained training was Monday-Friday 6am to 3pm, so be ready to have that schedule for your first five weeks of working here. Then he collected two forms of id to copy. Before we left he gave us all cheap water bottles and then enticed us to come back for training to get our "fancy" coffee mugs. After I left I went straight over to take my drug test. The staff at the clinic was extremely frustrated with Teletech because I guess they had been sending people over non stop all day. (I guess that goes to show you how desperate they are to hire people). The next day I received another call from Phillip asking me to come in and choose my schedule for after training. When I got there Phillip didn't even remember who I was! He asked if I was there do my offer. As soon as I told him my name though he remembered me and even where I was from. To his credit though it must be hard trying to hire so many people all at once. To my horror I discovered that they only had split days off!! Phillip assured me that two days off together do come up in shift bids so it would only be temporary but that has yet to be determined.

Interview Questions

• Will you take this job? Out of all the crappy schedules, which one would you prefer? Can you take a drug test today?   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is short and sweet. You apply online and if you are chosen for an interview they send you an email. The interview is on the phone and the questions are given to you in advance so you can rehearse your answers if you like. If you get through to the next round they call you back and offer you a time to come in for hiring paperwork. At this point you just fill out papers and submit to a drug test and are given your training schedule.

Interview Questions

• None were that difficult considering you had access to them ahead of time. Most were typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Online app and assessments, then automated phone interview, then human phone interview. Next step is filling out my preemployment paperwork and accepting the job offer in person. Extremely easy process. The questions for the automated interview were given ahead of time, and the human phone interview covered similar questions.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about SIM cards, Bluetooth, wifi, and two other things. Not challenging, just unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, preset amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Had to fill out an online assessment that took about one hour. Pretty typical and easy. Went in for a job fair interview. The person giving the interview was very kind and knowledgeable about the job. I was hired on the spot and sent for my drug test. I start tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• How to make a customer happy when what they want conflicts with company policy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Starting pay 9.50 an hour. 600 sign on bonus.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

The application process is very long and boring, the attempt to keep it fun and interactive was a complete failure. You go through about 2 hours of clicking reading and answering tech, personality, and customer service questions. You are then emailed a list of questions to answer through and automated recording; after this someone in the Philippines calls to schedule you for an interview. You are not really interviewed, you are asked if you can complete training without and absence. If you say yes you are hired and asked to come back a few hours to a day later for orientation. Orientation is not orientation at all, you pick a location closest to your house for a drug test and are given a paper with your start date, time, and the department you might work in.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions, I am willing to bet money that my 8 yr old daughter could complete the process and get hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating, the pay is horrible but more than unemployment. I suggest putting serious effort in finding another employment off while you wait to start training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Couple days later co called to set up interview. Went into interview guy explained the position to me asked if I wanted full or part time. I did say full as well as on my app. He was with the best buy side. asked a few techy questions. then sent me back the next day for the offer. The offer was for best buy but part time for $10 an hour.. the hourly is capped no incentives they say.

Negotiation

I did need f/t due to driving 30 miles away, but I can switch to USAA side for 9.5$ p/hr full time. Shift bids are twice a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial communication and interview timing were all handled online and by email. Only after the application did I receive a call to be invited to an interview. The interview was preceeded by an assessment. After passing the assessment (test of analytical, mathmatical and office skills) I was offered an interview. The interview was fairly simple and consisted of: Can you work any time? What made you choose TeleTech? What do you know about cell phones - this questioning time had specific questions but I don't remember them all.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time where you handled or took charge of a situation that a change in the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay for the technical side is $10.00 with only opportunities to bonus monthly but no raises in site.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in September 2012.

Interview

There is a computerized simulation of customer service rep work with test questions, and simple tests of typing and communications skills, then a one-on-one interview that included standard questions about sales skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer took out his cell phone, put it on the desk and told me to sell it to him. I got the impression that this was not a standard part of the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO).

Interview

After application process, you are selected to come in to take a computer test. Testing involves call simulations requiring you to answer multiple choice questions and move through several screens for different applications. After completing that portion, you take a fairly basic windows competency test. If you pass these tests, you have a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Was told what the starting salary and benefits would be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TeleTech (Springfield, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to come to the center for a skills assessment. I took the assessment there which involved computer literacy, IQ, and call handling questions. They let you know right away if you pass the assessment. I did, so they invited me to come back the following day for an interview. The interview was a sit down with a team lead and went smoothly. He let me know that he liked me and was going to recommend me for the position to his boss. They called me the next day, I think, and offered me the job. After that they take about a month to do that background check.

Negotiation

There's no negotiating.