Teledyne Technologies

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.4

FPGA Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Teledyne Technologies in December 2014.

They call me through the phone on time. They ask me some questions on handling problems of timing constraints, Verilog and VHDL, FSM design and some questions with my resume. In general, the interview focus on the resume and basic conceptions of the design. They are not too hard but requires understanding of many basic problems. The interviewer is very nice to me!

Interview Questions
    • Some conceptions and definitions in Verilog and VHDL.   View Answer

Cable Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Teledyne Technologies in April 2014.

Met with hiring manager who asked me some basic questions about my experience and gave me a tour of the facility. Place seems laid back, casual dress. Weird schedule with very early mornings but the half day every friday seems like a good thing. They hire everyone through a temp agency before bringing them on full time. Just be aware.

No negotiations.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teledyne Technologies.

Resume sent in through a recruiter. Phone interview, followed by face to face. Met group members in small groups of three where they asked questions. Made one large group presentation, ppt slides, for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions, mostly about the presentation, some about my future job function.   Answer Question
    HR sat with me in a room on the day of my face to face. I told them not to lowball me.

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teledyne Technologies in February 2013.

There was one interview and an offer within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between strategy and tactics.   View Answer
    The offer was in line with expectations and I accepted the offer.

Test and Measurement Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Teledyne Technologies in January 2012.

Expect a brief phone interview followed by an in person interview that will be a round table format with supervisors, directors, HR reps, and engineers (I had six people sit in on mine). The interviewers will take turns asking questions (about 80% skills and experience related and about 20% behavioral). They will offer an opportunity to ask questions. The company took almost thirty days to make a decision and job offer, during which time they made some reference calls. Expect to take a drug screening test and to receive a brief physical from their wellness professional before you start work.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, expect the typical "how would you handle this situation", and "what are some of your weaknesses" type of questions.   Answer Question
    Teledyne has pretty competitive pay and great benefits so I didn't feel the need to drive up salary in negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teledyne Technologies in November 2011.

Straight forward interview process, phone interview followed by in person interview with various members of the staff... no challenging questions.

Interview Questions

Did not meet salary expectations

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teledyne Technologies in September 2011.

I had an interview with the whole team. Since I worked for the competitors' company, they asked some general questions without talking specific question on my current job at that time. I got an offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    They have you filled the form first which contains your desired salary. They added a number closed to my desired number.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Teledyne Technologies in January 2009.

Managers are untrained in interviewing so you can get the job very easy. It is temporary and could take years to become permanent.

Interview Questions
    • They only give you a timed assembly test that a child can complete.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.