Telefónica Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.8

Business Development Interview

Interview

The interview process has been smooth and relaxed, communication from both parts was very nice and the questions where relatively standard, very much based on cv and personal experience. The feeling is that they are very interested into you.

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

Short time schedule for interviews and no structured ones. Lots of interviews and little information about how to follow up for future or previous interviews.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Miami, FL).

Interview

Met with two managers who asked questions and made a decision to hire or not. I then was interviewed by HR, but only to make certain salary was acceptable.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telefónica (Miami, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Were not prepared , the individual who interviewed me had little to no idea what the job function was - were replacing the current person and all he knew was they found a lot of unfinished work and correspondence on their desk.

Interview Questions

• None - barely asked anything of relevance and/or value   Answer Question

O2 Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telefónica (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Fairly straight forward the usual questions, such as where you have displayed good customer service, where you have had to organised your time, a time you came up with a new idea which was successfully implemented. Second part consisted of role play where you had a chance to read up on the general O2 info (i.e tariff prices), you then do a bit of role play with the manager trying to sell the a contract/tariff. Manager was polite and kind throughout the process, it was the HR that screwed with me. They didn't call for over TWO WEEKS! Even though I politely called to remind them I was still waiting, they told me we will call you on Monday. I didn't get a call till the Thursday. Sounds petty but its frustrating when you're pretty desperate and waiting by the phone.

Interview Questions

• As I said above. 'Give an example of when you demonstrated your organisational skills?'   Answer Question

O2 Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackburn, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (Blackburn, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after applying, I was sent an email to complete an online questionnaire. 2 weeks later I was called for an interview. Because this was taking so long I did assume that I was not successful only for them to surprise me. The interview involved mainly competency questions followed by a presentation where I would have to try and sell a package to a customer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to go against somebody's opinion and how you succeeded.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of working towards targets.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview

The interview process is quite straightforward. First there is the initial interview with HR to see if you are the right fit. Next is a half an hour phone interview with the hiring manager. If you chosen, you get a face-to-face. I did not make it that far.

Interview Questions

• Which of your experience do you find is most relevant to this role?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telefónica (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Firstly, I completed an online questionnaire. Then I was asked to complete a video interview, the question do not directly correspond with the role I was applying for. Two days later received a call from the recruitment team just to make sure I understood the job description and to make sure I met the required needs. I was then invited to have a 1:1 interview, I had to read a 12 page booklet about a customer advisors performance and then do a role play on how they can improve their performance. After that I was asked some questions chosen on how I answered the online questionnaire.

Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Pretty basic questions, mostly about experience, pros and cons about myself. Then I had another phone interview with the supervisor of the position, it wasn't technical either, though we discussed my experience with different technologies to make sure I could be a fit. Finally had an onsite interview with the same supervisor and one of the heads of the lab, this one was a 45 minute technical interview and a "soft skills" interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that computes the mean, variance and the moving average of a vector.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Started off with a one-to-one interview, which was a fairly relaxed setting. The interviewer may be off putting when assessing by looking to their tablet but keep focused. Then had an analytical case study, fairly decent with a bunch of background information and financial specifics. Had to make a decision based on the data given and present to an assessor. Then similarly had an innovative case study with same format as analytical case study. Finally, had a group exercise which was based on presenting an innovative idea and paying attention to specifics (i.e. target market, cost, potential).