Telefónica

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.8

Business Development Interview

The interview process has been smooth and relaxed, communication from both parts was very nice and the questions where relatively standard, very much based on cv and personal experience. The feeling is that they are very interested into you.

Network Engineer Interview

Short time schedule for interviews and no structured ones. Lots of interviews and little information about how to follow up for future or previous interviews.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica.

Met with two managers who asked questions and made a decision to hire or not. I then was interviewed by HR, but only to make certain salary was acceptable.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telefónica in February 2012.

Were not prepared , the individual who interviewed me had little to no idea what the job function was - were replacing the current person and all he knew was they found a lot of unfinished work and correspondence on their desk.

Interview Questions
    • None - barely asked anything of relevance and/or value   Answer Question

Graduate Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica.

Online Assessments (Personality, Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Competence Tests)

Video Interview

Assessment Day comprising of: Individual competency based interview, small group activity (5), large group activity (10), analyzing project data and explaining if it was successful/unsuccessful to an assessor, creating ideas for using wearable technologies and presenting to an assessor.

Interview Questions
    • How have you been innovative in your past experiences (Education/Work)   Answer Question

Assistant Store Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Telefónica.

Applied online then a resourcing assistant called me 2 days after for a telephone interview which i passed and was booked for a face to face interview where i was asked various questions about my past jobs and a competency based interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to influence the outcome of a sale.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a sales assistant who was not performing at their best.   Answer Question
    Understand competency based questions and learn about star method of answering questions. Give plenty of details.

Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in November 2014.

After submitting your CV and passing the online assessment the next stage is to complete a video interview. It is not as terrible as some people describe it to be. Of course it would be good to practice beforehand at looking directly at the camera (if not slightly above) so you can make 'eye contact'. You have to answer 5 or 6 questions and you have as much time as you like to take a break before you see each question but only about a minute to prepare for it. Be careful as most questions give you 2 minutes to answer them but some only 1! Read the description carefully and treat it just like any other initial interview.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica in November 2014.

I applied for this role in O2 in Slough online and received an email and call within a few days for a phone interview with HR. After going back and forth a few times, managed to get a phone interview which was covered brief background, some behavioral questions and an outline of technical requirements for the job. Clearly the HR person had no idea about the details of the role (most HR folks don't in my experience), but I got through the first round and was invited for a face to face interview.

The face to face interview was frustrating. The hiring managers were looking for skills that weren't outlined in the role advertised. They clearly had a massive list of typed out bog standard questions and were in quite a rush to cover them all, without giving me the chance to think through them before answering. Due to the pressure, I stumbled over one question and felt backed away in a corner and put in a tight spot with no help or apology from the hiring managers.

Overall, it felt like an ambush and I was so frustrated that I ended up withdrawing my application and regretting wasting my time with them.

Interview Questions
    • Competency based questions e.g. Give us an example when you did....   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Interview

Applied online
    Send links to complete test some of which required the impossible.
    One test was 5 minutes long and you had to answer 50 questions in that time, although the answers were true false or cant tell it took so long because each question linked to a certain tab of which there were six, some with written information and some graphs
    Another test was emails looking through possibly 100 emails and marking there importance before forwarding them to the correct people
    Altogether there were about 6 test.
    The next stage was a recorded video interview
    personally I was not a fan because you had a question on the screen and then you just spoke to yourself so it didn't put me in the correct mind set of an interview

Graduate Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica.

Online tests (5) - Numerical, verbal,deductive,abstract,spatial reasoning etc.
    Video Interview - 1 min to answer each question, 30 seconds to prepare each answer, 6 questions in total for the video interview
    Assessment Centre - Group exercise and face to face interview