Telefónica

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

Interviewed at Telefónica

Interview Details – Short time schedule for interviews and no structured ones. Lots of interviews and little information about how to follow up for future or previous interviews.

Interview Question – Talk about the last business case you worked.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview Details – Met with two managers who asked questions and made a decision to hire or not. I then was interviewed by HR, but only to make certain salary was acceptable.

Interview Question – What kind of company do you like to work for.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Telefónica in February 2012.

Interview Details – Were not prepared , the individual who interviewed me had little to no idea what the job function was - were replacing the current person and all he knew was they found a lot of unfinished work and correspondence on their desk.

Interview Question – None - barely asked anything of relevance and/or value   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Planning Coordinator Interview

Planning Coordinator
Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had sever interviews. I had two with HR and two with the department manager. It was a long period for hiring me because I was interviewed for two different positions. The human resources interviewer was a nice person that was helping me on anything through the whole process. It was a good interview process.

Interview Question – Actually I think there wasn't unexpected about the interview. All the questions were ok   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Very Difficult Interview

Head of Talent Interview

Head of Talent
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in March 2014.

Interview Details – Where do I start? No clear process or even knowledge of how to interview from the 5 directors! I was dealing with a great recruitment consultant who was close to the business and who shared with me much about the company and role. He was clear to outline that they were going through a change process and so this role was strategic to them going forward.

I was asked to attend an interview with the founder, this then was changed to a telephone interview and I prepared for the call. I waited for 2 hours for the call to take place, finally hearing that there was a 'client issue' which had to be attended to. Fine these things happen, a note might have been helpful but happy to reschedule. The call was arranged for a later date and I thought that it went really well. Some great concepts discussed, sharing of ideas and overall very positive. I was really interested in the role post call and keen to move forward.

I was asked to prepare a presentation and to talk about talent management programmes etc. I did so and arrived for the interview. A lovely lady met me from the reception and put me in a room... all five of the directors arrived for my interview, no introductions were made, they asked me to go forward to my presentation and this is where things became really strange.

I tried to open up the conversation to gain some further information and to tailor my presentation, the room was not friendly at all. I was speaking about talent and HR processes and what I had delivered for other clients of mine and I was told not to refer to case studies and only to talk about what I would do for them. Of course I backtracked and made an effort to tailor my presentation, I introduced some very basic models to help identify talent and was starting to talk about how to deploy these when the gentleman who I had spoken to on the telephone stopped me, told me that he didn't want to hear any more and that I should leave.

I have to say, as far as an interview process goes, the strangest that I have ever experienced in my life! A huge opportunity for the person who is chosen to make a big difference as to how these guys operate.

Interview Question – I was surprised that there was not an introduction piece to the interview, an opportunity to break the ice and get to know each other. I had loads of ideas about how the organisation could tackle their talent programme but could not present a completed programme because I simply did not know enough about their organisation. This is, in my experience, generally discussed at a first round meeting and if I had met with one/two people in the first instance I am sure I would have been in a position to present a tailored presentation.
What I tried to do was choose clients who were similar and talk about what I had delivered for them, I was told 'not to refer to what you have delivered for others', most bizarre.
  Answer Question

Finance Summer Internship Interview

Finance Summer Internship

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview Details – Applied for a position online and then didn't hear back from them until after almost 3 moths. I did online tests and was invited to a video interview. These were mainly competency based questions - nothing unexpected. Then I as invited to AC where we were asked to do group exercise and had 1 to 1 interview with someone from Finance team at Telefonica.

Interview Question – Tell about the time when you had to use your creative thinking to solve a problem   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

Interview Details – Thorough process

Interview Question – Case studies   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview Details – I made contact with a senior manager who interviewed me. The initial meeting was positive and we both agreed that my skills and experiences could best be employed with another team. I was given the name of a Senior Recruitment Advisor and advised to contact them which I did by email with telephone follow-up.

Days turned into weeks and then into months and she did not respond! No guidance. No rejection or invitation to further interview. No response even when I asked the senior manager to remind her!

I guess that Telefonica is wrapped up in bureaucracy with people unable to make qualified decisions without the involvement of a committee.

What could have been a professional interview and selection procedure has left me disappointed in Telefonica. I am confident that they have lost a strong candidate!

Interview Question – Be wary of Telefonica Recruitment's lack of responsiveness!   View Answer

Data Analytics Graduate Interview

Data Analytics Graduate
Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview Details – Online tests were intensive and varied, followed by a video interview. This was a fair assessment and although unfamiliar I think gives the candidate the chance to think whilst answering questions. This was followed by a full day assessment centre including interview, individual and group tasks.

Interview Question – Each interview varied greatly from person to person and I think the company tried hard to let you do your best. They are looking for your strengths rather than trying to trip you up.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Telefónica

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!