Telefónica Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

2.8

Head of Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telefónica (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Where do I start? No clear process or even knowledge of how to interview from the 5 directors! I was dealing with a great recruitment consultant who was close to the business and who shared with me much about the company and role. He was clear to outline that they were going through a change process and so this role was strategic to them going forward.

I was asked to attend an interview with the founder, this then was changed to a telephone interview and I prepared for the call. I waited for 2 hours for the call to take place, finally hearing that there was a 'client issue' which had to be attended to. Fine these things happen, a note might have been helpful but happy to reschedule. The call was arranged for a later date and I thought that it went really well. Some great concepts discussed, sharing of ideas and overall very positive. I was really interested in the role post call and keen to move forward.

I was asked to prepare a presentation and to talk about talent management programmes etc. I did so and arrived for the interview. A lovely lady met me from the reception and put me in a room... all five of the directors arrived for my interview, no introductions were made, they asked me to go forward to my presentation and this is where things became really strange.

I tried to open up the conversation to gain some further information and to tailor my presentation, the room was not friendly at all. I was speaking about talent and HR processes and what I had delivered for other clients of mine and I was told not to refer to case studies and only to talk about what I would do for them. Of course I backtracked and made an effort to tailor my presentation, I introduced some very basic models to help identify talent and was starting to talk about how to deploy these when the gentleman who I had spoken to on the telephone stopped me, told me that he didn't want to hear any more and that I should leave.

I have to say, as far as an interview process goes, the strangest that I have ever experienced in my life! A huge opportunity for the person who is chosen to make a big difference as to how these guys operate.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that there was not an introduction piece to the interview, an opportunity to break the ice and get to know each other. I had loads of ideas about how the organisation could tackle their talent programme but could not present a completed programme because I simply did not know enough about their organisation. This is, in my experience, generally discussed at a first round meeting and if I had met with one/two people in the first instance I am sure I would have been in a position to present a tailored presentation.
      What I tried to do was choose clients who were similar and talk about what I had delivered for them, I was told 'not to refer to what you have delivered for others', most bizarre.

Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica (Prague (Czech Republic)) in May 2013.

Interview

1.Cover letter + CVs 2. Tests - a)personality b) one day at office - application to see how you can manage your email accounts c) analytical skills 3. if successful at tests then you continue to video interview, you have one week to record yourself to 5 questions (2 of them are in english) 4. assesment centre 5. interviews --- whole process takes 3-4 months approximately

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Telefónica in April 2009.

Interview

interviewed by two managers. one normanlly would lead and the other take notes, however occasionally both ask questions. asked to complete a presentaion on what you would do on first day in the role when call volumes hit the roof

Interview Questions

• give us an example of a time when you have managed a team through change   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Telefónica in October 2014.

Interview

Online application followed immediately by online assessment, which must be completed within 2 days of application. The interview is a video interview recorded online with behavioral questions like tell me of a time, and why did you choose Telefonica. The interview is a video interview where you are required to answer questions and record it with a webcam. This process can be very awkward as there is no feedback from the receiver, also people always sound and sometimes look, less of their best on webcams, so I'd suggest practicing beforehand and making sure you are an artist before starting the interview.

Interview Questions

• The final question is the only one that would require extra research. They asked to mention how O2 could make use of some new technologies.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview

Applied online then a resourcing assistant called me 2 days after for a telephone interview which i passed and was booked for a face to face interview where i was asked various questions about my past jobs and a competency based interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to influence the outcome of a sale.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a sales assistant who was not performing at their best.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Understand competency based questions and learn about star method of answering questions. Give plenty of details.

Graduate Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Online Assessments (Personality, Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Competence Tests)

Video Interview

Assessment Day comprising of: Individual competency based interview, small group activity (5), large group activity (10), analyzing project data and explaining if it was successful/unsuccessful to an assessor, creating ideas for using wearable technologies and presenting to an assessor.

Interview Questions

• How have you been innovative in your past experiences (Education/Work)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this role in O2 in Slough online and received an email and call within a few days for a phone interview with HR. After going back and forth a few times, managed to get a phone interview which was covered brief background, some behavioral questions and an outline of technical requirements for the job. Clearly the HR person had no idea about the details of the role (most HR folks don't in my experience), but I got through the first round and was invited for a face to face interview.

The face to face interview was frustrating. The hiring managers were looking for skills that weren't outlined in the role advertised. They clearly had a massive list of typed out bog standard questions and were in quite a rush to cover them all, without giving me the chance to think through them before answering. Due to the pressure, I stumbled over one question and felt backed away in a corner and put in a tight spot with no help or apology from the hiring managers.

Overall, it felt like an ambush and I was so frustrated that I ended up withdrawing my application and regretting wasting my time with them.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions e.g. Give us an example when you did....   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online
    Send links to complete test some of which required the impossible.
    One test was 5 minutes long and you had to answer 50 questions in that time, although the answers were true false or cant tell it took so long because each question linked to a certain tab of which there were six, some with written information and some graphs
    Another test was emails looking through possibly 100 emails and marking there importance before forwarding them to the correct people
    Altogether there were about 6 test.
    The next stage was a recorded video interview
    personally I was not a fan because you had a question on the screen and then you just spoke to yourself so it didn't put me in the correct mind set of an interview

Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Telefónica.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Pretty basic questions, mostly about experience, pros and cons about myself.
    Then I had another phone interview with the supervisor of the position, it wasn't technical either, though we discussed my experience with different technologies to make sure I could be a fit.
    Finally had an onsite interview with the same supervisor and one of the heads of the lab, this one was a 45 minute technical interview and a "soft skills" interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that computes the mean, variance and the moving average of a vector.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2011.

Interview

Slow process with many ridiculous questions and IQ tests. Some of the engineers had been there for ages and had a very poor English, which made the process a bit more difficult. A few managers where electric engineers driving software teams and that was apparent from the nature o fthe questions they posed.