Telefónica Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.7

Head of Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in March 2014.

Where do I start? No clear process or even knowledge of how to interview from the 5 directors! I was dealing with a great recruitment consultant who was close to the business and who shared with me much about the company and role. He was clear to outline that they were going through a change process and so this role was strategic to them going forward.

I was asked to attend an interview with the founder, this then was changed to a telephone interview and I prepared for the call. I waited for 2 hours for the call to take place, finally hearing that there was a 'client issue' which had to be attended to. Fine these things happen, a note might have been helpful but happy to reschedule. The call was arranged for a later date and I thought that it went really well. Some great concepts discussed, sharing of ideas and overall very positive. I was really interested in the role post call and keen to move forward.

I was asked to prepare a presentation and to talk about talent management programmes etc. I did so and arrived for the interview. A lovely lady met me from the reception and put me in a room... all five of the directors arrived for my interview, no introductions were made, they asked me to go forward to my presentation and this is where things became really strange.

I tried to open up the conversation to gain some further information and to tailor my presentation, the room was not friendly at all. I was speaking about talent and HR processes and what I had delivered for other clients of mine and I was told not to refer to case studies and only to talk about what I would do for them. Of course I backtracked and made an effort to tailor my presentation, I introduced some very basic models to help identify talent and was starting to talk about how to deploy these when the gentleman who I had spoken to on the telephone stopped me, told me that he didn't want to hear any more and that I should leave.

I have to say, as far as an interview process goes, the strangest that I have ever experienced in my life! A huge opportunity for the person who is chosen to make a big difference as to how these guys operate.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that there was not an introduction piece to the interview, an opportunity to break the ice and get to know each other. I had loads of ideas about how the organisation could tackle their talent programme but could not present a completed programme because I simply did not know enough about their organisation. This is, in my experience, generally discussed at a first round meeting and if I had met with one/two people in the first instance I am sure I would have been in a position to present a tailored presentation.
      What I tried to do was choose clients who were similar and talk about what I had delivered for them, I was told 'not to refer to what you have delivered for others', most bizarre.
        Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica in May 2013.

1.Cover letter + CVs 2. Tests - a)personality b) one day at office - application to see how you can manage your email accounts c) analytical skills 3. if successful at tests then you continue to video interview, you have one week to record yourself to 5 questions (2 of them are in english) 4. assesment centre 5. interviews --- whole process takes 3-4 months approximately

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telefónica in April 2009.

interviewed by two managers. one normanlly would lead and the other take notes, however occasionally both ask questions. asked to complete a presentaion on what you would do on first day in the role when call volumes hit the roof

Interview Questions
    • give us an example of a time when you have managed a team through change   Answer Question

Quality Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telefónica in June 2010.

He ask me about my experiencies, what I propose to this job and what I know about the company

Interview Questions
    • What you know about our department and company?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in February 2009.

I got a phone interview first and there is on site interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in November 2010.

The CV was submitted to the company by the school. So there was an contact from the HR to inquire about my current studies. Based on it, the job description was sent to me and there was a phone interview with the concerned manager. Finally, I got confirmation of my acceptance.The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were general such as - describe ur strength, describe your weaknesses, what can you contribute to the company and so on. Perhaps because this was an internship position, no technical questions were asked.   Answer Question
    They have a fixed salary and benefits (lunch vouchers and language classes) for the Internship. There was no negotiation.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in February 2008.

I was called for two interviews in two different engineering teams (Radio planning and Network planning). In the end I could choose and the whole process was very friendly. The interviews were oriented towards the "Tell me why you want to work here" or "Why Telefónica/why now" kind of questions. Nothing tricky.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in ten years   View Answer
    They extended the offer and I took it home for a couple of days. The terms were very straightforward and the benefits were great, so I accepted as it was. No changes were proposed by any part.

Finance Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

interviewed at Telefónica in September 2012.

- Online Tests
    - Skype interview with a member of the HR Department + Give a presentation (10 minutes)
    - Telephone Interview with a member of the Finance Department

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges that O2 will face during the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Knowledge Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in March 2010.

One phone interview, one face-to-face with hiring manager, and one face-to-face when offered job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Hiring manager would not negotiate.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in September 2008.

Just one face to face interview with the typical STAR questions in the following areas:
    - How to manage good performers
    - How to manage bad performers
    - How to motivate people
    - Impact outside your area of responsibility
    - Providing feedback to people outside your team

Interview Questions
    There was no scope to negotiate salary