Telefónica Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.7

Data Analytics Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica.

Online tests were intensive and varied, followed by a video interview. This was a fair assessment and although unfamiliar I think gives the candidate the chance to think whilst answering questions. This was followed by a full day assessment centre including interview, individual and group tasks.

Interview Questions
    • Each interview varied greatly from person to person and I think the company tried hard to let you do your best. They are looking for your strengths rather than trying to trip you up.   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in August 2013.

Applied online. Passed the telephone interview. Telephone interview was CV based and some behavioural questions. Invited for face to face interview. Asked to prepare a document for the interview, which for first instance seems to be very unusual. The interview lasted one and half hour, some technical and behavioural questions. The interviewer was not well prepared for the interview. Did not make any notes, just ask some random questions ( whatever comes to mind first). I thought the interview went well. But no offer was made. They still looking for Mr Perfect for the role. Travel Expense was not paid.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to write a technical specification for one of their product, which was yet to be invented   View Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in February 2011.

The first interview was with the hiring manager and lasted about 1.5 hours. Went through the relevant parts of my CV for the role and was asked specific questions about my most recent roles. Also went through the details of the role I was interviewing for. Was asked at the end if I could come back the following day for a second round with one of the hiring managers other direct reports. Came back for that interview which lasted about the same. Also straightforward, going over my CV and the chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary or unrelated to my CV. All questions were in relation to my prior experience.   Answer Question
    Following the interviews, all other negotiation conversations were over the phone with HR rep.

Retail Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in July 2013.

Telephone interview about my CV. Got through to face-to-face interview where again, the store leader overviews your Cv and you must present a speech/pitch on something you are passionate (e.g. sports, own business, arts etc.)

Interview Questions
    • What is the best and worst thing your friend would say about you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Telefónica in May 2013.

1.Cover letter + CVs 2. Tests - a)personality b) one day at office - application to see how you can manage your email accounts c) analytical skills 3. if successful at tests then you continue to video interview, you have one week to record yourself to 5 questions (2 of them are in english) 4. assesment centre 5. interviews --- whole process takes 3-4 months approximately

Sales Manager Interview

Saw job on site, applied through email, recieved a call back, had two phone interviews, very standard stuff. then met face to face with the hiring manager, follwed by another face to face with him adn HR, nothing too strange. Asked lots of questions about metrics and people management

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example where you personally made the difference to someones career   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in March 2009.

I was headhunted back in 2005 by a headhunting company called Robert Half International. Later I was interviewed directly by O2 HR partner.
    We spoke about job description and I was asked about my salary expectations. Since it was a time of upturn I was offered by even bigger salary eventually.

Interview Questions
    • Still, the worst question to ask me for is: Where you want to be in five years?   View Answer
    The offer itself was very interesting and offered benefits even overcame my expectations.

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Telefónica in May 2011.

I had 4 interviews, inlcuding human resources test and assesment, there were professional interviews

Interview Questions
    • how many red cars you think are in the city?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in September 2012.

First screening and contact was made by an agency, followed by an interview with area manager and two technical persons, this is the most crucial part of the hiring process where they will try to find that you fill the expectations. There isn't a test (at least for my position, and I consider this a mistake) but a lot o catchy questions of patterns and frameworks used, and why/when you used, projects that you have been and so on.
    Besides been interviewed by three persons, te process is very light and pleasant.
    The last phase is an international conference (made in english or spanish) with a spanish developer, where more technical question will be made, things like which method you use in a certain technology to solve a problem. They make you explain the pros and cons of certain technologies, and how to solve some use cases with certain techs this took 1 hour approximately. I was very nervous in the phase but everything happened smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • The most catchy question is about workflow of work, you really should explain well why you do the thing the whey you do, and explain the benefits for you / your team.   Answer Question
    They were a little intransigent about salary negotiation and not the greater in market. You should look by yourself other benefits of working here once the recruiters can't explain them fully.

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Telefónica in January 2013.

Online behavioural and concentration test.
    During the interview we had to make a presentation about how to improve human resources