Telefónica

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Telefónica in May 2011.

I had 4 interviews, inlcuding human resources test and assesment, there were professional interviews

Interview Questions
    • how many red cars you think are in the city?   View Answer

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica in May 2011.

contact from external headhunter, smooth process, great and professional experience, too many people involved in the process (the reporting manager changed which stalled the process a bit), talked to headhunter first, then to internal recruiter, then to the line manager and final was a panel conversation with line manager, dotted line manager (HR director of country) and a peer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do I see telco industry going in the future?   View Answer
    there was discrepancy between what was initially communicated as salary and benefits by headhunter and the final offer, luckily this was sorted out eventually

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in February 2011.

The first interview was with the hiring manager and lasted about 1.5 hours. Went through the relevant parts of my CV for the role and was asked specific questions about my most recent roles. Also went through the details of the role I was interviewing for. Was asked at the end if I could come back the following day for a second round with one of the hiring managers other direct reports. Came back for that interview which lasted about the same. Also straightforward, going over my CV and the chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary or unrelated to my CV. All questions were in relation to my prior experience.   Answer Question
    Following the interviews, all other negotiation conversations were over the phone with HR rep.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in November 2010.

The CV was submitted to the company by the school. So there was an contact from the HR to inquire about my current studies. Based on it, the job description was sent to me and there was a phone interview with the concerned manager. Finally, I got confirmation of my acceptance.The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were general such as - describe ur strength, describe your weaknesses, what can you contribute to the company and so on. Perhaps because this was an internship position, no technical questions were asked.   Answer Question
    They have a fixed salary and benefits (lunch vouchers and language classes) for the Internship. There was no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in July 2010.

I went through a very simple hiring process. Some interviews with the junior management and HR. They wanted to review my undergraduate project since it was related to their work.

Interview Questions
    • I was being hired for image processing / 3D stuff. They wanted a detailed explanation of one formula in my thesis.   Answer Question

Quality Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telefónica in June 2010.

He ask me about my experiencies, what I propose to this job and what I know about the company

Interview Questions
    • What you know about our department and company?   View Answer

Knowledge Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in March 2010.

One phone interview, one face-to-face with hiring manager, and one face-to-face when offered job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Hiring manager would not negotiate.

Senior Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telefónica in December 2009.

Not really an interview process - got an offer based on my previous work within local (Telefonica Czech Republic) organization = my boss already knew me and my work for 2+ years...

Interview Questions
    • there were really no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question
    additionally to the salary - 4 days a month of homeworking in my home country (Czech Republic)

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Telefónica in August 2009.

I received a call 2 days after sending my online application from the manager of the area I applied for. We scheduled a convenient date and time to meet. They covered my travel expenses (train).

I had an interview which lasted for about 1 hour with the current intern and 2 managers. One manager was responsible for asking facts about my CV (education, previous experience, etc). The other one gave my different scenarios and I had to describe my most probable reaction to those.

After this, we talked about working hours, salary and they said they would get back to me in the next few days. 2 days later the same manager calls and offers me the position.

Great environment, great people, great experience!

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. An internship is very standard in Germany and every company has its own payment pre-established.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telefónica in April 2009.

interviewed by two managers. one normanlly would lead and the other take notes, however occasionally both ask questions. asked to complete a presentaion on what you would do on first day in the role when call volumes hit the roof

Interview Questions
    • give us an example of a time when you have managed a team through change   Answer Question