Telefónica Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Brand Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Telefónica.

The interview process is quite straightforward. First there is the initial interview with HR to see if you are the right fit. Next is a half an hour phone interview with the hiring manager. If you chosen, you get a face-to-face. I did not make it that far.

Interview Questions
    • Which of your experience do you find is most relevant to this role?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in March 2015.

Firstly, I completed an online questionnaire. Then I was asked to complete a video interview, the question do not directly correspond with the role I was applying for. Two days later received a call from the recruitment team just to make sure I understood the job description and to make sure I met the required needs. I was then invited to have a 1:1 interview, I had to read a 12 page booklet about a customer advisors performance and then do a role play on how they can improve their performance. After that I was asked some questions chosen on how I answered the online questionnaire.

Research Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Telefónica.

Had a phone interview with HR. Pretty basic questions, mostly about experience, pros and cons about myself.
    Then I had another phone interview with the supervisor of the position, it wasn't technical either, though we discussed my experience with different technologies to make sure I could be a fit.
    Finally had an onsite interview with the same supervisor and one of the heads of the lab, this one was a 45 minute technical interview and a "soft skills" interview.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program that computes the mean, variance and the moving average of a vector.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica in February 2015.

Started off with a one-to-one interview, which was a fairly relaxed setting. The interviewer may be off putting when assessing by looking to their tablet but keep focused. Then had an analytical case study, fairly decent with a bunch of background information and financial specifics. Had to make a decision based on the data given and present to an assessor. Then similarly had an innovative case study with same format as analytical case study. Finally, had a group exercise which was based on presenting an innovative idea and paying attention to specifics (i.e. target market, cost, potential).

Graduate Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica.

Online Assessments (Personality, Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Competence Tests)

Video Interview

Assessment Day comprising of: Individual competency based interview, small group activity (5), large group activity (10), analyzing project data and explaining if it was successful/unsuccessful to an assessor, creating ideas for using wearable technologies and presenting to an assessor.

Interview Questions
    • How have you been innovative in your past experiences (Education/Work)   Answer Question

Assistant Store Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Telefónica.

Applied online then a resourcing assistant called me 2 days after for a telephone interview which i passed and was booked for a face to face interview where i was asked various questions about my past jobs and a competency based interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to influence the outcome of a sale.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a sales assistant who was not performing at their best.   Answer Question
    Understand competency based questions and learn about star method of answering questions. Give plenty of details.

Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica in November 2014.

After submitting your CV and passing the online assessment the next stage is to complete a video interview. It is not as terrible as some people describe it to be. Of course it would be good to practice beforehand at looking directly at the camera (if not slightly above) so you can make 'eye contact'. You have to answer 5 or 6 questions and you have as much time as you like to take a break before you see each question but only about a minute to prepare for it. Be careful as most questions give you 2 minutes to answer them but some only 1! Read the description carefully and treat it just like any other initial interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telefónica in November 2014.

I applied for this role in O2 in Slough online and received an email and call within a few days for a phone interview with HR. After going back and forth a few times, managed to get a phone interview which was covered brief background, some behavioral questions and an outline of technical requirements for the job. Clearly the HR person had no idea about the details of the role (most HR folks don't in my experience), but I got through the first round and was invited for a face to face interview.

The face to face interview was frustrating. The hiring managers were looking for skills that weren't outlined in the role advertised. They clearly had a massive list of typed out bog standard questions and were in quite a rush to cover them all, without giving me the chance to think through them before answering. Due to the pressure, I stumbled over one question and felt backed away in a corner and put in a tight spot with no help or apology from the hiring managers.

Overall, it felt like an ambush and I was so frustrated that I ended up withdrawing my application and regretting wasting my time with them.

Interview Questions
    • Competency based questions e.g. Give us an example when you did....   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Interview

Applied online
    Send links to complete test some of which required the impossible.
    One test was 5 minutes long and you had to answer 50 questions in that time, although the answers were true false or cant tell it took so long because each question linked to a certain tab of which there were six, some with written information and some graphs
    Another test was emails looking through possibly 100 emails and marking there importance before forwarding them to the correct people
    Altogether there were about 6 test.
    The next stage was a recorded video interview
    personally I was not a fan because you had a question on the screen and then you just spoke to yourself so it didn't put me in the correct mind set of an interview

Graduate Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Telefónica.

Online tests (5) - Numerical, verbal,deductive,abstract,spatial reasoning etc.
    Video Interview - 1 min to answer each question, 30 seconds to prepare each answer, 6 questions in total for the video interview
    Assessment Centre - Group exercise and face to face interview