Telefonica Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.9

Global Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Recruiter introduced me. Process was long and drawn out. Final interview with CEO in a New York hotel lobby. What can I say, the man was busy..

Interview Questions

• Interview process was geared towards accessing whether I was a good fit, not necessarily considering my skill levels   Answer Question

Negotiation

good base pay, so I accepted as it was above industry avg.

Global Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telefonica (Miami, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by several rounds of in person interviews. Multiple people involved in the interview/hiring decision. Took several months to complete the entire process as they seem to want a consensus before making the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Had to discuss my international experience with negotiating and closing multi-country deals.   Answer Question
    • Several questions about how independently I can work as there is little guidance. More of a 'on the job' training type of role.   Answer Question

Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telefonica (Miami, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

Initial communications was made by email, then the interview process was progressing in an adequate manner (First phone, then F2F, Group/Panel, etc)

Interview Questions

• None really, all questions are related to work experience and what are you capable to achieve with that experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very ethical and according to the market, so there was not much to negotiate, offer was perfect since the beginning.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telefonica.

Interview

2 round interview process - first round was a bit odd with an HR representative and the hiring manager. Second round was much easier as it was simply with the hiring manager and direct colleague - included behavioural and case study. Case study was about an actual current business issue - so make sure to do some background research to be able to answer a case that you might actually be working on.

Interview Questions

• Oh heaps- are interviews ever easy? Make sure you understand what you have applied for, the industry, the competition, the industry challenges etc etc.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefonica (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

direct face2face interview with manager. Currently it is very difficult to enter from outiside Telefonica. You need internal references to access an interview. There are many applicants for each position, therefore interviwa are familiar but they ask a lot of questions regarding market knowledge, past roles, responsabilities...

Interview Questions

• Need to be senior in the position. Very specific questions to the post.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not very open to negotiate nowadays.

Finance Grad Interview

Interview

Video interview following a series of tests, including verbal, numerical, e-tray, personality and abstract tests, of average difficulty. 5 questions: Why Telefonica, What are main challenges, And then teamwork and resilience competency based questions. It is hard to be engaging in a video interview, and you can't go back on what you have said, so I would think quite carefully about exactly what points to get across. You have time from between the question being asked and recording the answer, so use it to look over any notes you may have.

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telefonica (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2013.

Interview

Online application responding in three weeks and than had a brief discussion over the phone. Basic HR questions and than they invited for face to face interview which ended me to be selected.

Telefonica Digital Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefonica (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

First had a phone interview which went pretty well, just asked me general questions about my CV. As Telefonica Digital is a new, separate entity away from the main Telefonica company, she asked me why they would have chosen to do this as opposed to keep them all under the same brand. I was then invited to interview. I was asked basic competancy questions concerning team work etc.

Interview Questions

• Honestly nothing out of the blue whatsoever... very straight-forward.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Telefonica.

Interview

One telephone interview followed by a face to face interview with a manager and usually the Area Manager. This one to one, is quite relaxed and generally they ask questions on past experience. "tell me about a time you've delt with a customer complaint?" There is no right or wrong answer but what they are looking for is your ability to interpret the situation take what you perceive as the right course of action and then justify why it was the right thing.

Business Strategy Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telefonica (Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)) in April 2011.

Interview

Business Cases