Telefonica Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Global Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Recruiter introduced me. Process was long and drawn out. Final interview with CEO in a New York hotel lobby. What can I say, the man was busy..

Interview Questions
    • Interview process was geared towards accessing whether I was a good fit, not necessarily considering my skill levels   Answer Question
    good base pay, so I accepted as it was above industry avg.

Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telefonica in June 2010.

Initial communications was made by email, then the interview process was progressing in an adequate manner (First phone, then F2F, Group/Panel, etc)

Interview Questions
    • None really, all questions are related to work experience and what are you capable to achieve with that experience   Answer Question
    Very ethical and according to the market, so there was not much to negotiate, offer was perfect since the beginning.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Telefonica.

direct face2face interview with manager. Currently it is very difficult to enter from outiside Telefonica. You need internal references to access an interview. There are many applicants for each position, therefore interviwa are familiar but they ask a lot of questions regarding market knowledge, past roles, responsabilities...

Interview Questions
    • Need to be senior in the position. Very specific questions to the post.   Answer Question
    not very open to negotiate nowadays.

Finance Grad Interview

Video interview following a series of tests, including verbal, numerical, e-tray, personality and abstract tests, of average difficulty. 5 questions: Why Telefonica, What are main challenges, And then teamwork and resilience competency based questions. It is hard to be engaging in a video interview, and you can't go back on what you have said, so I would think quite carefully about exactly what points to get across. You have time from between the question being asked and recording the answer, so use it to look over any notes you may have.

Telefonica Digital Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telefonica in October 2012.

First had a phone interview which went pretty well, just asked me general questions about my CV. As Telefonica Digital is a new, separate entity away from the main Telefonica company, she asked me why they would have chosen to do this as opposed to keep them all under the same brand. I was then invited to interview. I was asked basic competancy questions concerning team work etc.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly nothing out of the blue whatsoever... very straight-forward.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Telefonica.

One telephone interview followed by a face to face interview with a manager and usually the Area Manager.

This one to one, is quite relaxed and generally they ask questions on past experience.

"tell me about a time you've delt with a customer complaint?"

There is no right or wrong answer but what they are looking for is your ability to interpret the situation take what you perceive as the right course of action and then justify why it was the right thing.

Business Strategy Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telefonica in April 2011.

Business Cases

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Telefonica in October 2010.

I was interviewd for a COO position on a high tech new venture company. The interview was arranged by my former employers and it took the 1:1 form.

Interview Questions
    • what kind of relation I would like to have with this new start up company   Answer Question

Patent Specialist - Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Telefonica in January 2010.

I attended the European Career Fair at MIT, and approached the Telefonica booth. I showed themmy resume and they invited me to interview at the designated interview locations the next day. I met with a woman from HR, who was very friendly and helpful. She seemed pleased that I had been to Madrid before, where the position was, and apprecitated humility and a demonstration of diligence and experience and value to employees through examples. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the co-op program because I don't finish my degree until next December. That person sent my resume to the patent office, where they agreed to take me on for the summer, without any further interviews, even though the director of the co-op program indicated that I would need to do a phone interview.