Telefonica

Global Account Director Interview

Global Account Director
New York, NY

Interviewed at Telefonica

Interview Details – Recruiter introduced me. Process was long and drawn out. Final interview with CEO in a New York hotel lobby. What can I say, the man was busy..

Interview Question – Interview process was geared towards accessing whether I was a good fit, not necessarily considering my skill levels   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good base pay, so I accepted as it was above industry avg.

Services Manager Interview

Services Manager
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Telefonica in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communications was made by email, then the interview process was progressing in an adequate manner (First phone, then F2F, Group/Panel, etc)

Interview Question – None really, all questions are related to work experience and what are you capable to achieve with that experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very ethical and according to the market, so there was not much to negotiate, offer was perfect since the beginning.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Telefonica.

Interview Details – direct face2face interview with manager. Currently it is very difficult to enter from outiside Telefonica. You need internal references to access an interview. There are many applicants for each position, therefore interviwa are familiar but they ask a lot of questions regarding market knowledge, past roles, responsabilities...

Interview Question – Need to be senior in the position. Very specific questions to the post.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not very open to negotiate nowadays.

Business Strategy Leader Interview

Business Strategy Leader
Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Telefonica in April 2011.

Interview Details – Business Cases

Interview Question – Financial Concepts   Answer Question

Finance Grad Interview

Finance Grad

Interviewed at Telefonica

Interview Details – Video interview following a series of tests, including verbal, numerical, e-tray, personality and abstract tests, of average difficulty. 5 questions: Why Telefonica, What are main challenges, And then teamwork and resilience competency based questions. It is hard to be engaging in a video interview, and you can't go back on what you have said, so I would think quite carefully about exactly what points to get across. You have time from between the question being asked and recording the answer, so use it to look over any notes you may have.

Interview Question – Telefonica challenges if you hadn't prepared for it.   Answer Question

Telefonica Digital Graduate Scheme Interview

Telefonica Digital Graduate Scheme
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Telefonica in October 2012.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview which went pretty well, just asked me general questions about my CV. As Telefonica Digital is a new, separate entity away from the main Telefonica company, she asked me why they would have chosen to do this as opposed to keep them all under the same brand. I was then invited to interview. I was asked basic competancy questions concerning team work etc.

Interview Question – Honestly nothing out of the blue whatsoever... very straight-forward.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Telefonica.

Interview Details – One telephone interview followed by a face to face interview with a manager and usually the Area Manager.

This one to one, is quite relaxed and generally they ask questions on past experience.

"tell me about a time you've delt with a customer complaint?"

There is no right or wrong answer but what they are looking for is your ability to interpret the situation take what you perceive as the right course of action and then justify why it was the right thing.

Interview Question – Whats the difference between a manager and a leader   Answer Question

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Chief Operating Officer
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Telefonica in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewd for a COO position on a high tech new venture company. The interview was arranged by my former employers and it took the 1:1 form.

Interview Question – what kind of relation I would like to have with this new start up company   Answer Question

Patent Specialist - Internship Interview

Patent Specialist - Internship
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Telefonica in January 2010.

Interview Details – I attended the European Career Fair at MIT, and approached the Telefonica booth. I showed themmy resume and they invited me to interview at the designated interview locations the next day. I met with a woman from HR, who was very friendly and helpful. She seemed pleased that I had been to Madrid before, where the position was, and apprecitated humility and a demonstration of diligence and experience and value to employees through examples. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the co-op program because I don't finish my degree until next December. That person sent my resume to the patent office, where they agreed to take me on for the summer, without any further interviews, even though the director of the co-op program indicated that I would need to do a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Telefonica? Contribute to the Community!