Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Telefonica
- Optical Engineer (1)
- Services Manager (1)
- Global Account Manager (1)
- Assistant Manager (1)
- Finance (1)
- Global Account Director (1)
- Chief Operating Officer (1)
- Business Development Manager (1)
- Patent Specialist - Internship (1)
- Finance Grad (1)
- Telefonica Digital Graduate Scheme (1)
- Business Strategy Leader (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Telefonica.
2 round interview process - first round was a bit odd with an HR representative and the hiring manager. Second round was much easier as it was simply with the hiring manager and direct colleague - included behavioural and case study. Case study was about an actual current business issue - so make sure to do some background research to be able to answer a case that you might actually be working on.
- Oh heaps- are interviews ever easy? Make sure you understand what you have applied for, the industry, the competition, the industry challenges etc etc. Answer Question
- No OfferAverage Interview
Video interview following a series of tests, including verbal, numerical, e-tray, personality and abstract tests, of average difficulty. 5 questions: Why Telefonica, What are main challenges, And then teamwork and resilience competency based questions. It is hard to be engaging in a video interview, and you can't go back on what you have said, so I would think quite carefully about exactly what points to get across. You have time from between the question being asked and recording the answer, so use it to look over any notes you may have.
- Telefonica challenges if you hadn't prepared for it. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Telefonica (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.
First had a phone interview which went pretty well, just asked me general questions about my CV. As Telefonica Digital is a new, separate entity away from the main Telefonica company, she asked me why they would have chosen to do this as opposed to keep them all under the same brand. I was then invited to interview. I was asked basic competancy questions concerning team work etc.
- Honestly nothing out of the blue whatsoever... very straight-forward. Answer Question