Telefund Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

1.8

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Telefund.

Interview

Walked in and read a script. Then did "Training," for which I was not paid. My trainer sucked and was a drug addict/ drunk. I couldn't stand the smell of the place. Horrible experience. Everyone there looked sketchy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how do I feel about calling for controversial issues.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I regret having accepted

Caller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Telefund.

Interview

I applied for several positions above the level of caller. Had four interviews with them and they just never followed up. After every interview they never told me when the next one was. I felt as if I was just being interviewed as a formality.

Interview Questions

• Did I want a career in my major? If so, why would I apply to stay there   1 Answer

Student Fund Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Telefund (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

phone interview to assess my attitude towards generating funds, asking about previous experience in collecting funds,my work in high school and undergraduate college.what I hope to do withtbis job, why I think I will be a good fit for the student position, what were my expectations for the job?

Interview Questions

• describe any weakness and how it interfered with your work?   Answer Question

Fund-Raiser Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Telefund (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted application information via their website and was called back two days for a telephone interview.She asked me if I was familiar with any of the abbreviated campaign names that she read off. I told her no but I'm familiar with campaign telemarketing because I did work at another company. she said well if you work at that company and you should be familiar with some of these campaigns. I told her the campaigns I worked on which were not the ones that she read to me. She then told me that maybe I should go to their website and read more about their company and she can we interview me without prejudice.

Interview Questions

• are you familiar with political campaigns?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Telefund (Austin, TX).

Interview

Initial phone call was kind of like a screening, then my first in person interview was with a group of people and they went over pay, hours, etc, then I talked to someone individually for about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Scenario question - what would I say if someone said they couldn't give right now!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered me the job on the spot then did the second interview the next day

Telefunder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Telefund (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

One interview unpaid, one mostly unpaid training, 5 training days to see if you get to stay

Interview Questions

• Finding out how much you have to push potential donors.   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing

Fund-Raiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Telefund (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy as pie! they will hire anyone. Any degenerate off the street or any low-life, any crazy person you can imagine! Anyone! They will give any idiot a job, ass long as you can read! You must be able to read, you can get good at the job just by practicing and you have to be able to not feel guilty asking poor people for money.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What negotiations?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Telefund (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

not very difficult. seemed like the company had a high employee turnover rate. pay is based on min. wage plus commission. interviewed for re-elect obama camapaign but couldn't bs why obama should be re-elected so wasn't hired.

Interview Questions

• Why should Obama be re-elected?   1 Answer

Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Telefund (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was an easy sit down interview with a senior employee at telefund. They asked you about some of your strengths and weaknesses. They also explained the training process which is about 3 days long in which it is seminar base with role play.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to offer up a solution to why someone cannot give the amount asked?   Answer Question

Fund--Raiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Telefund (Denver, CO) in October 2009.

Interview

This is easy! Walk in, fill out an application or attach a resume and you'll be good to go. Best to follow up in person every week or so until they agree to the one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite cause and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You accept the position and train.