Telenor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telenor in March 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews and official culture

Interview Question – as a telecommunication top company in ranking   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Oslo (Norway)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Telenor.

Interview Details – The process started with a screening interview with a local recruitment company.
I was then taken in for interview in the company's HQ. There were 2 very experienced IT & Business professionals plus a recent recruit.

Interview Question – I was very well prepared and answered all questions without any issues.
One of the questions I got was about the company's international investments.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate myself, I focused on the job requirements as the financial terms were already taken care of by the recruitment company.

Senior Systems Developer Interview

Senior Systems Developer
Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telenor in June 2009.

Interview Details – Had a preliminary phone interview, and got called to a first interview with the head of the IT department. After that I got called to a second interview with HR and the guy that was going to be my daily leader.

Two first meetings were loose talking, them probing who I were and whether I knew what I was talking about. Last meeting was a logic test and some questions on my personal life from HR. And detailed questions on how I would react on concrete problems in daily wok situations by the daily leader.

Interview Question – The personal questions about my life with my girlfriend and where I saw myself in the future were quite surprising and the first a little unpleasant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary and they said that that was a little more than they had expected and offered a little bit less and I agreed.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Belgrade (Serbia)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Telenor.

Interview Details – Applied online on Telenor web site; after couple of weeks they called me for testing.
First stage of selection:
Tests (test of English skills, personality test, general aptitude test, test of specific required technical skills);
Second stage:
Technical interview (only technical questions, mostly regarding my previous experiences and skills needed for that position);
Third stage: interview with HR department about my personal preferences, behavior, etc.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Telenor in September 2008.

Interview Details – after applying online interview call was received, after the interview call we were been given an I/Q test date. on passing the test 1:1 interview was been called on. on successful completion of the above process we were been exam-en by the doctors

Interview Question – during the interview while discussing different market issues they suddenly switched their question and asked me that if three cloths takes 3 min to get dry how much time 8 cloths will take   View Answer

Trainee Accountant Interview

Trainee Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Telenor in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a pannel of two personnel, one from management and other from HR. we discussed my past experience and reasons for me to switch. there was a brief discussion on probationary period, salary package, working hours, training and learning opportuinities. I was quite surprised to find out that the interviewers failed to answer a few of my questions fully.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to switch from where you are already working. (I was working for one of the leading employers then)   Answer Question
  • What was your scope of work there and how do you think it would help you here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – please make sure that you ask very clearly about the package and work responsibilities as well as learning opportunities, if you need to switch from your previous job be sure it is worth it and to weigh your options thus yu must have full knowledge of the scope being offered here.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Human Resources Advisor
Fornebu (Norway)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Telenor in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was a profile interview. It was not around any specific competencies but focused more on the things that I had done in the past. Alhough it did focus on communication, clarity and ability to express ideas. It went quite relaxed so much so that in the end I felt that the interviewer had lost the interest to dig further. However when I was given the job offer, it said quite a few things about the culture. The interviewer did challenge me on a few things conceptually.

Interview Question – Is your education from a recognized university?   View Answer

Telenor Teknisk Trainee Interview

Telenor Teknisk Trainee
Oslo (Norway)

The process took a day - interviewed at Telenor in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the trainee program and got feedback not to long after. Got invited to take part in some skill tests online. I think it was about 3 of them pluss a personality test. Must have done okay on those tests because I was invited to the next step of the prosess ; assessment day. The assemssment day lasted one full day. First i was interviewed by a psychologist(extern) and a woman(internal) for about 1 and a half hour. Asked me all kind of questions to get a sens and feel of what kind of working person I was. In the end they had some questions to the personality test.
Later on I had to retake one of the online test i had taken in advance.
Even later on I got a personal test. Had to read through a case and present it.
The final test was a group test. 4 of us was givven a case : We were suppose to be the board of Telenor and the had been a catastrophy. We should therefor come with a sulotion to the problem. Not a biggy.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you took initiative of a group task and the outcome was poor / negative.   View Answer

Finance Interview

Finance
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Telenor in July 2011.

Interview Details – Hr staff was very weak and I cannot say that it was the best of its profession. Questions were not very professional and answers from their side to my questions were pretty closed and not satisfying.
Althoug, they wee very friendly and the interview was not in a stress enviroment.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 3 years?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Belgrade (Serbia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telenor in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is very convenient for anybody who is backed up with good university background. After sending the online application, the applicant is contacted by email and phone, and is being invited for the interview. The first stage is doing the written IQ and personality tests, and after one week the results are known. Then the 1:1 interview is done with three company employees/managers. Next day the offer is submitted.

Interview Question – What are your expectations?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Small salary.

Worked for Telenor? Contribute to the Community!