Telenor

Updated Jan 6, 2015
Updated Jan 6, 2015

3.2

Lead Java Developer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Telenor.

There were 3 steps of interview process:
    1. Phone HR interview
    2. Phone technical interview
    3. 1 to 1 interview with company's guys

Technical interview was related to my previous experience and testing of my technical back ground.
    1 to 1 was just testing of my English spiking skills and personality testing, T think.
    After step 3 I got the job offer in several days.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't get unexpected questions. All question were related to my technical skills and to my previous working experience   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Telenor.

The process started with a screening interview with a local recruitment company.
    I was then taken in for interview in the company's HQ. There were 2 very experienced IT & Business professionals plus a recent recruit.

Interview Questions
    • I was very well prepared and answered all questions without any issues.
      One of the questions I got was about the company's international investments.

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate myself, I focused on the job requirements as the financial terms were already taken care of by the recruitment company.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telenor.

Applied online on Telenor web site; after couple of weeks they called me for testing.
    First stage of selection:
    Tests (test of English skills, personality test, general aptitude test, test of specific required technical skills);
    Second stage:
    Technical interview (only technical questions, mostly regarding my previous experiences and skills needed for that position);
    Third stage: interview with HR department about my personal preferences, behavior, etc.

Trainee Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telenor in June 2012.

I was interviewed by a pannel of two personnel, one from management and other from HR. we discussed my past experience and reasons for me to switch. there was a brief discussion on probationary period, salary package, working hours, training and learning opportuinities. I was quite surprised to find out that the interviewers failed to answer a few of my questions fully.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to switch from where you are already working. (I was working for one of the leading employers then)   Answer Question
    • What was your scope of work there and how do you think it would help you here?   Answer Question
    please make sure that you ask very clearly about the package and work responsibilities as well as learning opportunities, if you need to switch from your previous job be sure it is worth it and to weigh your options thus yu must have full knowledge of the scope being offered here.

Telenor Teknisk Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Telenor in March 2012.

Applied for the trainee program and got feedback not to long after. Got invited to take part in some skill tests online. I think it was about 3 of them pluss a personality test. Must have done okay on those tests because I was invited to the next step of the prosess ; assessment day. The assemssment day lasted one full day. First i was interviewed by a psychologist(extern) and a woman(internal) for about 1 and a half hour. Asked me all kind of questions to get a sens and feel of what kind of working person I was. In the end they had some questions to the personality test.
    Later on I had to retake one of the online test i had taken in advance.
    Even later on I got a personal test. Had to read through a case and present it.
    The final test was a group test. 4 of us was givven a case : We were suppose to be the board of Telenor and the had been a catastrophy. We should therefor come with a sulotion to the problem. Not a biggy.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you took initiative of a group task and the outcome was poor / negative.   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telenor in March 2012.

At first I had phone interview and then they took a written test. They also took a group interview and finally they accepted me and offered a job. The whole process took almost two months.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like to share something about your previous company? this question was from HR.   View Answer
    I could not negotiate the salary. But I want to request to negotiate salary before joining to any company.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Telenor in July 2011.

Hr staff was very weak and I cannot say that it was the best of its profession. Questions were not very professional and answers from their side to my questions were pretty closed and not satisfying.
    Althoug, they wee very friendly and the interview was not in a stress enviroment.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telenor in March 2011.

2 interviews and official culture

Senior Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telenor in June 2009.

Had a preliminary phone interview, and got called to a first interview with the head of the IT department. After that I got called to a second interview with HR and the guy that was going to be my daily leader.

Two first meetings were loose talking, them probing who I were and whether I knew what I was talking about. Last meeting was a logic test and some questions on my personal life from HR. And detailed questions on how I would react on concrete problems in daily wok situations by the daily leader.

Interview Questions
    • The personal questions about my life with my girlfriend and where I saw myself in the future were quite surprising and the first a little unpleasant.   Answer Question
    I asked for a salary and they said that that was a little more than they had expected and offered a little bit less and I agreed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telenor in September 2008.

after applying online interview call was received, after the interview call we were been given an I/Q test date. on passing the test 1:1 interview was been called on. on successful completion of the above process we were been exam-en by the doctors

Interview Questions
    • during the interview while discussing different market issues they suddenly switched their question and asked me that if three cloths takes 3 min to get dry how much time 8 cloths will take   View Answer