Telenor Pakistan

Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telenor Pakistan in April 2014.

I first heard about the Intern position online, and applied on the Career Portal of the official Telenor Pakistan website. Applicants were asked to participate in an online IQ test which consisted of 30 General Knowledge and Mathematics questions. The time allotted to complete the test was 30 minutes. The test was very simple, and I completed it in about 25 minutes. After being short-listed as a candidate following the test, a 1-on-1 interview was scheduled with the HR team. The interview was not technical, I was only asked general questions like:

"Tell us about yourself."
    "Why did you choose the field of study you're currently in?"
    "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"
    "Why do you want to join Telenor?"
    "What do you consider to be your biggest achievement?"
    "What extra-curricular activities at your institute are you involved in?"
    "When was the last time you had a fight with someone?"

The interview went pretty well. After a few weeks, I was asked by the company to send in some personal details via scanned copies (educational documents, mostly). I was asked to appear for another interview in the following weeks, which was solely technical. I was mainly asked about the theory and working of my FYP (Final Year Project). This one went pretty great as well. I didn't hear back from the company for an extended period of time after this interview and I started to believe that perhaps I had been rejected, until I received the joining notification via e-mail with the details of my placement location, salary, etc.

Takeaways:
    - Contrary to what some people might have you believe, the hiring process is transparent and doesn't count any recommendations whatsoever. You must have a strong CV, good grades obviously, and active participation in extra-curricular activities like volunteering activities, workshops, seminars, etc. really helps.
    - There is a huge competition. For the Summer Internship Program 2014, there were 20,000+ candidates for placement in 26 departments, and only 60 were finally selected.
    - Never lose hope. Be confident, and trust your skills. You will only make it if you think you can.

Interview Questions
    • "When was the last time you had a fight with someone?"   View Answer
    No negotiation took place.

Vas Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telenor Pakistan.

I was contacted by Telenor HR after Employee Referral

Interview Questions
    • What skills can you bring to telenor that no other candidate can bring?   View Answer

Trainee Accounts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Telenor Pakistan.

I applied online at telenor Pakistan careers portal, the job was listed under job opportunities. First of all, i had to create online profile and enter my details into the website to apply. Secondly, I was sent an sms detailing my interview venue and time.
    The next day, I went to the venue and waited for my turn. When I was called in for the interview, i was introduced to the interviewing panel and shook hands and I was asked to provide my CV

Thats when the first question came:

Question1. Have you worked anywhere before?

This is your opportunity to highlight your past job experience

Question2. What are your strengths?

Over here, I would suggest you to highlight your proffesional skills

Question3. What are your weaknesses?

Over here, the panel is trying to catch you out so make points which do not negatively affect your impression.

Question4. How did you demonstrate "this" strength during your last job?

I would suggest you to make a scenario/story to explain your strength through past experience

Question 5. How much do you know about Accounting?

I would suggest you to point out an area of accounting you know

Question6. How is evidence generated for "this" area of accountng(eg How to document sales and receivables)

I would suggest you explain this area in detail

Question7. Tell me about "this other" area of accounting and how it is carried out?

You would have to explain this second area aswell...

That was the end of the interview, now you will be told what the company has to offer you and you can ask questions

The interview process in fairly easy if you know basic accounting processes such as receivables payables and documentation those processes and in which order each document is raised.

Also, know your strengths and weaknesses and be prepared to ask the interviewer to repeat or clarify the question if the question was hard or not specific. Take your time in answering the questions, dont rush it through and dont panic( drink Malt hehe)

Interview Questions
    • 1. What are your weaknesses
      2. How have you demonstrated a strength or weakness?

Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online – interviewed at Telenor Pakistan in April 2013.

Online application

CS - NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Telenor Pakistan in October 2012.

A panel of three people.

Business Intelligence Executive Interview

It was a three stage hiring process. The initial interview was with HR, then Technical, then with the Director. They asked me less technical questions, in fact, I was not asked technical question. All of the questions were related to HR.

Interview Questions
    • I told them that I was innovative, and they sad that there was no innovation involved at this level, there are day to day activities, so if there is no innovation how would you cope up with the work.   Answer Question

Officer/Executive/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telenor Pakistan.

- Job is advertised on the Telenor Pakistan site (Career section)
    - Same Job is advertised on the Telenor Pakistan portal for employees
    - Once the deadline is passed, all relevant applications are sent by HR to the team manager (who is hiring)
    - Applications are shortlisted by the team manager as per requirements and job description
    - First round of interview is conducted for suitable candidates. This is a technical interview
    - 3-5 candidates are shortlisted for the next interview. This is with HR and the Staff Manager/Department Manager. This is a behavior interview.
    - Salary and Benefits analysis is being done for the best suited candidate and the offer is sent
    - Candidate has to accept the offer within 2 days, otherwise the offer is sent to the next most suited candidate

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral/Analytical questions can be tricky at times. One should listen to such questions carefully and then answer.   Answer Question
    win-win

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islāmābād, Punjab (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islāmābād, Punjab (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Telenor Pakistan in July 2012.

It was a call. i was called via mobile phone and the caller was speaking quite confusingly not completely sure of what he meant himself the Job offer was for assistant manager but his way of conveying the information made it fell like as if it was some small time job no one would bother with.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have that others dont have   View Answer
    The call was on mobile phone. they called me to the centre not clarifying what position I was applying for. It was clarified afterwards when i reached the HQ in Islamabad when I came to realize what position i was applying for which was assistant manager. i was not prepared leaving my interview completely useless

Manager Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Telenor Pakistan in June 2012.

I have met one of the Director of the prestige organization during one of my workshops and he liked my work and invited me for a informal meeting to his office. i went there a couple of days later where he shared the proposal for this position. after i agreed to come for the interview i have got the call a couple of days later for the interview. i went there for the panel interview where a couple of director along with the HR manager interviewed me for the Manger Business Development position. interview went really well and i have got the Job offer after two days. which i declined due to my promotion in the company i am already working.

Interview Questions
    • i always find this question hard to answer. "what is your biggest weakness."   View Answer

I have also applied for an internal position in my company and i really wanted that position as it was my area of interest. after a couple of days of my interview i got selected for that internal position that is why i declined the offer with a thank you email & call to that director for showing his interest in me

BI Governance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telenor Pakistan in June 2012.

There are a series of interviews for any post. The first is mostly with a panel consisting of immediate line managers as well as an HR partner. If this is cleared then the next is with the head of department and after that the final is with VP. The first is mostly a series of questions about previous experience and skills along with behavioral. The second is more focused on skills and technical and final is behavioral and mostly a final formality before the offer is made officially. I have had only the first interview so far and am awaiting response.