Teleperformance Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

i only had one interview with brief questions about what i expect from the job, what are my benefit concerns and my schedule for work that i desire and what was my basic pay rate.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teleperformance.

If you are a living breathing human I believe that you could get a job here. They have about a 20% per month turn over in agents

Interview Questions
    • I was presented a competently different picture on the computer than what the caller was seeing I think my mistake was not calling for additional support.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation that I was aware of. The offer was made and I could choose to accept or decline.

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teleperformance in March 2014.

This post is going to get a little bit lengthy but it really gives people who are going in for an interview a sense of what it was like for me because I didn't find a post on here that actually portrayed what happened with my interview.

I had a lot of people telling me that Call Centers were awful places and I shouldn't even bother applying. I met someone at the place I karaoke who worked at Teleperformance. She talked to me for a little bit about how she was on the fun committee and she told me I should apply. I applied online and within a week or two(not exactly sure on the time frame) they called me. The person on the phone had a very upbeat tone and she genuinely listened to what I had to say. We talked about the weather and I explained I had a cold, so I didn't want to come in as soon as that next day for the interview so I could have time to get a little better. She understood and told me to feel better. She conducted a very short phone interview, which is mostly just to hear how you talk on the phone, with very simply questions. "If we have positions only in the evening is that okay with you?" or "We are required to drug test. Are you concerned with that?"

She set my interview up for that monday and informed me that the dress code was a mandatory business casual/business attire. I'm not dressy so I went and bought a new outfit before my interview, only to show up to people in jeans. I was a little frustrated but I realized that I was feeling very confident about what I was wearing and how professional I looked compared to others. Some people also don't have the means to go out and buy new clothes. It also turned out that they were only there for training so people were able to instructed that they were able to wear them. While these people were waiting, I filled out a sheet of paper. It was a simple 'keep the two top sheets and fill out the bottom with the same information you gave us on your application.' I took three tests on the computer which tested my ability to type, use and correct spelling and grammar errors and basic computer knowledge.

I overheard the Recruiter talking about how she has gotten that call that made her want to scream, cry and quit. And she explained to them that they would too. But she also explained that on their way out the door, someone will stop them. They'll turn it around. They'll make it better and they'll help you.

The tests were easy, overall. I scored well on the computer knowledge test and was given another test. It was simple and it was a written test, using the verizon website as a helpful tool to answer the questions. After I was finished with that, I waited in the lobby again for a recruiter to come get me. He informed me that this wasn't the initial interview and he was seeing where I would be well placed. I did a little talking up and he was fun and silly but got down to business. He ended up doing my initial interview and he sat me back in the office to wait on a Verizon Recruiter. The interview questions weren't that difficult. We did a role play scenario and he helped me through it a little, making sure to tell me what I was doing wrong and what I was doing wrong.

I waited for the Verizon guy and it took him awhile and when he did get there, he was a little shy but eventually he opened up. We talked a bit and I took another test. It was timed but he thought I did pretty well. Although he wasn't able to help me with the answers, he kind of tried to push me along in the right direction because he knew I had the potential.

I waited again in the Lobby and the guy who did my first interview came back out and we sat down and picked my schedule out and he offered me the position. The schedules were mostly in the evening but I got to pick the days I wanted off. I had to fill out more paperwork and had to go back to the lobby to finish even more paperwork.

Overall, the paperwork was a little bit tedious but it was needed for a brand new job. I did see some people who went straight in for the first interview and came right back out. They will send you away if you aren't what they're looking for. I waited in the lobby several times and had the assumption that I wasn't hired from things I had heard on Glassdoor. Sometimes waiting is needed. So if you're waiting, don't worry. Don't panic and stay confident. You'll go through several interviews and several tests. That's okay. I was also under the pressure that it would be a group interview but it was in fact not. So, don't stress.

The people there were amazing, honestly. I can only hope that my experience with the rest of the company goes just as well. I had bad luck with the car and the receptionist found someone to jump it for me. Everyone was just very friendly. One more note: talk first. I had to say things first sometimes but I was okay with that. Don't be nervous and smile.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were unexpected. The role-play was the hardest for me. Make sure if you're applying for this position to keep the conversation going no matter how silly their voice might be when they're role-playing with you.   Answer Question
    There wasn't exactly a negotiation. They did ask me if the salary was what I wanted for that job that I was offered. It was almost 1.50 more then what I'm used to getting paid so it didn't exactly bother me. I also was able to choose my schedule as well. They were very open with what was best for me. But the pay was set.

Director of Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Teleperformance in March 2014.

Teleperformance had a decent environment for conducting an interview. I was interviewed by multiple Managers and other Supervisors. The company could be a bit more prompt when bringing the Manager's by for the interviews...I was kept waiting for quite a while.
    The paperwork was simple and not too time-consuming. The questions asked were specific and well structured. The interviewers were very professional.

Interview Questions
    • How does your previous experience align with the goals of our company?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teleperformance in March 2014.

Hiring and Interview took place on same day. If you have a pulse and you type, and are personable you will get hired at teleperformance. Training is 3 weeks long, with lots of rules, no eating, no cell phones, respect etc. But training had cell phones, people on facebook on the computers, and food everywhere...it was a joke.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. If you can start the next training session, you are in.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay 10.00 while in training 10.75 when hired.

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teleperformance in March 2014.

Very thorough and organized interviewing/onboarding process. Information about the position was presented in a manner that was straight forward. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. There weren't lengthy amounts of paperwork involved for the position. Overall, the hiring process was very quick.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you've gone above and beyond for the customer. Or What if a customer called you yelling and using bad language, would you be able to handle that situation?   Answer Question

Technical Support Advisor Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Teleperformance.

I knew someone who was working there at the time and they communicated that they were hiring. Applied online and was able to get an interview. The interview processing included a type test with a low required typing speed. Also tested some tech knowledge (Q&A). They probably gauged your stress as well. The HR person's interview was mostly easy. They had a lot of slots to fill I believe. He wasn't that personable.

They wouldn't negotiate.

Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Teleperformance in February 2014.

Went through a recruiter. 1 phone interview, 1 in person interview. Recruiter handled salary and benefit negotiation. Technical interview did not seem very hard. Seems like they were used to interviewing people who said they were developers but actually had no experience, because the questions asked almost anyone could answer.

Interview Questions
    • An etl has failed. After running it again, some duplicates are in the system. How do you identify the duplicate records? (This was difficult only because I had to make up the domain)   View Answer

Tech Support Representative for Microsoft Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teleperformance.

Initial process was being led into a room that sat 20 people with the company recruiter there to explain the job, pay and benefits. Then you went to the premises on the designated day and took a test to see if you were viable for them. Then you were interviewed by an arrogant, obnoxious man who spoke down to you, afterwards interviewed again by the initial recruiter and then told you were hired. It was like a herding process, they were there to get more bodies in, because they have such a high turnover there.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to make sense out of the days of the week and the hours of the day to fit in with my already night time classes.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, it was $12 base salary and if you had a Masters Degree or pertinent certifications, then you got $1.00 more per hour.

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Expect to be there for a few hours at your interview. They will hire ANYONE so long as you don't lie during you interview so if don't much about a question just tell the truth.

Interview Questions
    • Question aren't so much important as long as you are honest.   Answer Question
    Negotiated only my schedule.