Teleperformance

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.1

Customer Service Representative - Tech Support Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teleperformance in July 2014.

I initially applied online, however, after not receiving and replies to my application, I went in person and was informed that I will need to do two or three assessments to determine what training class they would put me in. After completing the assessments, which I passed, I was taken into a room to do a typing test. After passing the typing test, I was interviewed, first, by a lady from HR, and next, by a floor supervisor. The interview questions specifically focused on my customer service experience and how I have dealt with other people in specific scenarios. Overall, the interviews were easy and did not take long.

Interview Questions
    • How you dealt with a stressful situation and what was the end result.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable as far as pay was concerned.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Teleperformance in June 2014.

Take a typing test and a written exam for submission. If the results are good then you will receive a call back for an interview. I was looking for a job that I could work before college started and in between quarters when I come home so I marked part time on my application. When I was called in for the interview I waited 1hr and 30 min before finally being called back and as soon as I get in he lets me know that they are not looking for any temporary positions. If that was the case they could have kindly declined my application instead of leaving me with the impression that there was a possibility.

Interview Questions
    • Did not get the chance to be asked any official interview questions   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Teleperformance in June 2014.

It was a long and drawn out process. I spoke to about 3-4 different recruiters that asked almost basically the same questions. There was testing as well that seemed very simple...anyone could and should pass it. Pretty basic overall... just too time consuming. I was there about 3 hours!

Interview Questions
    This job was offered, pay was way lower than I expected. There is no room for negotiating a higher pay. It is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobart, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobart, IN

First off the hiring process took like 4 weeks because the first week the computers were down, the second time I came back a week later then they didn't have anyone to interview me. The third time I finally got to take the typing test and passed but then I had to wait another week just to be interviewed with another girl. I was told that I would be working on the HR block assignment and I was so excited until the lady called me ONE WEEK before I was set to start ant told me that I couldn't work because my credit score wasn't high enough to work on that project... What does my credit score even have to do with doing my job. Most people do not even pass the qualifications for the HR block position and I did and yet I am here without a call back from them even though they said that I would have another contract within the next week or so... This company sucks...well the one in Hobart Indiana at least.

Interview Questions
    They only wanted to pay 9 dollars.

Customer Service Representative Interview

i only had one interview with brief questions about what i expect from the job, what are my benefit concerns and my schedule for work that i desire and what was my basic pay rate.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teleperformance.

If you are a living breathing human I believe that you could get a job here. They have about a 20% per month turn over in agents

Interview Questions
    • I was presented a competently different picture on the computer than what the caller was seeing I think my mistake was not calling for additional support.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation that I was aware of. The offer was made and I could choose to accept or decline.

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teleperformance in March 2014.

This post is going to get a little bit lengthy but it really gives people who are going in for an interview a sense of what it was like for me because I didn't find a post on here that actually portrayed what happened with my interview.

I had a lot of people telling me that Call Centers were awful places and I shouldn't even bother applying. I met someone at the place I karaoke who worked at Teleperformance. She talked to me for a little bit about how she was on the fun committee and she told me I should apply. I applied online and within a week or two(not exactly sure on the time frame) they called me. The person on the phone had a very upbeat tone and she genuinely listened to what I had to say. We talked about the weather and I explained I had a cold, so I didn't want to come in as soon as that next day for the interview so I could have time to get a little better. She understood and told me to feel better. She conducted a very short phone interview, which is mostly just to hear how you talk on the phone, with very simply questions. "If we have positions only in the evening is that okay with you?" or "We are required to drug test. Are you concerned with that?"

She set my interview up for that monday and informed me that the dress code was a mandatory business casual/business attire. I'm not dressy so I went and bought a new outfit before my interview, only to show up to people in jeans. I was a little frustrated but I realized that I was feeling very confident about what I was wearing and how professional I looked compared to others. Some people also don't have the means to go out and buy new clothes. It also turned out that they were only there for training so people were able to instructed that they were able to wear them. While these people were waiting, I filled out a sheet of paper. It was a simple 'keep the two top sheets and fill out the bottom with the same information you gave us on your application.' I took three tests on the computer which tested my ability to type, use and correct spelling and grammar errors and basic computer knowledge.

I overheard the Recruiter talking about how she has gotten that call that made her want to scream, cry and quit. And she explained to them that they would too. But she also explained that on their way out the door, someone will stop them. They'll turn it around. They'll make it better and they'll help you.

The tests were easy, overall. I scored well on the computer knowledge test and was given another test. It was simple and it was a written test, using the verizon website as a helpful tool to answer the questions. After I was finished with that, I waited in the lobby again for a recruiter to come get me. He informed me that this wasn't the initial interview and he was seeing where I would be well placed. I did a little talking up and he was fun and silly but got down to business. He ended up doing my initial interview and he sat me back in the office to wait on a Verizon Recruiter. The interview questions weren't that difficult. We did a role play scenario and he helped me through it a little, making sure to tell me what I was doing wrong and what I was doing wrong.

I waited for the Verizon guy and it took him awhile and when he did get there, he was a little shy but eventually he opened up. We talked a bit and I took another test. It was timed but he thought I did pretty well. Although he wasn't able to help me with the answers, he kind of tried to push me along in the right direction because he knew I had the potential.

I waited again in the Lobby and the guy who did my first interview came back out and we sat down and picked my schedule out and he offered me the position. The schedules were mostly in the evening but I got to pick the days I wanted off. I had to fill out more paperwork and had to go back to the lobby to finish even more paperwork.

Overall, the paperwork was a little bit tedious but it was needed for a brand new job. I did see some people who went straight in for the first interview and came right back out. They will send you away if you aren't what they're looking for. I waited in the lobby several times and had the assumption that I wasn't hired from things I had heard on Glassdoor. Sometimes waiting is needed. So if you're waiting, don't worry. Don't panic and stay confident. You'll go through several interviews and several tests. That's okay. I was also under the pressure that it would be a group interview but it was in fact not. So, don't stress.

The people there were amazing, honestly. I can only hope that my experience with the rest of the company goes just as well. I had bad luck with the car and the receptionist found someone to jump it for me. Everyone was just very friendly. One more note: talk first. I had to say things first sometimes but I was okay with that. Don't be nervous and smile.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were unexpected. The role-play was the hardest for me. Make sure if you're applying for this position to keep the conversation going no matter how silly their voice might be when they're role-playing with you.   Answer Question
    There wasn't exactly a negotiation. They did ask me if the salary was what I wanted for that job that I was offered. It was almost 1.50 more then what I'm used to getting paid so it didn't exactly bother me. I also was able to choose my schedule as well. They were very open with what was best for me. But the pay was set.

Director of Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Teleperformance in March 2014.

Teleperformance had a decent environment for conducting an interview. I was interviewed by multiple Managers and other Supervisors. The company could be a bit more prompt when bringing the Manager's by for the interviews...I was kept waiting for quite a while.
    The paperwork was simple and not too time-consuming. The questions asked were specific and well structured. The interviewers were very professional.

Interview Questions
    • How does your previous experience align with the goals of our company?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teleperformance in March 2014.

Hiring and Interview took place on same day. If you have a pulse and you type, and are personable you will get hired at teleperformance. Training is 3 weeks long, with lots of rules, no eating, no cell phones, respect etc. But training had cell phones, people on facebook on the computers, and food everywhere...it was a joke.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. If you can start the next training session, you are in.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay 10.00 while in training 10.75 when hired.

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teleperformance in March 2014.

Very thorough and organized interviewing/onboarding process. Information about the position was presented in a manner that was straight forward. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. There weren't lengthy amounts of paperwork involved for the position. Overall, the hiring process was very quick.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you've gone above and beyond for the customer. Or What if a customer called you yelling and using bad language, would you be able to handle that situation?   Answer Question