Teleperformance Technical Support Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teleperformance (Columbus, OH).

Interview

applied on-line called the next day for appointment. Showed up and there was a room full of people who had just shown up for a regular open house. They finally saw me. they let me go in on 2 projects to listen on calls and see what they did. I picked tech support. The test was a picture of a computer, keyboard and mouse asking you to name the part. Typing test, 25wpm. I waited another hour for someone from the verizon project to interview me. His questions were only how many days had I missed on my last job and why. I told him I had one sick day in 2 years. That was it. It took all afternoon.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation , they said based on education and experience, but everyone starts at same pay rate, and you work he schedule they tell you.

Other Interview Reviews for Teleperformance

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teleperformance (Orem, UT).

Interview

Interview process was simple and easy to negotiate which project I wanted to be put on. They asked me how I would handle hard situations at work. There was quite a line of people to interview as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate in the interview, but not for pay.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teleperformance (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

This post is going to get a little bit lengthy but it really gives people who are going in for an interview a sense of what it was like for me because I didn't find a post on here that actually portrayed what happened with my interview. I had a lot of people telling me that Call Centers were awful places and I shouldn't even bother applying. I met someone at the place I karaoke who worked at Teleperformance. She talked to me for a little bit about how she was on the fun committee and she told me I should apply. I applied online and within a week or two(not exactly sure on the time frame) they called me. The person on the phone had a very upbeat tone and she genuinely listened to what I had to say. We talked about the weather and I explained I had a cold, so I didn't want to come in as soon as that next day for the interview so I could have time to get a little better. She understood and told me to feel better. She conducted a very short phone interview, which is mostly just to hear how you talk on the phone, with very simply questions. "If we have positions only in the evening is that okay with you?" or "We are required to drug test. Are you concerned with that?" She set my interview up for that monday and informed me that the dress code was a mandatory business casual/business attire. I'm not dressy so I went and bought a new outfit before my interview, only to show up to people in jeans. I was a little frustrated but I realized that I was feeling very confident about what I was wearing and how professional I looked compared to others. Some people also don't have the means to go out and buy new clothes. It also turned out that they were only there for training so people were able to instructed that they were able to wear them. While these people were waiting, I filled out a sheet of paper. It was a simple 'keep the two top sheets and fill out the bottom with the same information you gave us on your application.' I took three tests on the computer which tested my ability to type, use and correct spelling and grammar errors and basic computer knowledge. I overheard the Recruiter talking about how she has gotten that call that made her want to scream, cry and quit. And she explained to them that they would too. But she also explained that on their way out the door, someone will stop them. They'll turn it around. They'll make it better and they'll help you. The tests were easy, overall. I scored well on the computer knowledge test and was given another test. It was simple and it was a written test, using the verizon website as a helpful tool to answer the questions. After I was finished with that, I waited in the lobby again for a recruiter to come get me. He informed me that this wasn't the initial interview and he was seeing where I would be well placed. I did a little talking up and he was fun and silly but got down to business. He ended up doing my initial interview and he sat me back in the office to wait on a Verizon Recruiter. The interview questions weren't that difficult. We did a role play scenario and he helped me through it a little, making sure to tell me what I was doing wrong and what I was doing wrong. I waited for the Verizon guy and it took him awhile and when he did get there, he was a little shy but eventually he opened up. We talked a bit and I took another test. It was timed but he thought I did pretty well. Although he wasn't able to help me with the answers, he kind of tried to push me along in the right direction because he knew I had the potential. I waited again in the Lobby and the guy who did my first interview came back out and we sat down and picked my schedule out and he offered me the position. The schedules were mostly in the evening but I got to pick the days I wanted off. I had to fill out more paperwork and had to go back to the lobby to finish even more paperwork. Overall, the paperwork was a little bit tedious but it was needed for a brand new job. I did see some people who went straight in for the first interview and came right back out. They will send you away if you aren't what they're looking for. I waited in the lobby several times and had the assumption that I wasn't hired from things I had heard on Glassdoor. Sometimes waiting is needed. So if you're waiting, don't worry. Don't panic and stay confident. You'll go through several interviews and several tests. That's okay. I was also under the pressure that it would be a group interview but it was in fact not. So, don't stress. The people there were amazing, honestly. I can only hope that my experience with the rest of the company goes just as well. I had bad luck with the car and the receptionist found someone to jump it for me. Everyone was just very friendly. One more note: talk first. I had to say things first sometimes but I was okay with that. Don't be nervous and smile.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were unexpected. The role-play was the hardest for me. Make sure if you're applying for this position to keep the conversation going no matter how silly their voice might be when they're role-playing with you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't exactly a negotiation. They did ask me if the salary was what I wanted for that job that I was offered. It was almost 1.50 more then what I'm used to getting paid so it didn't exactly bother me. I also was able to choose my schedule as well. They were very open with what was best for me. But the pay was set.

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teleperformance (Shreveport, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was quite mediocre in my opinion. I was explained the job I would be doing, what was expected of me and then questioned against my resume. Nothing outstanding or anything to be worried about.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what empathy means?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Interview

Expect to be there for a few hours at your interview. They will hire ANYONE so long as you don't lie during you interview so if don't much about a question just tell the truth.

Interview Questions

• Question aren't so much important as long as you are honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated only my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teleperformance (Lindon, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

You put in an aplication online. They call you in contact. Set up an Interview. If you meet the minimum (45 wpm and pleasant) then you meet with the project head you are applying for. After that interview, if you make it you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Open ended questions, such as "When was a time you had an employee that was hard to work with?" "How did you react to that?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just ensuring we were both ok with the terms of how much the pay was, and what days would be worked. (You don't get to pick your schedule as freely when you first start out).

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Teleperformance (Shreveport, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

I felt like it was fly-through interview but I'm thankful I was hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at all....my advice show the hirer the reasons why you believe you deserve the compensation you're desiring and don't take the first salary you're offered

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teleperformance (Ogden, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

they call you for an interview. First they have you fill out some paper work then take a typing test just so they can see how fast you can type and if you score over a certain number then they ask you if you're "tech savy" if you say yes then they make you take a test

Interview Questions

• Its typical interview questions, strengths/weakness, work history, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you pass the computer test then they tell you "we'd like you to work for the _____ project, the starting pay is_____ would you like to take this position?" they use more words but that is basically the jist of it

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teleperformance (Columbus, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

I completed the application online at Teleperformance.com. I was called in for an interview, did some assessment testing (typing, grammar, and PC) I then interviewed with a recruiter. She was very polite and made me feel comfortable during the interview. She acknowledged my technical skills and then had me interview with a supervisor from the project that she thought would best fit my skillset. The supervisor who interviewed me asked me more technical questions and evaluated my logical reasoning. I was then offered the position and completed the paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teleperformance (Boise, ID) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within two weeks. I went to the business office and took both a written exam and a typing test. The written exam was to test me on my knowledge of both MAC and Windows OS. After passing both, I was put in a small room with the interviewer. I was asked the basic questions; why I wanted to work for them, what had been my greatest success, and of course, worst failure; how I had overcome it or what I would do differently.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question posed to me in any interview is "my worst failure" or "what I would do differently;" I wish there were only one answer; however, the most "unexpected" question was, "how do you 'ping' a computer"?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't one. I was offered a job immediately and was asked as to what department I would like to work..