Telephonics Interview Questions

2.9

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

2 face to face meetings. Lots of follow up conversation. Lead you on. Took more than 6 months for them to make a decision. Extremely unprofessional on how they handled the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Based on my specific experience and international background there was not a difficult question asked.   Answer Question

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics in January 2013.

Interview

people are nice. HR is excellent. interview went well but they are slow to respond to inquiries and updates on positions.

Senior EE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingville, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position on-line, Career Builder. Within the hour I got a call from their HR. I went on the interview, I meet 4 EEs. The interview process was pleasant. They asked me about my leadership skills (in large projects), do I know "DOORs", my experience with VHDL and using MS Project, my experience in design phases and circuit design. At the end, I was tested on my digital know. Simply State Machine question and MUX question. I answered all their questions, but at the end, I was turned down for the position. It appears that lately employers like this one are demanding more responsibilities from the Senior level Engineers for a salary of $100,000 per year. Interesting that the Senior levels have a high degree of education, but we are not allowed to make the same amount of money that CEO makes with a lesser education level. My views in this situation is that interviewers were looking for a copy of a person who retired from their group and more in experiences. Too much pressure for an individual. Personally, I'm glad I was turned down.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Met the company at a career fair, spoke on the phone with an HR manager to get some background and get felt out for the position. Then went in for in person interviews with HR, Hiring manager, and Sr. Manager. Hiring manager had very good questions and gave good detail about the position. Trying to see if we were a good fit. Place seemed like a nice place to be, interesting schedule 7-5 M-Th then 7-12 on Fridays. They ended up going with someone with more experience with government contracts. This is a government contractor so I would suggest building your knowledge in that area.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of work you have done in " " or projects you have worked on?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Telephone contact from highly personable recruiter. Phone screen from hiring manager. Call from HR rep with invitation for face to face interview. Face to face interviews with HR Rep and 5 managers. All were friendly and open. All in all, a good experience.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics (Melville, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

They already had in mind a candidate that was in house for the position and this interview was just a formality to check off an HR box.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. It started with several telephone discussions to establish that there was a good match. The telephone interview was followed by a full day interview that was conducted with various departments including human resources, operations, sales, engineering and finance. Again this was a fairly standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Telephonics is a conservative company and has many employees that have been employed twenty, thirty or more years. My personal employment history includes a number of jobs that were in the 2-year employment range. As such ther were many questions and concerns about my desire for long term employment. This was avalid concern and the line of questioning was appropriate to the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Again, the salary negotiation was fairly straight forward. They understood my salary history and expectations. After a single round of discussions we rapidly came to a mutually acceptable agreement.