Telephonics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Director Interview

Business Development Director
Farmingdale, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ months - interviewed at Telephonics in September 2013.

Interview Details – 2 face to face meetings. Lots of follow up conversation. Lead you on. Took more than 6 months for them to make a decision. Extremely unprofessional on how they handled the interview process.

Interview Question – Based on my specific experience and international background there was not a difficult question asked.   Answer Question

Financial Planner Interview

Financial Planner

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Telephonics in January 2013.

Interview Details – people are nice. HR is excellent. interview went well but they are slow to respond to inquiries and updates on positions.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Farmingdale, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Telephonics in July 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly standard. It started with several telephone discussions to establish that there was a good match. The telephone interview was followed by a full day interview that was conducted with various departments including human resources, operations, sales, engineering and finance. Again this was a fairly standard interview process.

Interview Question – Telephonics is a conservative company and has many employees that have been employed twenty, thirty or more years. My personal employment history includes a number of jobs that were in the 2-year employment range. As such ther were many questions and concerns about my desire for long term employment. This was avalid concern and the line of questioning was appropriate to the situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Again, the salary negotiation was fairly straight forward. They understood my salary history and expectations. After a single round of discussions we rapidly came to a mutually acceptable agreement.

Senior EE Interview

Senior EE
Farmingville, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Telephonics in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on-line, Career Builder. Within the hour I got a call from their HR. I went on the interview, I meet 4 EEs. The interview process was pleasant. They asked me about my leadership skills (in large projects), do I know "DOORs", my experience with VHDL and using MS Project, my experience in design phases and circuit design. At the end, I was tested on my digital know. Simply State Machine question and MUX question. I answered all their questions, but at the end, I was turned down for the position. It appears that lately employers like this one are demanding more responsibilities from the Senior level Engineers for a salary of $100,000 per year. Interesting that the Senior levels have a high degree of education, but we are not allowed to make the same amount of money that CEO makes with a lesser education level. My views in this situation is that interviewers were looking for a copy of a person who retired from their group and more in experiences. Too much pressure for an individual. Personally, I'm glad I was turned down.

Interview Question – Leader Skills   View Answer

Procurement Interview

Procurement
Farmingdale, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Telephonics in April 2010.

Interview Details – Met the company at a career fair, spoke on the phone with an HR manager to get some background and get felt out for the position.

Then went in for in person interviews with HR, Hiring manager, and Sr. Manager. Hiring manager had very good questions and gave good detail about the position. Trying to see if we were a good fit. Place seemed like a nice place to be, interesting schedule 7-5 M-Th then 7-12 on Fridays.

They ended up going with someone with more experience with government contracts. This is a government contractor so I would suggest building your knowledge in that area.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example of work you have done in " " or projects you have worked on?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Melville, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telephonics in October 2008.

Interview Details – They already had in mind a candidate that was in house for the position and this interview was just a formality to check off an HR box.

Interview Question – When will you implement CMMI   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Farmingdale, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Telephonics in April 2010.

Interview Details – Telephone contact from highly personable recruiter.
Phone screen from hiring manager.
Call from HR rep with invitation for face to face interview.
Face to face interviews with HR Rep and 5 managers.
All were friendly and open.
All in all, a good experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Telephonics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telephonics interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Telephonics employees and interview candidates.