Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,790 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Question

I interviewed in West Palm Beach, FL and was asked:
"Tell me a time you went above and beyond what was expected of you."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Sales Associate Interview Review - one of 1,425 Best Buy Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 2
votes
Again, this question is individual to the person. They said it could be something I did for family, school or something at work. I used an example of how I used to come in early and stay late at my last job and help with some major filing that needed to be done and it was all off the clock. I was friendly with the owner and knew it needed to be done. It was never asked of me but I volunteered to do it. It took me over four months to catch up on 4 years of back up filing. The interviewer was wanting to know how you are willing to help out your team mates and the company in ways that may be needed but not necessarily known. If you see something that needs to be done and it's simple enough, just pitch in and do it.
- Interview Candidate on Aug 14, 2012 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.