Fedex Express

www.fedex.com
Profile Unclaimed

Interview Question

Dangerous Goods Agent Interview Indianapolis, IN

Tell me about a time when you were given a task that you

were not qualified for, but in the end, was surprised or proud of what you had successfully accomplished...and how did you do it? ---TRICK QUESTION: You are NEVER supposed to perform duties at FedEx When you are not qualified to do so. AND, at the beginning of the interview, I was told to relate my answers to FedEx experience whenever possible.
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I told them about a time (outside of FedEx) when I was put in charge of the inventory of a VERY large overseas order of Commercial building materials. It was a HUGE responsibility that actually was the job of my supervisor. He was unexpectedly called away from the job (BUSY man).
He handed all the paperwork to me and said, "I trust you. I know you can do this. You'll do great." I carefully counted each piece 2-3 times as I marked them down on the paperwork. I was only a packager (& built shipping crates for finished parts)
It would be devastating for the company to have the shipment refused due to a mistake, as international shipping costs are very expensive and it was a relatively small company.
I didn't make a single mistake. My boss was unable to return (family issues) for almost a week. As a result, HIS boss put me in charge of the entire job.
It later earned me a position in the shipping dept, doing regular monthly inventory, and training new employees!

Interview Candidate on Jun 23, 2012

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.