Interview Question

Anonymous Interview(Student Candidate)

Tell me about a

time you had a problem that you couldn't seem to solve.
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

One day a client called in while most of the attorneys and the paralegal were out of the office. Our firm was working on registering their corporation as part of a real estate transaction (they were making a real estate purchase). The client needed a registration from the Secretary of State Division of Corporations in Minnesota. The was 2:00 pm on a Friday. I did my best to accommodate the client and took the initiative by contacting the Secretary of State in MN myself to obtain the document. I made sure to speak with a supervisor since the occasion was urgent. As it turns out, the MN Secretary of State was unable to get the registration to us until the following Tuesday (and that was expedited service). I requested this expedited service and contacted the client myself to explain the situation as diplomatically as possible. I also gave her the cell phone number of the attorney handling her file so that she could make known her concerns. The situation was resolved the following Tuesday, the real estate transaction was not delayed, and the client was satisfied.

accountinggrad on Apr 9, 2012