Babson College
www.babson.edu Babson Park, MA 500 to 999 Employees

Babson College Developer Interview Question

I interviewed in Babson Park, MA and was asked:
"Tell me about why you want to leave your present employer?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Developer Interview Review - one of 12 Babson College Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
Ugh. This always gets into a tricky area.

I don't have a pollyanna attitude towards my current employer, but I think they do good work and mostly, there's just a lot of really good people there. Plus, the last thing you want to do in an interview is bash your current employer.

Secondly, I'm underpaid where I'm at - been told this time and time again - again, this just happens. But you can't say "I'm thinking of changing jobs because I'm just not making enough where I'm at and I'm not likely to - at least not until I get a job offer on the table that I can ask them to match, which God knows, they may not, so this has to be a viable option... Oh jeez, the interview was going so well, what happened?"
- Interview Candidate on Dec 11, 2010 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Babson College interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Babson College employees and interview candidates.