Tellabs Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.8

Order Management Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tellabs (Bolingbrook, IL).

Interview

Great round table interview with all the key decision makers but it took them 3 months to get back to me with an offer. From then on, I internally interviewed & those always went well
    & quick

Interview Questions

• Provide specific example of how I'd handle X problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was quick & offered was signed within 3 days & I started 2 wks later.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Tellabs in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process was professional but informal and friendly. Decision making was reasonable from time of contact.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tellabs.

Interview

Phone interview, On-site Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tellabs.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. First one was from manager, she asked me some basic java questions, like what version of java i use most, what IDE i was using. Second one was from everyone of that team, some test on java and what i would do if countering a problem ive never seen before.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions about java, and at that time i didn't have very deep understanding about it.   Answer Question

People there are very nice, but I have some other pending offer.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tellabs (Columbus, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Phase 1: Contacted by recruiter to see if I was interested and I may be a good fit.
    Phase 2: Contacted by project manager for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions only on previous schooling and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay a pretty good wage but, they may wiggle a little bit

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tellabs (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

If you can answer 50% of the questions you are in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none offered

Networking Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tellabs (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview which covered L2,L3 protocols(Routing,Switching).
     After a week was informed tht they want to get me onsite for a panel interview.
     5 ppl frm a team interviewed me. Questions were based on Networking fundamentals:
    1)Abt Perl
    2)STP
    3)RSTP
    4)VLANs
    5)IGMP Protocol
    6)Windowing
    7)Adjacency formation in OSPF

Difficulty level was moderate.
    Good people and enjoyed the interviewing process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tellabs (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Three people interviewed me(all techies). Questions about OS(process, threading), C Programing and also was asked to solve some puzzles. They went in depth for all the questions and was asked to write programs with syntax (just the pseudo code was not accepted).

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain my project in detail and write C code to improve the existing code. This went for around 1.5 hrs   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tellabs (Naperville, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Very detailed long interview with several people on the team lasting hours and with technical discussions.met with hr team leader and 3 people on the team. 1 return interview with a technical test and good fit review.

Interview Questions

• What system recovery option would you choose ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty clear entered a range in middle to allow for growth.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tellabs (Naperville, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Basic 3 person panel interview. Series of tech question and non-tech questions.