Tellabs Operations Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tellabs Operations

QA Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tellabs Operations in January 2011.

The process started when attending a job fair which Tellabs held where one could speak directly with the hiring manager(s). The actual managers i eventually worked with were not present as the fair was held on a Saturday. In speaking with a manager from another team, where I thought i could fit in, mentioned I would actually be a better fit with the other team. He took my resume and forwarded the resume to the hiring manager. After following up, it took about 2 weeks for one of the hiring managers to call and have a phone screen. Although, I would not be reporting to her, she took the lead on the interview process as the manager would report to was on leave. Once the phone screen was complete, an in person interview was scheduled for a week later. After completing that round, I received a call from the manager I would actually report to as a follow up.

did not negotiate

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tellabs Operations in March 2011.

1) First round is telephonic
    2) second round is in person
    3) hr round for offer if u clear first two rounds

Mostly they will concentrate on ur projects in CV and the coding skills and depending on the job requirement.
    If u r intervieing for Protocols team u need to have knowledge of what they meniotned in job description

Interview Questions
    • If u have experience on Network , they will ask u questions abt wimax and lte network architecture.   View Answer
    • Questions about protocols like SNMP, tunneling and MIBS   View Answer
    I didnot negotiate on my offer, I accepeted whatever they offered, as i was moving from India I didn't negotiate

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tellabs Operations in June 2011.

First interview was over the phone with HR person. It included standard questions on why I want the position, what is my background and skills. Second interview was with team and included behavioral, skills and experience questions. And final interview was with a director asking again behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are you weaknesses and strengths? How would you deal with a certain problem? What would be your plan in a certain situation?   Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer and did not negotiate.

Worked for Tellabs Operations? Contribute to the Community!