Tellabs

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tellabs in February 2012.

Interview Details – If you can answer 50% of the questions you are in

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – none offered

Networking Intern Interview

Networking Intern
San Jose, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tellabs in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initially had a phone interview which covered L2,L3 protocols(Routing,Switching).
 After a week was informed tht they want to get me onsite for a panel interview.
 5 ppl frm a team interviewed me. Questions were based on Networking fundamentals:
1)Abt Perl
2)STP
3)RSTP
4)VLANs
5)IGMP Protocol
6)Windowing
7)Adjacency formation in OSPF

Difficulty level was moderate.
Good people and enjoyed the interviewing process

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Internship Interview

Internship
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tellabs in April 2011.

Interview Details – Three people interviewed me(all techies). Questions about OS(process, threading), C Programing and also was asked to solve some puzzles. They went in depth for all the questions and was asked to write programs with syntax (just the pseudo code was not accepted).

Interview Question – Was asked to explain my project in detail and write C code to improve the existing code. This went for around 1.5 hrs   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tellabs in January 2010.

Interview Details – interviewed with 7 people. mostly professional but ran into a few who were too theoretical with an ego. all of them did not appear too excited about the company.

Interview Questions

• step by step description of network design for various protocols   Answer Question
  • write out a complete ethernet and mpls frame on whiteboard   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Tellabs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tellabs interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tellabs employees and interview candidates.