Telogical Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

3.6

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Telogical Systems (Charleston, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

I sent in a cover letter and resume to the company. I was emailed shortly after asking if I would be willing to do a project and send it back to them. The project included some research and comparison of two cable/internet providers, which took about 3 hours to complete. After I sent the project in, they asked me to come in for an interview. The interview consisted of a personality test, Excel test, and a group interview with 5 employees of the company. They each took turns asking questions about different aspects of myself and the job (background, school, job experience, plans for the future, what I knew about the job/company).

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Telogical Systems.

Interview

After I submitted my resume and cover letter I had a phone interview that lasted only about 20 minutes. The next step was an in-person panel interview where you also had to take some tests (personality, excel test). It took probably another three months before they gave me an offer. They told me the "interview process was ongoing" so in the meantime I looked for another job because I didn't want to wait around for months without one. Honestly I would have accepted had it not taken literally months to hear back from them. I would get an email once a week saying I was "still in the running" which was really disheartening and stressful. The people on the interview panel were incredibly kind and welcoming and I'm sure they would be lovely to work with.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard, make sure you have examples to back up whatever you say.   Answer Question

I had found another job while waiting for them to give me an answer.

Residential Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Telogical Systems uses the behavioral interview method. For example, they will ask questions like - how you handled a certain problem, how you made a particular decision, how you carried out a project, etc. The interview will include at least 4 Telogical Systems employees, so be ready to speak to numerous people. Prior to the in-person interview you will be asked to do a project. They will ask you questions about your project - how you did it, how long it took (do not overestimate your time), why you chose to present it in a certain way, what you liked most/least about the project, what you learned from it, etc. Make sure you spend time considering your answers to these questions before the interview. Do not go unprepared! The interviewers want to see you succeed, but this company was built by hard working, intelligent people, and they need to know that you will bring your A-game! Working for them will teach you a lot about yourself and your working career in general. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict at work, and how you worked to resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are interviewing for an entry-level position, don't expect to negotiate your salary that much. The benefits and other perks are great, and make up for the (somewhat) low salary. Remember that this is an entry-level position, and your salary can only increase from here.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telogical Systems in October 2013.

Interview

Online application, heard nothing for 3-4 weeks then had a call out of the blue from a recruiter. Had 1 hr phone interview was then told I'd be meeting a senior manager within the next 10 days. No follow up, no return phonecalls or replies to emails. Shoddy amateur service. Tip- tell people its a no go or you have no news, they'll respect you more for it versus ignorance. Saw the job was filled when someone changed their status on LinkedIn.

Business Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telogical Systems (Summerville, SC) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied through my college's career website, got an email a week or so later asking me if I was still interested. I then got a quick pre-interview on the phone. After that a more formal phone interview was set up with another person. I was then asked to do a project with Excel. I finished it, emailed it and a panel interview was set up with the two previous employees I had talked to. After the interview I got a call saying I was offered the position about a week later and I accepted.

Residential Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Telogical Systems (Charleston, SC) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online and immediately received a response with a link to an online skills/intelligence test. Took that and followed up with the sender of the email the next day to see how my scores were. After sending my follow up, I received a call from the director of the dept. for a very informal phone interview that was pretty much based on seeing whether or not Id be interested in doing a project that would be similar to the work associate with the position. I said I was interested and was told to expect an email shortly with the details and to plan on spending ~4hrs on it. The project was simple in concept but a little time consuming, I was to compare ATT and Comcast internet in Atlanta and submit a presentation using any medium to outline what they offered and the advantages held by each carrier. I chose to use Power Pt. and spent about 4.5hrs researching and putting together the slides. I submitted it around 4pm on a Friday and was called almost immediately by the director asking if I could come in for an interview the following week. The interview was my first group interview and consisted of the director, a team leader and a research analyst and was not nearly as intimidating as a previous poster made it out to be. They essentially took turns asking me about my education, background and applicable skills and at the end I was permitted to ask questions. Very professional and very thorough. I followed up about a week later and was told they were still considering their options but they would let me know soon. The next morning I received a call from the director offering me the position.

Entry Level Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Telogical Systems (Charleston, SC) in September 2010.

Interview

After submitting my resume and completing a short comprehension test online, they called and asked I complete a "practice project." I completed the project, they called and said they liked it. I went in for an interview. I completed another comprehension test and an excel test. The actual interview consisted of about five people. I've personally never experienced a group interview, so it was intense from my perspective. Each person asked about different portions: my job background, my school background, the project, and so on. They asked a few pretty scary questions that I've read about online and dreaded the day- "Tell me about a time you've had a conflict with a professor or manager." "Tell me about a time you've had a conflict with a co-worker." I haven't had any real issues with people on the professional level, but it was still a scary question. I felt I had little experience if I said I had no issues, but then I also work hard to get along with co-workers...ugh! Overall, I hated the interview, mostly because I suddenly felt very unprepared. Yet, it was a great experience to get my first group interview out of the way. Telogical also seems like a pretty awesome company from the outside. Clean, organized, up front, through interview, etc-- I loved that about them. Although, I didn't get offered the job, I'll keep watching for openings with them later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had a conflict with a professor/manager/co-worker.   2 Answers
    • How can you apply your education and experience to the work you might do at Telogical?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Telogical Systems (Charleston, SC) in February 2008.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair. I was called back and asked to take an intelligence test. After the test there was a one-on-one interview with the Research Manager. The one-on-one went well and I was asked to come back a couple days later to meet with more people. At my second meeting I met with the Co-Founder, Research Manger and a Project Manager in person, and the Chief Technological Officer via a video chat.I met with all four at the same time. Trying to talk with the three people in the room as well as including the person on the video chat was a little difficult and seemed silly. They asked why I was interested in the position and told me more about the company. I received an email a few days later saying that they had a great deal of interest in the position and that they could not offer me the position

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telogical Systems.

Interview

I applied for the Client Services Assistant position which is an entry-level role in the company. I received a reply within a week saying that they would be conducting interviews soon and they would contact me then. They called later to set up a single interview for a few weeks later. It was very thorough and asked most of the typical questions that you might find in a 'top 20' interview questions list, along with several more detailed questions - some of them difficult and thought-provoking. Make sure you are well prepared! I was informed of their decision within a few days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• List and describe your most important individual and group accomplishments.   Answer Question