Telogis

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Telogis in April 2014.

Interview Details – Manage day to day tasks overseeing accounts and interacting with customers resolving issues.

Business Development Manager Interview

Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Telogis in November 2013.

Interview Details – Many, many interviews, including with founders, the CEO, and the entire leadership team. This takes a while - but the process ensures that there's a good fit for both the company and the prospective employee. Good, thoughtful questions for the most part that explore your thought process (and yes, the applicability of your experience), but a lot of it is about the cultural fit, which is so important. Not for the impatient, but pays off with the quality of people on the team.

Interview Question – Hard to say... there were so many questions. But they were all germane and relevant.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiation. Offer was acceptable but not thrilling. Frankly, my enthusiasm about this company (of which I'd never heard when the recruiter called me) prompted my acceptance more than the compensation. The benefits, though, are tremendous.

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Telogis in November 2012.

Interview Details – many interviews with recruiters and then with Executive management

Negotiation Details – minimal

Software Development Interview

Software Development

Interviewed at Telogis

Interview Details – Met recruiter at campus career fair, talked to recruiter, got an interview the next day, did two programming problems and also got asked general questions.

Interview Question – Pretty Trivial   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Telogis in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Telephone screening - this include some basic algorithm and hash table question
2) Onsite- This involved written test (fizz buzz, linked list creation, reversal, insert into a table, move to a different table, drop table.etc) and some math questions (trigonometry, matrix multiplication, distance between 2 coordinates) etc. Interview was simple.
3) Final deciding factor is to write a program in any language you are comfortable
Students are tested for their math skills. this test asks 30 questions
math test is for testing multiplication ability for table up to 12*12
math test should be random
test should avoid 1,2,10 tables
math test cannot have consecutive answers
the reciprocals cannot be repeated x*y and y*x cannot be asked
test should have a timer of 5 secs
user need not press enter or click any button to go to the next question.
user fails the test , user is asked to restart.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected. The math test program should be well thought out. have a design in place. they are looking for the thought process and how you will go about implementing. Make sure your design is soild and please do not hardcore any number/constants inside the code.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Telogis in July 2013.

Interview Details – Telogis contacted me a week after applying for a Solutions Consultant position. Initial contact from the recruiter was via email to setup a phone interview. The next day phone interview with the recruiter went great. Had a great call, answered and asked general introduction questions such as "tell me about yourself", company culture etc.... At the end the recruiter asked me when I could interview with the hiring manager. We setup that interview on our call for the next day. The next day I had my interview call with the hiring manager. The call did not go well. I could tell the hiring manager was done with the interview in the first 10 minutes. It was like he wasn't interested at all, leaving me to wonder why I was even being interviewed by the hiring manager. Its my belief that Telogis already picked their candidate and used me to fulfill their interview quotas. I was really excited about the job and the company, and this interview left me with a bad impression of that manager.

Interview Question – The Telogis hiring manager didn't ask me any difficult or unexpected questions. Did the "tell me about yourself" question, and a few other general questions and that was it. I ended up asking more questions than the hiring manager   Answer Question

Regional Sales Interview

Regional Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Telogis.

Interview Details – Joke. Different people that just started. No process. Hard to move forward. Nightmare.

Interview Question – What do you read.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. They r desperate.

Marketing - Director Level Interview

Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Telogis in April 2013.

Interview Details – This was one of the oddest interview/job offer/negotiation experiences I have ever been through in my decade-plus professional career. I was initially approached by recruiters regarding a senior-level role with Telogis within their marketing department. After the extensive screening call, I was told that my resume would be passed along to their VP of Marketing as I was well qualified for the opportunity. After one week, I was told Telogis would like to interview me in person.

To summarize the interview process, it was a two-month odyssey with interviews with the direct manager, a peer, and almost the entire senior leadership team including the CEO. There was difficulty in coordinating schedules and interview times, and with numerous last minute changes to who I was interviewing with, and when they would actually happen. My initial in-office interviews were with three principles - the VP of Marketing, Director of Communications and a senior executive based out of country. After doing well in that first round, the VP of Marketing wanted me to interview with three more of their senior leaders. After completing that round, they wanted to bring me in again to meet with their CEO. That changed last minute when the CEO's calendar couldn't accommodate me, and I was instead interviewed by the VP of Marketing again, along with their SVP of Sales. Instead of ending there, they asked again to have me come in to meet CEO. During that final round, they added an interview with their Director of HR, squeezed in an interview with their COO, and finally sat down to interview with their CEO.

My interviews started in late March, and ended in May. In all, I interviewed with the hiring VP, one of the company's founders, and 5 other senior leadership members. It was an exhausting process, with long delays between interviews, and constant changes to the interview changes. That wasn't the worst of it.

I was given quite favorable feedback by all interviewers, and the recommendation was made to make me an offer. When the director of HR called me for the offer, it was during that conversation where I was offered a manager role, rather than the director level position I was initially told. At that point, I stopped to conversation and asked to speak with the VP of Marketing to clear up the confusion. During the call with the VP, I was told a number of reasons why she changed the job description, title AND the salary range. None of which was told to me during the interview process. After a long discussion, a new offer was to be sent with a revised title and salary offer. Unfortunately, that offer was still lacking, and I informed both my recruiters and the hiring manager of that. After a two week break, I was called by the VP of marketing, and told that she was still interested in bringing me in. We talked through my lingering concerns, and hers, and we came to an agreement, and I was lead to believe a new offer was forthcoming. We even agreed to a start date in mid-June.

After this phone call, a month goes by without any word from Telogis, the VP of marketing or their HR team. I emailed the VP of marketing 2 weeks after the last phone call with no response. The recruiters who I was working with received no communications after numerous attempts. Final word came in over a month later that the VP of Marketing re-opened interviews and only after they found new suitable candidates, the VP of Marketing called my recruiters to inform me she decided to pull the offer, and move forward with other candidates.

All in all - quite a negative experience with Telogis.

Interview Question – Explain your process in developing a lead nuture program, the optimization process, and the associated reporting.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company offered a position and salary out of scope from original expectations. I interviewed with the understanding the role was director level with commensurate salary range, only to be offered a manager level role. I was informed by HR and the hiring VP only after interviews, and during the offer call.

Software Development Interview

Software Development
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telogis in August 2012.

Interview Details – There was a basic 5 or so question phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes, with question such as what are virtual methods and how to handle hash collision.
Afterwards, they invited me to their office for a short chat and hour long written examination. The exam covered basic algorithms, data structures, sql, and some linear algebra.

Interview Question – The question involved finding an efficient method of pathfinding between two addresses given street and intersection data.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was a bit low, but since I had another offer in my pocket I was able to safely negotiate a higher rate. It was about a 15% raise, so it just two days or so to clear it with the program manager.

Developer - Intern Interview

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Telogis in February 2012.

Interview Details – 4 people being interviewed together. We were all given a test - consisted of coding question and math questions. Could choose whether to take the developer test, QA test, or both.
After the hour was up, the answers were taken up and gone over by a group of people in the next room. They then came back, asked one of us to stay while the others were free to go.

Interview Question – SQL questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Telogis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telogis interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Telogis employees and interview candidates.