Telogis

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.6

Tech Support 1LS Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telogis.

Interview was a breeze, it seems like they relied more on feedback form my Staffing agency than they did myself during the interview.

My suggestion is to try and get a referral from someone who is a full-timer. This way you'll make full salary from the jump.

Otherwise, you'll be waiting line like myself for a permanent spot to open up.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Telogis in November 2014.

Was contacted by an external recruiter for the position. First interview was conducted via HireVue, an online set of ten question that you had to respond to via a video session recording. Not a bad way to establish a baseline and not as intimidating as it sounds. Second interview was with the hiring manager/director via telephone. Time was scheduled, but the manager did not show up for interview. Rescheduled with the recruiter and conducted the interview. Manager apologized multiple time for missing the first interview. It was good, casual give and take conversation, not a lot of interview "gotcha" type questions. Felt very positive as the manager discussed next steps and indicated that the final interviews would be conducted at their offices in CA.
    The next interview, also via phone, was scheduled within the week with the VP. Once again the interviewer was a no call/no show. It took over a week to reschedule. The VP called me while he was driving, did not apologize or mention having missed the previous interview and did not have any of my information in front of me. He asked me to provide him with my background. We talked for only about 20 minutes. Very noisy environment, I believe at one time he stopped at a gas station tor somewhere similar. I am a seasoned pre-sales engineering manager and engineer and have an advanced degree and would never dream of conducting selection in this unprofessional manner. I felt more like he was checking a box. Very disappointing!
    A few days after the interview I inquired with the recruiter and hiring manager about next steps. The manager informed me that they were pursuing other candidates for the position. When I asked about specific areas where I was lacking, I was told that I was lacking enthusiasm in my voice, and was focused more hardware (something we barely touched on) and struggled describing benefits of previous solutions I sold. In the short interview, there wasn't sufficient time to even get that deep into my prior experiences.
    I was very interested in this company as I believe they have some great solutions and a track record of building on their strengths. Through research I learned that the VP has been in position for less than a year. Maybe that would explain his behavior, but it certainly makes you wonder about the culture and direction of their leadership.
    Caveat emptor!

Interview Questions
    • None, pretty straight forward and not an overly structured process.   Answer Question

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Telogis in November 2014.

First step in the process was to interview with the recruiter about a half-hour. Then a goofy automated video interview which was another half-hour. An interview with the hiring manager which went extremely well excellent feedback, good buy in signals; which lasted one hour. Then I was scheduled for two one-hour interviews with executives managers both were no-shows. The recruiter apologetically got back to me and then I was requested to give a presentation of any subject of my choice, which seemed odd. The presentation I picked was related to one of the solutions verticals that they offered. Again no guidance was given on the subject of the presentation. I gave the presentation to the hiring manager who had little comment. About two weeks later recruiter contacts me and tells me they didn't like the subject of my presentation, even though it was related directly to one of the solutions that they offered. The manager's response was schizoid best and very confused. Just not focused on what they're looking for or how to find.

Interview Questions
    • A clairvoyant process trying to determine what their best subject is to provide a presentation interview for. Lack of clarity and focus on how to recruit the candidate they are looking for!   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telogis.

initially called by HR rep to participate via phone. Interview went well and I was invited meet in person at the Orange County facility. Arrived at the Aliso Viejo facility and interviewed with two managers for over 90 minutes. I was then told that I would be notified either way if I was selected for job. I received no emails or calls to date and it has been over two months.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telogis.

The process was simple and fast. I found a job opening that I am qualified for and applied online. The HR emailed me the next day to schedule a screening phone interview. After the screening interview she then asked me to come in and speak to the immediate supervisor of the division of which I am applying for. After that went well I was called to go back to speak to the Project Manager as well as their Division Head.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly about your character as they are trying to weed out those who will not be able to adapt. The last interview was a little challenging as they basically tested your skills.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Telogis in September 2014.

My first interview was with a hiring manager, typical interview questions re: strengths and weaknesses.

Second interviewer told me they didn't look at my resume before the call and took my interview while they were driving in their car.

Finally, I was scheduled to interview with a number of additional department heads. Of the 5 people I was scheduled to meet with, 2 of them were no-shows.

Again, the remaining interviewers told me they did not review my resume beforehand. Through the course of our meeting, they spent time on their mobile phones which I felt reflected poorly on the organization as a whole.

I don't understand why an interviewer wouldn't bother to take the time to read a candidate's resume prior to meeting with them. I feel this is unfair to both the hiring company as well as the potential candidate.

As a result, I decided to go with another offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical generic interview questions you can find in any book.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Telogis in July 2014.

Was contacted earlier in the week by Lisa regarding a Sales Operations Manager position in Aliso Viejo. Prior posts show this role has been difficult for the company and prior Manager resigned under 90 days. As requested I gave a (3minute) quick brief overview of my current Sales Operations Management experience with my current company in the same industry. I focused on the core responsibilities I have that directly relate to increasing growth, profitability and new accounts. My direct involvement working with Sales, Regionals and Executive teams. Managing processes, developing key performers, financial responsibility and project management. Organizing and controlling the fundamental business activities of goods and services to customers.

I was advised my experience wouldn't be a good fit because it appears to be sales driven. The Sales Operations position open would spent 90% of their time analyzing data. She shared the role is primarily driving analytics and managing of the data in Sales Force.

If you are looking for a traditional Operations Manager role or desire to drive sales functions and activities to increase performance and profitability this is NOT the right fit. However if you are looking to analyze data and are not sales driven which is why I agreed the role was not mutual fitting I would apply.

I could tell the Recruiter likely joined the organization under 90 days.

Interview Questions
    • None, after answering the first question describe your Sales Operations experience, sales experience clearly wasn't a fit.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telogis.

Had 2 phone interviews, one interview via laptop. Then they flew me out to meet the VP. He asked me the identical questions he did over the phone. He spent most of the time glancing at his iPhone. That's when I decided that I was going to pass even if they offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. No good questions either.   View Answer

Sales Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telogis in May 2014.

Three phone interviews & two onsite interviews. Only after following up with the recruiter did I know where I was in the process. Lastly I was asked to provide references & after doing so a week or longer had passed when I emailed the recruiter only to be told they pursued another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all pertained to my experience and the requirements or the role I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Telogis in May 2014.

Quite lengthy... first a phone call with HR, then a written test, then a screening test having mostly to do with hashing techniques and tree updates. Then it was finally a phone call with the group manager, which did not go over so well. He seemed a bit too young to relate to me, but maybe I'm just old. :)

Interview Questions
    • What does OOP have to do with the speed of insertion?   View Answer