Telsey Advisory Group

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Telsey Advisory Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – Met

Interview Question – All questions were related to my ability to bring in revenue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Several meetings, with everyone asking the same things. Not a well organized process.

Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Telsey Advisory Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – These guys are bush league. Dana Telsey has a solid reputation, but that was from centuries ago, and the firm that she built is populated by some dubious characters. They seem to have an inflated sense of their importance as evidenced by the direction they're taking the firm in--I don't know anyone who is bullish on their prospects. Nevertheless, I went in because Dana's brand had such a halo effect and I was met with a crew of people who were pleasant but a little clueless. First of all, everyone gave me a different story of what they were looking for and what the firm was trying to achieve; everything about the place, even the way they scheduled my time, seemed disorganized. I was trying to gauge their expertise with a few questions, which they fielded as if I were the idiot. One analyst didn't really seem to know his sector at all--he sounded like he was reciting the 10-K and used big words, but seemed unable to apply any critical thinking, which doesn't speak very highly of the kind of research they publish. Compensation is not competitive, or maybe that was just the role I was interviewing for. I tend to be low-key and go for the soft-sell in interviews, which usually serves me well, but not here--if you want the job, I'd advise that you be prepared to push your agenda hard. Take a hard stance on your opinions. They're not looking for accuracy as much as image.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Telsey Advisory Group in April 2008.

Interview Details – It was a simple interview that basically went through my resume and asked about what I was doing at school. There were no finance related questions, but they did ask me to do a channel check and do a small write-up. The people were friendly, knowledgeable, and interesting to speak with.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Telsey Advisory Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telsey Advisory Group interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Telsey Advisory Group employees and interview candidates.