Telstra

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Telstra.

Brief initial phone interview, followed by a "group" day where you performed standard tests (spatial / numerical / verbal reasoning, personality) followed by a group based exercise. I was unfortunate enough to be placed in a group with a few bad listeners / A-type personalities who only wanted to push their own agendas and not allow anyone a chance to explain their thoughts or logic behind their proposals. After trying unsuccessfully to mediate the A-types and get them to stop cutting each other off, I stayed quiet for the remainder of the session, defeated.

Interview Questions
  • Presented with a business case to solve in a large group. Immensely difficult if you get uncooperative individuals in your group.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Telstra

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra in May 2014.

2:1 interview at Telstra's Sydney Pitt Street office. The interview was fairly straightforward, mostly behavioural questions - but the interviewers did ask a few questions about me and why I wanted to work for Telstra etc. I found that the interviewers were either playing dumb about my past experience, or didn't even read my resume because they were quite surprised when I told them about my previous work experience/experience with Telstra. Overall it was a good interview and the interviewers were very nice, as I was quite nervous when I was answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a bit about yourself., Have you applied for other companies?, Where do you see yourself in five years?, Tell us about a time where you faced a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Online Assessment-Phone interview-AC- final Interview

Graduate Interview

Very friendly and approachable hiring staff. The recruiting process was smooth and responded quickly to all my queries.

Interview Questions
    • (continuing from a previous question) If you had to repeat what you did, how would you go about doing it this time?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telstra.

Audio Interview with 4 questions
    Phone Interview with a HR representative
    AC that consists of a group activity and interview
    Final Interview with business unit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra in June 2011.

Began with Online Application in early April. Completed an online psychometric test in late April.Then in early May, was called up for a brief 20 minute phone interview. The HR representative had an excellent phone manner, very professional and pleasant to talk to.
     A week later, I attended a group assessment centre in Melbourne, where I was asked to participate in activities including a brief 1:1 interview and group problem solving tasks. The session was very well organised and interesting to participate in. The facilitators had an excellent energy, were very willing to answer questions and appeared to enjoy doing their jobs.
     Two weeks later, I attended a final panel interview with 2 managers and a HR representative. It ran for about an hour and was quite rigorous. The type of questions will depend on what business unit you are interviewing for and what experience or field of study you have. The interviewers were pleasant and welcoming, they also appeared genuinely interested to listen to what I was saying, and responded to my questions with frank and detailed answers that actually answered my question (so please feel free to ask your interviewers questions).
     An hour after the interview, I was called to confirm my referees. The next morning, a HR rep called one of my referees to conduct the reference checks.
     The following day, I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • What aspects of your field of study did you enjoy the most? Please elaborate on the reasons why.   Answer Question
    • Please describe a situation when a hurdle got in the way of achieving an ambitious goal. How did you use your initiative to tackle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra in June 2011.

There was an online test which consisted of around 100 questions which you had to complete around 10-15 mins. It consisted of many mathematical, logical and analytical questions. After that I had to wait for 15-20 days before they told me that I had been selected for a telephone interview. Telephone interview was arranged in a couple of days and it was straightforward and some questions were repeated from the questions which I had already filled online(while submitting the resume). There was another 15-20 day wait before they told me that I was selected for the assessment centre. The A.C. had three parts. 1:1 interview(with a manager), presentation and group discussion. After this round I waited for 2-3 days before I got to know that I was selected for the final interview. The final interview was a panel interview which had all the usual behavioural questions and I got the offer within a week. The most important part is that they kept in contact with me telling me of any delays during the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Telstra in November 2009.

Initially I submitted my resume online. I was then contacted by HR and asked to rate myself over the phone on my belived skills - i gave myself an OK result. Apparently i was sucsessful with this process and was then asked to come into a group session which lasted about 3.5 hours, and consisted of 3 group based presentations.

Once the assesment was completed we were informed if we were sucsessful or not. I was sucsessful and made it to the final round of interviews, which this time consisted of myself, a general manager and a recent graduate. The interview was short in terms of questions (only 3 which took .5 an hour to get through) however i did speak to the general manager and graduate for about another 3 hours, just to get an understanding of what would be occuring within my role if i recived the job.

I then made it through the interview process and was offered a job, which i tool.

Interview Questions
    • given a new technology, how would you go about learning it as quickly as possible in order to provide maximun value for money towards the business   View Answers (2)
    As this is a graduate role you are unable to negotiate any details of your award / package / agreement, etc.

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Telstra in September 2008.

As you would expect.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you for the spot? What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question