Telstra

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Personas Based interview with process and cross functional team experience

Interview Questions
    very cool and the HR's helped to chose the right structure

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Telstra.

Brief initial phone interview, followed by a "group" day where you performed standard tests (spatial / numerical / verbal reasoning, personality) followed by a group based exercise. I was unfortunate enough to be placed in a group with a few bad listeners / A-type personalities who only wanted to push their own agendas and not allow anyone a chance to explain their thoughts or logic behind their proposals. After trying unsuccessfully to mediate the A-types and get them to stop cutting each other off, I stayed quiet for the remainder of the session, defeated.

Interview Questions
    • Presented with a business case to solve in a large group. Immensely difficult if you get uncooperative individuals in your group.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Telstra.

Phone Interview asking general questions about my current role, why I want to leave and why are you interested in the role, followed by a interview 1:1 asking behavioral questions ,explaining your resume in detail along with any additional details that is relevant to the role , case study followed by interview with the heads. The interviewers were very friendly, patient and will probe you for details if they feel you weren't detailed enough.

Interview Questions
    • The case study requires good preparation about the company, their networks and affiliate pages.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telstra in September 2014.

Applied via Telstra career website. Received contact from Telstra HR after 3 weeks for Initial phone screening. Did an Online test one day later and proceeded to Second phone interview (behavioral). Telstra HR was very professional and friendly which eased a lot of my nerve. Received an invitation for a Face-to-face interview (behavioral and technical). It's crucial to practice behavioral questions based on your own experience and stories. The technical questions covered a rather wide span of areas so it's best to do revision as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you anticipated a client's need?   View Answer
    Do research on current market pay for similar roles. Cal also ask HR what their budget is for the role as well and discuss from there.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telstra.

I was recruited through Telstra Graduate Program. I went through 2 rounds of interviews with different engineering team managers. They only asked very general technical questions such as what port numbers do you know, and some behavior questions such as what if you are working with someone who you do not like to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior questions to test your personality and attitudes. How will you deal with other people who are giving you a hard time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra in May 2014.

2:1 interview at Telstra's Sydney Pitt Street office. The interview was fairly straightforward, mostly behavioural questions - but the interviewers did ask a few questions about me and why I wanted to work for Telstra etc. I found that the interviewers were either playing dumb about my past experience, or didn't even read my resume because they were quite surprised when I told them about my previous work experience/experience with Telstra. Overall it was a good interview and the interviewers were very nice, as I was quite nervous when I was answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a bit about yourself., Have you applied for other companies?, Where do you see yourself in five years?, Tell us about a time where you faced a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Telstra.

Submit online application, have to do online logic testing, and then a short 15 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation of leadership - having been just in uni and no work experience, I struggled to find an answer.   Answer Question

Online Assessment-Phone interview-AC- final Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Initial telephone screening followed by behavioural interview with hiring manager followed by meeting with General Manager

Interview Questions
    • Open ended question about 'what do you think about how well a certain practice is implemented at the organization (Eg Agile)?'   Answer Question

Senior Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobart (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobart (Australia)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telstra in April 2014.

I was contacted by linkedin by internal recruitment at telstra, went through to face to face which was panel and video conferencing based, It was a clumsy experience, was difficult to address all parties given the way the room was setup, Questions where from the Telstra recruitment handbook and where often out of context.

Interview Questions
    • How do you assist your colleagues... a very ambiguous question.....   View Answer

Not enough $$$$$$