Telstra Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014
46 interviews

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Personas Based interview with process and cross functional team experience

Interview Questions
    very cool and the HR's helped to chose the right structure

Senior Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hobart (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Hobart (Australia)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telstra in April 2014.

I was contacted by linkedin by internal recruitment at telstra, went through to face to face which was panel and video conferencing based, It was a clumsy experience, was difficult to address all parties given the way the room was setup, Questions where from the Telstra recruitment handbook and where often out of context.

Interview Questions
    • How do you assist your colleagues... a very ambiguous question.....   View Answer

Not enough $$$$$$

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Telstra in May 2014.

2:1 interview at Telstra's Sydney Pitt Street office. The interview was fairly straightforward, mostly behavioural questions - but the interviewers did ask a few questions about me and why I wanted to work for Telstra etc. I found that the interviewers were either playing dumb about my past experience, or didn't even read my resume because they were quite surprised when I told them about my previous work experience/experience with Telstra. Overall it was a good interview and the interviewers were very nice, as I was quite nervous when I was answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a bit about yourself., Have you applied for other companies?, Where do you see yourself in five years?, Tell us about a time where you faced a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Telstra in January 2012.

This was a contract position, and after a few brief interviews was employed. Usually there is a phone interview, a 1:1 interview, then a panel interview. Though I am guessing that this changes from position to position. I understand that the graduate positions are more difficult and stress-worthy.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were centred around the job position. Although did feel as though I was put under the microscope for an entry-level position that was only meant to be for the short-term - so rigid is Telstra though it has good security.   View Answer
    Did not have the opportunity to negotiate.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telstra.

I was recruited through Telstra Graduate Program. I went through 2 rounds of interviews with different engineering team managers. They only asked very general technical questions such as what port numbers do you know, and some behavior questions such as what if you are working with someone who you do not like to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior questions to test your personality and attitudes. How will you deal with other people who are giving you a hard time?   Answer Question

Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Telstra in June 2013.

The process was as follows

1) Application online
    2) Onetest test
    3) Phone interview with behavioural questions
    4) Assessment centre with team activity, individual presentation and behavioural interview
    5) Final interview with manager

Very friendly and easy going process, Telstra are great with giving good and prompt feedback. There is some lag between stages, for example it took 2 weeks to receive an invitation for the final interview after the assessment center.

Software Develloper Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Telstra in March 2014.

Initial application via Telstra website. I applied for several at the same time but only one proceeded to interview. That was for a job which was principally Java (I hold some Java certifications and I've led several successful Java projects but not used any Java for several years). First up was a screening test and I decided to catch up on the changes made through to Java 8. I'm pretty sure I could've passed the certification exam then but the actual test was a disaster - they were testing my knowledge of APIs of stuff I'd not seen in years. Most programmers just look this up so its a dumb memory test. I've never failed any technical exam of any kind before so was a bit gutted.

Interview Questions
    • Recall the details of the X API - for values of X that included JDBC, sockets and Swing. These aren't difficult questions but, as I was rusty, they weren't things I'd bothered to refresh as I was concentrating on the core language.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Telstra.

Submit online application, have to do online logic testing, and then a short 15 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation of leadership - having been just in uni and no work experience, I struggled to find an answer.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Initial telephone screening followed by behavioural interview with hiring manager followed by meeting with General Manager

Interview Questions
    • Open ended question about 'what do you think about how well a certain practice is implemented at the organization (Eg Agile)?'   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Online Assessment-Phone interview-AC- final Interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Telstra? Contribute to the Community!