Telstra

Updated Oct 28, 2014

3.1

Software Develloper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Telstra in March 2014.

Initial application via Telstra website. I applied for several at the same time but only one proceeded to interview. That was for a job which was principally Java (I hold some Java certifications and I've led several successful Java projects but not used any Java for several years). First up was a screening test and I decided to catch up on the changes made through to Java 8. I'm pretty sure I could've passed the certification exam then but the actual test was a disaster - they were testing my knowledge of APIs of stuff I'd not seen in years. Most programmers just look this up so its a dumb memory test. I've never failed any technical exam of any kind before so was a bit gutted.

Interview Questions
    • Recall the details of the X API - for values of X that included JDBC, sockets and Swing. These aren't difficult questions but, as I was rusty, they weren't things I'd bothered to refresh as I was concentrating on the core language.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra in February 2014.

A long interview process which started with a phone screening with HR early December which went well but no further contact until a week before Christmas when HR advised there would be a face to face interview in the new year.

No further contact until late Jan and asked to attend a informal interview with the department head, that interview went well but again no further contact for a couple of weeks.

Contacted (again out of the blue) and asked to attend a formal interview with the department head. (Which was then rescheduled by them twice.)

Interview went well and told I was on the short list of 3 final candidates.

Contacted a 10 days later (again out of the blue) and told they wanted to progress to an offer. However, had accepted an offer elsewhere and to be honest was really just over talking to them by that point.

Interview Questions
    • None, A standard behavioral interview, the questions are on a pre-prepared form supplied to the department head by HR and probably came out of a recruitment book someplace. However, the department head was out of his depth and uncomfortable running a formal interview so I had to spoon feed him most of the answers.   Answer Question

Customer First Champion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Telstra.

Applied for a role on the Telstra careers website. Called a few days later from a guy in HR in Adelaide. Scheduled a telephone interview, if successful you'll be asked to complete an online assesment. Then comes the group assessment with about 10 others. Consists of group assesment, 1 on 1 interview with managers then the role play at the end

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra.

Application process starts with filling out questions online. Then a phone interview which asks behavioural questions e.g. tell us about a time when _______. Then the online testing stage.Then a face to face interview with someone in management asking behavioural questions again, background check. Then offers and contract signing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us the subjects that you did best/worst in and why?   Answer Question

Casual Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Launceston (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Launceston (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Telstra.

Applied for an expression of interest position on the website, was contacted a few days later via email saying I was successful in my application and was to log on to select a phone interview time. Phone interview was mainly basic with some situational questions asking to reflect on past jobs as an example.

After the phone interview, I was asked to go to an interview in store. Interview started 30 minutes late. First part of the interview was basic (availability, hobbies etc). Second part was situation question again asking to reflect on previous work experiences, lastly there were 2 role plays where I had to serve 2 customers (one happy, one unhappy).

Interview Questions
    • The role play. Given 10 minutes to read about Telstra and their phone/internet plans and then are asked to role play 2 scenarios referring to the notes as little as possible.   View Answer

Graduate Interview

Very friendly and approachable hiring staff. The recruiting process was smooth and responded quickly to all my queries.

Interview Questions
    • (continuing from a previous question) If you had to repeat what you did, how would you go about doing it this time?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Telstra in June 2013.

what are accounting and finance about?
    How do you do the accounting statements?

Interview Questions
    • According to your resume, you don't have any experience in the field of accounting. Can you give me a reasonable explanation?   View Answer

Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra in June 2013.

The process was as follows

1) Application online
    2) Onetest test
    3) Phone interview with behavioural questions
    4) Assessment centre with team activity, individual presentation and behavioural interview
    5) Final interview with manager

Very friendly and easy going process, Telstra are great with giving good and prompt feedback. There is some lag between stages, for example it took 2 weeks to receive an invitation for the final interview after the assessment center.

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telstra.

Audio Interview with 4 questions
    Phone Interview with a HR representative
    AC that consists of a group activity and interview
    Final Interview with business unit

Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra.

Process started through online questionnaire which then progressed to a phone screening. After the phone screening is an online aptitude test lasting 20min or so. The next stage involves a group assessment centre where a group activity is given for you to solve and also a presentation about the activity with a mini 1 on 1 interview with a hr person. A final interview is given with hiring managers more specific to the role with majority of questions being behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • When has a project failed and what did you do about it?   Answer Question