Telstra Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Submit online application, have to do online logic testing, and then a short 15 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation of leadership - having been just in uni and no work experience, I struggled to find an answer.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Interview

Online Assessment-Phone interview-AC- final Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Interview

Initial telephone screening followed by behavioural interview with hiring manager followed by meeting with General Manager

Interview Questions

• Open ended question about 'what do you think about how well a certain practice is implemented at the organization (Eg Agile)?'   Answer Question

Senior Technology Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telstra (Hobart (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by linkedin by internal recruitment at telstra, went through to face to face which was panel and video conferencing based, It was a clumsy experience, was difficult to address all parties given the way the room was setup, Questions where from the Telstra recruitment handbook and where often out of context.

Interview Questions

• How do you assist your colleagues... a very ambiguous question.....   1 Answer

Not enough $$$$$$

Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was many steps long, first with a psychometric test, then phone interview and then the assessment center. The assessment center was very artificial and people were not behaving normally. It was like a drama.

Software Develloper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Telstra (Brisbane (Australia)) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial application via Telstra website. I applied for several at the same time but only one proceeded to interview. That was for a job which was principally Java (I hold some Java certifications and I've led several successful Java projects but not used any Java for several years). First up was a screening test and I decided to catch up on the changes made through to Java 8. I'm pretty sure I could've passed the certification exam then but the actual test was a disaster - they were testing my knowledge of APIs of stuff I'd not seen in years. Most programmers just look this up so its a dumb memory test. I've never failed any technical exam of any kind before so was a bit gutted.

Interview Questions

• Recall the details of the X API - for values of X that included JDBC, sockets and Swing. These aren't difficult questions but, as I was rusty, they weren't things I'd bothered to refresh as I was concentrating on the core language.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2014.

Interview

A long interview process which started with a phone screening with HR early December which went well but no further contact until a week before Christmas when HR advised there would be a face to face interview in the new year.

No further contact until late Jan and asked to attend a informal interview with the department head, that interview went well but again no further contact for a couple of weeks.

Contacted (again out of the blue) and asked to attend a formal interview with the department head. (Which was then rescheduled by them twice.)

Interview went well and told I was on the short list of 3 final candidates.

Contacted a 10 days later (again out of the blue) and told they wanted to progress to an offer. However, had accepted an offer elsewhere and to be honest was really just over talking to them by that point.

Interview Questions

• None, A standard behavioral interview, the questions are on a pre-prepared form supplied to the department head by HR and probably came out of a recruitment book someplace. However, the department head was out of his depth and uncomfortable running a formal interview so I had to spoon feed him most of the answers.   Answer Question

Customer First Champion Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Telstra (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

Applied for a role on the Telstra careers website. Called a few days later from a guy in HR in Adelaide. Scheduled a telephone interview, if successful you'll be asked to complete an online assesment. Then comes the group assessment with about 10 others. Consists of group assesment, 1 on 1 interview with managers then the role play at the end

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Application process starts with filling out questions online. Then a phone interview which asks behavioural questions e.g. tell us about a time when _______. Then the online testing stage.Then a face to face interview with someone in management asking behavioural questions again, background check. Then offers and contract signing.

Interview Questions

• Tell us the subjects that you did best/worst in and why?   Answer Question

Casual Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Telstra (Launceston (Australia)).

Interview

Applied for an expression of interest position on the website, was contacted a few days later via email saying I was successful in my application and was to log on to select a phone interview time. Phone interview was mainly basic with some situational questions asking to reflect on past jobs as an example.

After the phone interview, I was asked to go to an interview in store. Interview started 30 minutes late. First part of the interview was basic (availability, hobbies etc). Second part was situation question again asking to reflect on previous work experiences, lastly there were 2 role plays where I had to serve 2 customers (one happy, one unhappy).

Interview Questions

• The role play. Given 10 minutes to read about Telstra and their phone/internet plans and then are asked to role play 2 scenarios referring to the notes as little as possible.   1 Answer