Telstra Interview Questions in Melbourne, Australia

Updated Jun 22, 2015

3.2

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application-assessments-montage interview-AC-final interview.
    Process was slow and took more than a month to finalize, AC is supposed to test you on your 'teamwork' abilities. If someone is an 'A type' personality it's rude to interrupt but the onus is on you to fail if you don't 'contribute' over them talking.
    It's up to your group's assessor to determine if you progress, who knows what kind of biases this person has. Majority of people at AC were very artificial, they behave as if on a stage for the day you are there.
    Great way to assess potential Telstra!

Interview Questions

Not a good culture from the start as observed from AC. Company promotes toxic employees who are good at being fake.

Telstra Engineering Graduate 2016 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Online applications
    2. (Recorded) Video interview
    -Tell us about yourself
    -Telstra's future challenges
    -What does customer service mean?
    3. Assessment Centre
    -2 group activities: design a game, design a product. approximately 15 minutes each activity. had to pitch them (sales style).
    -short presentation
    4. final interview (I did not reach this stage, sadly)

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think the telecommunications industry will face in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Telstra Customer First Champion Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, after 2 days get montage phone interview, prepare a little bit, but still nervous when I answer the automatic recorded questions. Each question give you couple seconds to think about and most of them are behaviour questions. The last one I didn't answer good, any one can help?

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the exceptional customer service?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through Telstra Careers providing CV details and cover letter describing why i felt i was suitable for the role and how it provided me the next career steps for my career. The interview was almost non-existent as it was a phone interview to filter candidates.

Interview Questions

• Quick phone call to run through what was already on the CV and why i had applied for the role to see fit.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Brief initial phone interview, followed by a "group" day where you performed standard tests (spatial / numerical / verbal reasoning, personality) followed by a group based exercise. I was unfortunate enough to be placed in a group with a few bad listeners / A-type personalities who only wanted to push their own agendas and not allow anyone a chance to explain their thoughts or logic behind their proposals. After trying unsuccessfully to mediate the A-types and get them to stop cutting each other off, I stayed quiet for the remainder of the session, defeated.

Interview Questions

• Presented with a business case to solve in a large group. Immensely difficult if you get uncooperative individuals in your group.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was many steps long, first with a psychometric test, then phone interview and then the assessment center. The assessment center was very artificial and people were not behaving normally. It was like a drama.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2014.

Interview

A long interview process which started with a phone screening with HR early December which went well but no further contact until a week before Christmas when HR advised there would be a face to face interview in the new year.

No further contact until late Jan and asked to attend a informal interview with the department head, that interview went well but again no further contact for a couple of weeks.

Contacted (again out of the blue) and asked to attend a formal interview with the department head. (Which was then rescheduled by them twice.)

Interview went well and told I was on the short list of 3 final candidates.

Contacted a 10 days later (again out of the blue) and told they wanted to progress to an offer. However, had accepted an offer elsewhere and to be honest was really just over talking to them by that point.

Interview Questions

• None, A standard behavioral interview, the questions are on a pre-prepared form supplied to the department head by HR and probably came out of a recruitment book someplace. However, the department head was out of his depth and uncomfortable running a formal interview so I had to spoon feed him most of the answers.   Answer Question

Social Media Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial contact via email arranging phone interview

Phone interview approx. 20 minutes asking general questions about past history

On site interview in Melbourne CBD with two different HR managers, followed by introduction to Telstra's corporate culture. Followed by panel interview with behavioral questions and questions about previous challenges.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a previous conflict you resolved in one of your other roles.   1 Answer

Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2012.

Interview

Audio Screening > Psychometric Testing > Phone Interview > Assessment Centre > Final Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to market a product that wasn't initially a popular choice by consumers?   Answer Question

Senior IT Domain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2012.

Interview

It is a classic case of Telstra delegating the management of the hiring process to an incompetent recruitment agency called Talent International. Telstra does not care how the agent behaves as long as the agent is able to recommend a suitable candidate. In my case, the agent required me to pay for my own air fares to travel to Melbourne, then asked me to reschedule my travel at my own costs, then put me through psychometric tests, then - after 1.5 month - told me that they recommended someone local over me just because they presumed that I don't have any agile software development management experience, which was clearly a false claim. The agent actually told me that I passed the interviews and received very appreciative feedbacks and that I also performed well in all the psychometric and personality tests. I just listened to the agent and chose to let them have their way because I was already dreading the prospects of facing the difficulties of relocating to Melbourne without my family.

Interview Questions

• When you know that the business will suffer because your immediate manager is too afraid of his peer (potential political back clash) to back your business case justification on the Captital Review Board, what did you do?   1 Answer