Telvent Interview Questions

2.5

Project Manager Interview

The interview process is lengthy, but that means we hire great people. There are a couple - up to 3 phone interviews, then an onsite interview where you will be interviewed by at least 3 different groups of peers. Then there is a .5 hour presentation.

i didn't negotiate

1 onsite - 2 hours/2 groups

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telvent in April 2012.

Interview was very laid back, questions about my experience. Description of their company and the work that I will do if hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project you have worked on that was really interesting to you.   Answer Question

Vice President, Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Telvent in January 2012.

Connected to the company through a mutual contact on LinkedIn. That connection provided me with the hiring manager contact and I sent a resume. Had a screening interview with their HR person and a second phone interview with the hiring manager. The people were very professional. The company culture seems very entrepreneurial.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. Just delved into my history and experience.   View Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Telvent in January 2012.

A relax and friendly phone interview. Hiring manager out of town so, I am waiting for hime to come back to have our personal interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Telvent in November 2010.

Interview consisted of a phone screen and then a standard onsite with several individuals from the product team for GIS applications.

Be prepared to answer a question about how you would test the validity of a isosceles triangle using a command prompt that requires 3 paramaters (think negative numbers, invalid numbers, accurate numbers, non equal numbers, etc)

Overall the process seemed very disorganized and during Q&A it was clear most people didn't really like the company. I cut off conversations before a 2nd day of follow up questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would test a software application that took 3 paramaters (via command prompt) to establish the validity of an isosceles triangle   View Answer

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Telvent in January 2011.

You are selected by HR and a screening process is completed. If you make it through the screening, you get a personal interview. then its on you

Strategic & New Markets Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Telvent in November 2010.

Nothing inusual, first interview with HR then línea director

Dificult

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Telvent in February 2012.

Referred to by a friend who works here. After submitting resume and cover letter, I got a request for an interview within the week. Interview was fairly basic and nontechnical, no questions out of left field. The interviewer was the manager whose group needed filling and the team lead, I think this is generally the setup. Within 2 weeks, I was offered the job pending background check and references.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult situation? (All questions were fairly boilerplate)   Answer Question
    Was emailed a letter of acceptance. In my naivety never even considered negotiating salary.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Telvent in November 2011.

Process from start to finish took 6 weeks for a position local in my city. One interview which included a test. Relaxed feel to interview. I did not get the test answer right but still got the job.

Interview Questions
    I needed a job so I started at a few thousand less than I'd hoped but I am learning a lot and the people are generally v good.

Worked for Telvent? Contribute to the Community!