Telvent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2015

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is lengthy, but that means we hire great people. There are a couple - up to 3 phone interviews, then an onsite interview where you will be interviewed by at least 3 different groups of peers. Then there is a .5 hour presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

3 rounds
    1 programming project
    1 tech phone
    1 onsite - 2 hours/2 groups

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Telvent (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview was very laid back, questions about my experience. Description of their company and the work that I will do if hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on that was really interesting to you.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Telvent (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

A relax and friendly phone interview. Hiring manager out of town so, I am waiting for hime to come back to have our personal interview.

Vice President, Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Telvent (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

Connected to the company through a mutual contact on LinkedIn. That connection provided me with the hiring manager contact and I sent a resume. Had a screening interview with their HR person and a second phone interview with the hiring manager. The people were very professional. The company culture seems very entrepreneurial.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. Just delved into my history and experience.   1 Answer

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Telvent (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

You are selected by HR and a screening process is completed. If you make it through the screening, you get a personal interview. then its on you

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Telvent (Fort Collins, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone screen and then a standard onsite with several individuals from the product team for GIS applications.

Be prepared to answer a question about how you would test the validity of a isosceles triangle using a command prompt that requires 3 paramaters (think negative numbers, invalid numbers, accurate numbers, non equal numbers, etc)

Overall the process seemed very disorganized and during Q&A it was clear most people didn't really like the company. I cut off conversations before a 2nd day of follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would test a software application that took 3 paramaters (via command prompt) to establish the validity of an isosceles triangle   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Telvent in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process was slow, took a month from applying online to getting an offer. Starts off with a phone call from HR for initial filtering, asking why you apply and why you want this job. Pretty standard stuff. Then i was scheduled for a onsite meeting with a couple of managers. Got my offer about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions in my interview, though i heard from my peers that they got technical quiz. so it varies.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Telvent.

Interview

An online interview consisted of some behavior questions and a technical exam. It lasted about an hour. The exam consisted of around 17 questions mostly about c programming and computer networking.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Telvent.

Interview

2 interviews, multiple managers in room. Required a portfolio.