Telvent

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Telvent

Interview Details – The interview process is lengthy, but that means we hire great people. There are a couple - up to 3 phone interviews, then an onsite interview where you will be interviewed by at least 3 different groups of peers. Then there is a .5 hour presentation.

Interview Question – why are you looking for employment here?   Answer Question

Interview Question – reverse string   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Telvent in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was very laid back, questions about my experience. Description of their company and the work that I will do if hired.

Interview Question – Describe a project you have worked on that was really interesting to you.   Answer Question

Vice President, Software Development Interview

Vice President, Software Development
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Telvent in January 2012.

Interview Details – Connected to the company through a mutual contact on LinkedIn. That connection provided me with the hiring manager contact and I sent a resume. Had a screening interview with their HR person and a second phone interview with the hiring manager. The people were very professional. The company culture seems very entrepreneurial.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. Just delved into my history and experience.   View Answer

Software Development Interview

Software Development
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Telvent in January 2012.

Interview Details – A relax and friendly phone interview. Hiring manager out of town so, I am waiting for hime to come back to have our personal interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Fort Collins, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Telvent in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a phone screen and then a standard onsite with several individuals from the product team for GIS applications.

Be prepared to answer a question about how you would test the validity of a isosceles triangle using a command prompt that requires 3 paramaters (think negative numbers, invalid numbers, accurate numbers, non equal numbers, etc)

Overall the process seemed very disorganized and during Q&A it was clear most people didn't really like the company. I cut off conversations before a 2nd day of follow up questions.

Interview Question – Describe how you would test a software application that took 3 paramaters (via command prompt) to establish the validity of an isosceles triangle   View Answer

Business Interview

Business
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Telvent in January 2011.

Interview Details – You are selected by HR and a screening process is completed. If you make it through the screening, you get a personal interview. then its on you

Interview Question – How would your past employers rate you   Answer Question

Strategic & New Markets Director Interview

Strategic & New Markets Director
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Telvent in November 2010.

Interview Details – Nothing inusual, first interview with HR then línea director

Interview Question – The usual staff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Dificult

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Telvent in February 2012.

Interview Details – Referred to by a friend who works here. After submitting resume and cover letter, I got a request for an interview within the week. Interview was fairly basic and nontechnical, no questions out of left field. The interviewer was the manager whose group needed filling and the team lead, I think this is generally the setup. Within 2 weeks, I was offered the job pending background check and references.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult situation? (All questions were fairly boilerplate)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was emailed a letter of acceptance. In my naivety never even considered negotiating salary.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Telvent in November 2011.

Interview Details – Process from start to finish took 6 weeks for a position local in my city. One interview which included a test. Relaxed feel to interview. I did not get the test answer right but still got the job.

Interview Question – The test on times. Can't recall exactly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed a job so I started at a few thousand less than I'd hoped but I am learning a lot and the people are generally v good.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Telvent

Worked for Telvent? Contribute to the Community!