Tembec Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tembec

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tembec (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was taken by Skype because the Tembec industry is licated in Quebec and I am in Toronto. There were two interviewers, one from HR and the other one is the manager of the department I am going. The interview took 30 mins and contained about 15 questions. They were interested in the your relevant experience in the resume, so be prepared to your relevant experience and try to give more details than the resume. After the question time, the manager talked about the job responsibility and relevant information about the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work for Tembec?   Answer Question
    • Can you Speak French?   Answer Question
    • For example, you cannot speak French, in the department meeting, your peers suddenly change from English to French. What will you do?   Answer Question
    • The industry locate in a small town, are you comfortable with that?   Answer Question

Anon Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cochrane, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tembec (Cochrane, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

first you do a panel interview with reps from both management and Union, they ask you the standard basic questions, about who you are where you come from and what type of previous work experience you have, then they ask you more trade specific questions to test your knowledge of the field in general, can also expect a few safety questions to be thrown in there too as that is a critical skill to the job.

Interview Questions

• What is a greater safety issue a unguarded machine or a live power source.   1 Answer

Labourer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranbrook, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tembec (Cranbrook, BC (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

How do deal with conflict . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Interview Questions

• What are your best qualities   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Technical Superintendent Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tembec in February 2010.

Interview

Telephone and face2face interviews were very pleasant and professional. Resulting job offer was also very professional and competitive for the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a difficult situation that you faced in your career and describe how you handled this situation?   1 Answer

Location was not optimal for my family (job was perfect for me).