Temple University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.7

Building Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Temple University.

Interview

The interview included describing customer service experience and what you know about sound and lighting systems. Very nice interviewer and building manager were asking the questions. I was not unfamiliar with the cords such as xlr's and HDMI cords that you use on the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you enforce such and such policy   1 Answer

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Temple University.

Interview

Met with two supervisors to discuss position and my own background. It was at first a little intimidating, but overall fine. About three weeks later I had a phone interview with an additional employee.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Temple University.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was contacted about a week later to set up an interview which took place on campus. Very straightforward, and I was only interviewed by one person. Only took about 15 minutes give or take. My interviewer was very friendly and answered all of my questions. I was also introduced to the other staff members I'd be working with if I got the job. They were very nice as well.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions-pretty standard stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offered was far beyond my expectations or what I intended to negotiate for. There was no need to negotiate.

Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Temple University.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward and helpful. I think the people there want to help students out since this job is more for student workers. The supervisors were great during the interview making me feel comfortable and they told me exactly what was expected for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I could work more hours than I had planned to.   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Temple University (Phila, PA).

Interview

Hiring process was long and extensive. I applied for the position in February and did not get an email regarding interest to interview until April. Then I didn't get to interview until May because the Project Manager did not start until then. As far as the interview, I led the conversation during the process. Not many questions were asked of me, but I prepared a few for them regarding the study in advance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were wiling to work with you. I did not accept the first offer.

Video Equipment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

All communications in the hiring process were done via email. You will work with HR, not the person interviewing or ultimately, supervising you. Ask for more money when you start. They may not be able to budge, but it's your best shot of earning more. Also, don't expect quick turnaround times.

Negotiation

I received an offer, I countered, they held at their initial offer and I accepted.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online about ~2 weeks later got an email from a professor Rabinowitz to come in.

Interview was very awkward - this was a 4.5 hr drive for me one way and he had no questions prepared for me. I asked varying questions about the research and also how the lab was run. Got a tour of the lab facilities.

Very unprofessional, did not contact me at all after. I found out the position had been closed by checking online.

Executive Assistant/Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was interviewed by five senior managers, each of whom had conflicting agendas about the position's essential functions and to whom the new hire would report. The position for which I was interviewed was "Assistant Director of Development." I was asked if I would accept another title at the same grade level until HR approved the creation of this new position.

Interview Questions

• It was clear that the five individuals had not met before the interview because the individual interests and ideas were competing with the others. When there were too many uncomfortable silences, I performed the interview that was well-rehearsed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was an internal candidate and the position was a two step promotion, for which they claimed the salary for the grade level and limited the salary increase to 8%. Ten years later, my salary is still below the "new hire range."

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Temple University in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online. the following week i had a phone interview. the week after that i had the in-person interview. the in-person interview took about 2.5 hours. First I met with the technical team and had the questions about data analysis, then met with the people who would be my cohort, no really tough questions there. finally met with the execs and the program manager.

Lab Assistant Interview

Interview

The position was offered to me via email. One of the professors from the IT department had suggested me as a possible hire. The IT HR department contacted me and offered to set up an interview if I was interested. I was, and the interview date and time was completely up to me.