Temple University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Development Associate Interview

Development Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Temple University in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied and received a phone interview within 1-2 weeks. Had an in person interview, followed by an additional interview. General interview questions. Hiring process took 2-3 weeks. First step was calling my references, followed by a background check and then finally a formal offer over the phone from HR.m

Interview Question – Most difficult was presenting an idea for a campaign on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Currently trying to negotiate because initial offer was too low.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Temple University in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online about ~2 weeks later got an email from a professor Rabinowitz to come in.

Interview was very awkward - this was a 4.5 hr drive for me one way and he had no questions prepared for me. I asked varying questions about the research and also how the lab was run. Got a tour of the lab facilities.

Very unprofessional, did not contact me at all after. I found out the position had been closed by checking online.

Video Equipment Assistant Interview

Video Equipment Assistant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Temple University.

Interview Details – All communications in the hiring process were done via email. You will work with HR, not the person interviewing or ultimately, supervising you. Ask for more money when you start. They may not be able to budge, but it's your best shot of earning more. Also, don't expect quick turnaround times.

Negotiation Details – I received an offer, I countered, they held at their initial offer and I accepted.

Executive Assistant/Senior Coordinator Interview

Executive Assistant/Senior Coordinator
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Temple University.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by five senior managers, each of whom had conflicting agendas about the position's essential functions and to whom the new hire would report. The position for which I was interviewed was "Assistant Director of Development." I was asked if I would accept another title at the same grade level until HR approved the creation of this new position.

Interview Question – It was clear that the five individuals had not met before the interview because the individual interests and ideas were competing with the others. When there were too many uncomfortable silences, I performed the interview that was well-rehearsed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was an internal candidate and the position was a two step promotion, for which they claimed the salary for the grade level and limited the salary increase to 8%. Ten years later, my salary is still below the "new hire range."

Lab Assistant Interview

Lab Assistant

Interviewed at Temple University

Interview Details – The position was offered to me via email. One of the professors from the IT department had suggested me as a possible hire. The IT HR department contacted me and offered to set up an interview if I was interested. I was, and the interview date and time was completely up to me.

Interview Question – What is your strongest attribute?   Answer Question

Computer Lab Consultant Interview

Computer Lab Consultant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Temple University in August 2013.

Interview Details – one interview process by 2 people

Interview Question – do you have technical skills   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Temple University in April 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview. No need to think outside the box. Learn a bit about the university before your interview, but you really don't need to prepare much.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Temple University in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very long wait from application to interview. Questions were very easy, and didn't seem to apply much to the position. Was led to believe there were growth opportunities, which turned out to be untrue.

Interview Question – What makes you unique?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Instructor Interview

Instructor

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Temple University in April 2011.

Interview Details – Although qualified for the position, HR did not forward my resume to the department and I never heard back. Six months later, seeing that the job was still posted, I emailed the director of the program and was invited to interview. She had to contact HR and demand that they send my resume. I was "hired" before they finally did so. The director confirmed that this was a recurring problem.

Interview Question – The interview process was conversational, collegial and enjoyable. There was no "gotcha" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiation. The department has an incontrovertible salary scale based on academic qualifications.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Temple University.

Interview Details – I was hired by my advisor so i did not have an interview

Negotiation Details – I could not negotiate because salary was not assigned by advisor but from project manager

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Temple University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Temple University interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Temple University employees and interview candidates.