Temple University Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.7

Clerk V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Temple University.

1st Interview: Phone interview with two people, one who would be supervisor and one who would have been on the same level
    2nd Interview: All-day interview including lunch. Met with four different panels, all consisting of at least 5 people. Also met briefly with the director of the department
    After the interview process, it took several weeks to get to an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What three values would you bring to the job to solve a problem?   Answer Question

I received another offer and their hiring process was taking a long time

Lifeguard Interview

super basic interview questions. just be confident and know all the lifeguarding skills. also have experience with working in teams.

Interview Questions
    • I've recently started doing the interview process and some people seem to get caught up on explaining a conflict filled situation and how they resolved it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Temple University.

not complicated or whatsoever. You have to be the right fit for the organization though.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Temple University.

The original position for which I was hired was Assistant Director of Development but HR would not approve the position. I was offered the position that was open for executive assistant while waiting for HR to create the ADD position. Two months after accepting the lower position, there were two significant changes in leadership and the promise went unfilled.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was with an acting dean, the director of development, a associate dean and business manager. The interview started off with random questions about my previous position and were not relevant to the position. There seemed to be no plan for the interview. When the interviewers grew silent, I conducted a "self interview," using the job description to highlight my experience and skills.   Answer Question
    At the time, the verbal agreement seemed acceptable, but I learned that a verbal agreement is meaningless.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Temple University in October 2012.

Very long wait from application to interview. Questions were very easy, and didn't seem to apply much to the position. Was led to believe there were growth opportunities, which turned out to be untrue.

Not able to negotiate.

Director, Facilities Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Temple University in June 2012.

Applied on-line and attached my most current resume and a cover letter. I was familiar with the university and the department having previously worked there as a contractor. Initial and sole interview was a panel interview, and I was familiar the people on the panel. The hiring manager asked 95% of the questions, his team members asked one or two questions. Nothing very technical - mostly work history and experience questions.

There was some negotiating. Most offers by the university are take-it-or-leave-it offers dictated by the available budget for the position. I was able to get an increase in their initial offer of 3.5%

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Temple University in May 2012.

1 Recruiter reviews application
    2. Recruiter phone interviews
    3. Assessment
    4. Hiring Manager interview
    5. Background checks

After all of those process, I got passes and get a phone call from my boss. The process took around 3 weeks to go. Then I got a phone call from my boss.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Temple University in April 2012.

Pretty standard interview. No need to think outside the box. Learn a bit about the university before your interview, but you really don't need to prepare much.

No room for negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Temple University in May 2011.

They checked my info and then ask some typical questions such like why is this company? what's your we..

Instructor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Temple University in April 2011.

Although qualified for the position, HR did not forward my resume to the department and I never heard back. Six months later, seeing that the job was still posted, I emailed the director of the program and was invited to interview. She had to contact HR and demand that they send my resume. I was "hired" before they finally did so. The director confirmed that this was a recurring problem.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was conversational, collegial and enjoyable. There was no "gotcha" questions.   Answer Question
    There was not negotiation. The department has an incontrovertible salary scale based on academic qualifications.