Temple University Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Temple University.

Hiring process was long and extensive. I applied for the position in February and did not get an email regarding interest to interview until April. Then I didn't get to interview until May because the Project Manager did not start until then. As far as the interview, I led the conversation during the process. Not many questions were asked of me, but I prepared a few for them regarding the study in advance.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume?   Answer Question
    They were wiling to work with you. I did not accept the first offer.

Video Equipment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Temple University.

All communications in the hiring process were done via email. You will work with HR, not the person interviewing or ultimately, supervising you. Ask for more money when you start. They may not be able to budge, but it's your best shot of earning more. Also, don't expect quick turnaround times.

I received an offer, I countered, they held at their initial offer and I accepted.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Temple University in June 2014.

I applied online about ~2 weeks later got an email from a professor Rabinowitz to come in.

Interview was very awkward - this was a 4.5 hr drive for me one way and he had no questions prepared for me. I asked varying questions about the research and also how the lab was run. Got a tour of the lab facilities.

Very unprofessional, did not contact me at all after. I found out the position had been closed by checking online.

Executive Assistant/Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Temple University.

I was interviewed by five senior managers, each of whom had conflicting agendas about the position's essential functions and to whom the new hire would report. The position for which I was interviewed was "Assistant Director of Development." I was asked if I would accept another title at the same grade level until HR approved the creation of this new position.

Interview Questions
    • It was clear that the five individuals had not met before the interview because the individual interests and ideas were competing with the others. When there were too many uncomfortable silences, I performed the interview that was well-rehearsed.   Answer Question
    I was an internal candidate and the position was a two step promotion, for which they claimed the salary for the grade level and limited the salary increase to 8%. Ten years later, my salary is still below the "new hire range."

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Temple University in February 2014.

Applied and received a phone interview within 1-2 weeks. Had an in person interview, followed by an additional interview. General interview questions. Hiring process took 2-3 weeks. First step was calling my references, followed by a background check and then finally a formal offer over the phone from HR.m

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was presenting an idea for a campaign on the spot.   Answer Question
    Currently trying to negotiate because initial offer was too low.

Computer Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Temple University in August 2013.

one interview process by 2 people

Clerk V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Temple University.

1st Interview: Phone interview with two people, one who would be supervisor and one who would have been on the same level
    2nd Interview: All-day interview including lunch. Met with four different panels, all consisting of at least 5 people. Also met briefly with the director of the department
    After the interview process, it took several weeks to get to an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What three values would you bring to the job to solve a problem?   Answer Question

I received another offer and their hiring process was taking a long time

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Temple University.

The original position for which I was hired was Assistant Director of Development but HR would not approve the position. I was offered the position that was open for executive assistant while waiting for HR to create the ADD position. Two months after accepting the lower position, there were two significant changes in leadership and the promise went unfilled.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was with an acting dean, the director of development, a associate dean and business manager. The interview started off with random questions about my previous position and were not relevant to the position. There seemed to be no plan for the interview. When the interviewers grew silent, I conducted a "self interview," using the job description to highlight my experience and skills.   Answer Question
    At the time, the verbal agreement seemed acceptable, but I learned that a verbal agreement is meaningless.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Temple University in October 2012.

Very long wait from application to interview. Questions were very easy, and didn't seem to apply much to the position. Was led to believe there were growth opportunities, which turned out to be untrue.

Not able to negotiate.

Director, Facilities Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Temple University in June 2012.

Applied on-line and attached my most current resume and a cover letter. I was familiar with the university and the department having previously worked there as a contractor. Initial and sole interview was a panel interview, and I was familiar the people on the panel. The hiring manager asked 95% of the questions, his team members asked one or two questions. Nothing very technical - mostly work history and experience questions.

There was some negotiating. Most offers by the university are take-it-or-leave-it offers dictated by the available budget for the position. I was able to get an increase in their initial offer of 3.5%