Tempur Sealy International Interview Questions

2.8

Director of Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

hired thru a recruiter. Process took 3 months (since they were in the process of figuring out who would be staying from Sealy and who would not). They brought me back to Lexington 3 times and I interviewed with over 20 people from various departments in the organization.

Interview Questions

• We made you an offer and you accepted. It's now 10 years later...tell me what you're doing.   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Tempur Sealy International in September 2014.

Interview

Communications and planning was done through a recruiter. Conducted 3 phone interviews with them and then a phone interview with the Tempur Sealy personnel. I was asked to fly across the country to interview at the facility and they provided the plane ticket. I had to pay for the hotel and rental car, but was told I would be reimbursed.
    Interview was complete and thorough. I was then given a plant tour, followed by lunch and a briefing on benefits. After another round of interviews, I had some time to explore the area. The following day, I was set up with a Realtor which showed me a more detailed tour of the city.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what was the hardest lesson that I had learned from either a current or former employer, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tempur Sealy International.

Interview

very deceptive and unethical practices

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

Two-step interview. One with the hiring managers as a group and one with the CTO. Looking for good communication skills, technical expertise, go-getter attitude, and team work. Pretty informal. The company is growing and needs people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Adjusted vacation time and relocation package. Base salary wasn't negotiable.

Matt Builder Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tempur Sealy International.

Interview

Fill an application out,take a drug test and you got a job...it's really that simple because they hire anyone

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

Hiring thru Kelly temp service, very nice group of employees, very friend and organized. Basic interview was with temp service, testing, with large questionnaire from tempur service. multiple choice agree, disagree, but some odd question need to answer according to your on thought not previous or current employer. Simple process no drug test all done thru temp service.

Interview Questions

• questionnaire that tempur gave temp service to give about 180 question   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you understand work schedule and days off.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Tempur Sealy International.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, personal interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pretty much non-negotiable

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in February 2012.

Interview

Lots of questions about what their company should do.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our current marketing and what should we be doing differently?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in June 2011.

Interview

I had to apply through a staffing agency, since customer service spot weren't direct hire positions. The staffing agency called me with a date and time to come and do my interview. The interview was quick and simple. Just an explanation of the job title, and questions on what I could bring to the company from past work experiences. Also was giving a employee benefits folder that told you about several perks for being a part of the Tempur-Pedic family.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

interviewed at Tempur Sealy International (Lexington, KY) in September 2010.

Interview

Submitted a resume and CL via email to HR. Response took several weeks. First interview via phone took an hour, conducted with a member of HR. Brought in to interview with 5 people, including co-workers and my manager. Offer extended about 4 months after initial resume submission. Slow process due to the company growing quickly and being busy.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the annual revenue for your favorite lunch restaurant. Walk me through the assumptions and calculations you use to reach this answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Successfully negotiated a small pay increase. Took a day or two.