Tenable Network Security Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tenable Network Security

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tenable Network Security.

Interview

The design team was very nice and personable. The interview handled more like a conversation with guided questions which made it much more enjoyable than your typical corporate job. They sent a design test which was very well explained and quick to finish.

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tenable Network Security (Columbia, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Very different from what I was used to. This is NOT a suit and tie place. That being said, they would much rather you feel comfortable in your own skin than look snazzy. They basically bring in various employees from the department to ask you questions related to things you might come in contact with on the job.

Interview Questions

• General Linux and Windows questions (centered around command line, networking, config).   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tenable Network Security (Columbia, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email requesting a phone interview in order to "discuss the opportunity in greater detail." The emails were short and seemed a little impersonal. On the phone the interviewer seemed bright and friendly, and my nerves were put at ease pretty quickly. The interview only lasted about 15 minutes, and I was not contacted by the company afterwards.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all relatively general and asked me to explain more about my work experience. There was no particularly difficult question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Applied on their website, spoke with internal recruiter on phone and completed take-home technical questions. Then another phone interview with the manager covering my resume and experience. A few behavioral questions related directly to the position duties. After a couple days the manager called back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were pulled straight from the position duties and slightly simplified.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tenable Network Security.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews - very thorough. Had 1 in-person interview with 2 employees. Good questions and they obviously knew their stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked what my expectations was and they met them.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tenable Network Security.

Interview

Weak interview. No prepared questions. Met with several people but my resume was not distributed. Had no idea of my background.

disorganized company. Not professional

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Tenable Network Security (Columbia, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process went very well with very intelligent individuals.