Tenaris

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.8

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tenaris.

The process was a mess, I was contacted directly by the hiring manager because I was supposed to be cleared from Addeco, but I never had that first interview.

IT Analyst Interview

Starts out with a simple math test then they call you back if you manage to pass. Then comes the group assessment where they have you use legos to portray your dream job then have you perform on a case study with other people. If you manage to get past that stage then they call you in for an interview with someone like a director.

Interview Questions
    • Most people built a lego monument of themselves in management positions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tenaris.

First there was a reasoning test that tested math skills along with situational skills. Passed that test, and got a call for a group case study that dealt with a new city and how to allocate resources and money. Called back a month later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe where you see yourself in 5 years by building a diagram wit legos.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tenaris.

I got the interview through my school career fair. They seemed like they really wanted me to be there. Two days later I had to take a test and I found out the same day I passed. Had to go back to meet them to finish the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They gave me a tiny bag of Legos and asked us to build our dream job. They were super critical and asked why something was a certain distance away or why something was pointed a certain direction.   Answer Question

Global Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tenaris in October 2014.

I spoke to Tenaris at my university career fair and invited me to an info session the very same night. At the info session, a presentation on the company was given by a recruiter. A numerical reasoning test was then administered and those who received a high enough score were invited to interview in Houston in two weeks time. The company provided hotel and a dinner the night before providing candidates the opportunity to get to know one another. The following morning, the candidates met at the assessment center where we completed a creative individual assignment and later worked in groups of 5 to solve a case study. We then had lunch and went on a mill tour. Returning, the recruiters announced which of the candidates had interviews. Some candidates were given no interviews and were dismissed while others had up to four interviews. Each interview was with a different part of the company (Supply Chain, Industrial, Commercial, HR etc.) to see where you best fit. Since these assignments are based on what they have observed throughout the day, it would be a beneficial that you have an idea of where you want to go within the company and show recruiters ways that you're a good fit while doing your individual and group activities.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Standard behavioral questions. About yourself. Weakness/strengths.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Included interviews with two managers and HR.

Global Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tenaris in February 2014.

The interview process starts with a numerical reasoning test. This test is not difficult if you can read charts/graphs and understand percentages. Following a passing grade on this test, you will be invited for a dinner and an all day interview. This interview process has anywhere from 15-25 people. The morning will consist of group exercises that the HR and plant reps will be grading/evaluating your function in a group. The afternoon will consist of interviews with any interested parties. These interviews were intense, but straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • One of the group exercises involved a case study that your small group presents a plan. Not much time was given and your group must be very efficient.   View Answer

Tooling Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tenaris.

Interviewed by HR and supervisor. Straight-forward interview, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a coworker that you suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol?   View Answer
    I shot very high and ultimately settled on what I really wanted as far as salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tenaris in November 2013.

The interview process had some very interesting questions such as build a monument of yourself and why did you make it that way. Many of the questions were asked to determine who you are, how you think of yourself and how you work with others.

Interview Questions
    • When asked to build things with legos, I was completely thrownoff   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tenaris in November 2013.

Went to them at the texas a&m career fair. Took a math test at the school. Bring a Ti-89, it will make your test so much easier. Passed the test. Got a call to go interview at houston galleria. Went over there and did some group interview which was the first group interview i had. It was interesting and easy.