Tencent

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.8

Interaction Designer Interview

It was a pretty standard hiring process, first phone interview, second round was a group interview, we had form a team on the fly, and came up with a idea within like 10 mins

The offer was really good

Legal Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tencent.

Interview conducted over the phone. Interview conducted in Mandarin. Asked about experiences working or living in China. Also asked about experiences with legal research. The final decision was made over a month after the interview.

Mobile Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tencent in November 2013.

The office in Palo Alto is only 6-7 employees large so the process is rather quick. 1 HR screener and 1 Phone Interview and 1 On-site with the BD Director. The office boasts a start-up culture but they have limited backing of the primary company in China. The outfit seems to be experimental and the expansion strategy to North America is very unclear. The interview was very direct with the domain expertise-level questions and a validation of how big your rolodex is to help assist with cold calling issues. Unfortunately the BD team is not strong enough to influence the Product Strategy due to a lack of technical fluency and thus the impact is rather limited in scope that has no hooks for business partners. No behavioral fit questions. Feedback was promptly given 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • What are the key verticals that Tencent should address? What are the benefits for the consumers and the businesses? How would you approach this partner? What are other monetization models that WeChat could evolve?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tencent in June 2011.

I have 2 on site interviews. The first one last the entire afternoon from 2 pm to 6 pm. I have interviewed with 9 people. I later find out, 3 of them are from my project team, the other 6 are department heads and team leaders from other departments. The interview process is very friendly, non-intimidating. They never asked any "tricky questions" or brain twisters.

The second interview I met with the General manager of the company. It's a very fast and easy meeting, and I had a very good impression with the company.

About 2 days (I think) later, I got the call and was hired.

Interview Questions
    It's pretty straight forward. They give me an offer which was a lot better than my job at the time, so I accepted without much negotiation.

Marketing Interview

Did the marketing internship for a month. Was a very good experience. They don't really have a fixed criteria as it is basically marketing for their app. As long as you're interested and have an adept knowledge of smart phones you are in.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tencent.

Professional skill including language specified knowledge, software engineering ideas. They put too much emphasis on you can do, seems like as soon as you join the team, you should be able to do what they want. Put no emphasis on learning curve.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

1 HR interview and 2 Technique interview. Ask some questions about STL, C++, OS, Network and Algorithm. The hardest puzzle is a optimal stopping problem. There're some diamonds outside the door of every floor, you go through from bottom to top, can see the amount of diamonds of every floor, but can only pick once, how to maximum the expectation of diamonds you'll get.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tencent in May 2013.

this is simple process:
    1.technical interview with some basic knowledge and some algorithm test, please be prepared on C++ language and better you have your experience mainly on this.
    2.manager interview on some personal questions
    3.HR interview on benefits and contract issue

Game Artists Interview

Into the company through campus recruitment

Interview Questions
    Campus recruitment is a fixed salary, can not be negotiated

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tencent.

I submit my resume through their website, and they notify me that we need take a on field test. I pass the test and then we have an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you learn a language like C# instead of C++, C# makes you replacable easily.   Answer Question