Tencent Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
21 interviews

2.9

Interaction Designer Interview

It was a pretty standard hiring process, first phone interview, second round was a group interview, we had form a team on the fly, and came up with a idea within like 10 mins

The offer was really good

Legal Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Tencent.

Interview conducted over the phone. Interview conducted in Mandarin. Asked about experiences working or living in China. Also asked about experiences with legal research. The final decision was made over a month after the interview.

Mobile Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Tencent in November 2013.

The office in Palo Alto is only 6-7 employees large so the process is rather quick. 1 HR screener and 1 Phone Interview and 1 On-site with the BD Director. The office boasts a start-up culture but they have limited backing of the primary company in China. The outfit seems to be experimental and the expansion strategy to North America is very unclear. The interview was very direct with the domain expertise-level questions and a validation of how big your rolodex is to help assist with cold calling issues. Unfortunately the BD team is not strong enough to influence the Product Strategy due to a lack of technical fluency and thus the impact is rather limited in scope that has no hooks for business partners. No behavioral fit questions. Feedback was promptly given 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • What are the key verticals that Tencent should address? What are the benefits for the consumers and the businesses? How would you approach this partner? What are other monetization models that WeChat could evolve?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tencent in June 2011.

I have 2 on site interviews. The first one last the entire afternoon from 2 pm to 6 pm. I have interviewed with 9 people. I later find out, 3 of them are from my project team, the other 6 are department heads and team leaders from other departments. The interview process is very friendly, non-intimidating. They never asked any "tricky questions" or brain twisters.

The second interview I met with the General manager of the company. It's a very fast and easy meeting, and I had a very good impression with the company.

About 2 days (I think) later, I got the call and was hired.

Interview Questions
    It's pretty straight forward. They give me an offer which was a lot better than my job at the time, so I accepted without much negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tencent in May 2010.

Online application, one round for writing test, two rounds of technical interview, asking some basic computer science problem and project experience, no tricky algorithm questions, and one HR interview at last

Interview Questions
    • As it is the interview for intern position, the interviewer ask quite some problem of your past project experience , however as a student I don't have much project experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Tencent.

Professional skill including language specified knowledge, software engineering ideas. They put too much emphasis on you can do, seems like as soon as you join the team, you should be able to do what they want. Put no emphasis on learning curve.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

1 HR interview and 2 Technique interview. Ask some questions about STL, C++, OS, Network and Algorithm. The hardest puzzle is a optimal stopping problem. There're some diamonds outside the door of every floor, you go through from bottom to top, can see the amount of diamonds of every floor, but can only pick once, how to maximum the expectation of diamonds you'll get.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tencent in June 2012.

The process is very long. I had been interviewed 5 rounds. And first 4 rounds are the technical interview, asked me 3 algorithm questions, and write the code on the paper. They value the way you are thinking and the way you are solving the problem. The last round interviewed by HR. They will talk about the salary.

Interview Questions
    • Give you a unsorted int array. How to get the subset having the max sum   Answer Question

Game Artists Interview

Into the company through campus recruitment

Interview Questions
    Campus recruitment is a fixed salary, can not be negotiated

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tencent.

I submit my resume through their website, and they notify me that we need take a on field test. I pass the test and then we have an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you learn a language like C# instead of C++, C# makes you replacable easily.   Answer Question

Worked for Tencent? Contribute to the Community!