Tennessee Department of Transportation

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tennessee Department of Transportation

Graduate Transportation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation.

Pannel interviews all held in Nashville, TN.

Interview Questions
    • There are about 5 general questions and 3 technical questions and then anyone can ask you questions. Easy process.   View Answer
    none. they tell you up front what the pay is. They ask you which location you would like and they try to put you there.

Graduate Transportation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation in November 2010.

The initial application and setup of the interview went very well. After arriving at the office, I had to wait about 20 minutes past the time of the interview. Out of the 4 people I interviewed with, only the HR woman seemed interested. The three engineers I spoke with did not seem interested at all. All the questions asked were from a general list. I caught them looking at the clock after 10 minutes. There was no discussion, just a scripted list of questions. When I asked questions, I was given minimal answers with no details. I also heard one of the engineers comment to another, "Only a few more hours of this, then we're done." It just seemed like they were ready to leave and go home the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • What industry publications do you read on a regular basis, and describe the article that you learned the most from.   Answer Question

Highway Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tennessee Department of Transportation in November 2009.

Based on score calculated from questionnaire.