Teradata Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.2

Big Data Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online but got the first interview through career fair. The first interview was a video interview where it asked pre-recorded questions and then recorded your answers. The questions were behavioral and since video interviews are a new thing, they understood if you were a little nervous. Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager and director of the Big Data Consultant program, which lasted 45 minutes. The first half of the interview was her mostly talking about the position and the second half was the interview. She asked a lot of behavioral questions and went over technical skills and experience. For the final interview we were flown out to either Atlanta or San Diego. They gave a presentation on the company, big data, and benefits and we had two 30 minute interviews. It appeared that the interviews were very informal and it was more conversational to determine if you were a good fit for the position and company. The time on-site was only a few hours which I appreciated because it was a fast, and efficient process but I still felt like I got to know the people and the company.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important skills for someone to have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the offer seemed to be pretty standard.

Bug Data Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teradata (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

First round consisted of recording a video of myself answering prompts that were served from a 3rd party website. The second round was a phone interview (behavioral) with an interviewer that obviously trying to stress test me. Just be prepared, calm, and positive and everything should be fine. The 3rd round was on sight. It was two, consecutive 30 min interview followed by a presentation on the company. They posed the good-cop, bad-cop scenario. The 1st interviewer was a very sociable senior exec, the 2nd was a younger, socially awkward partner that was definitely more critical of your performance.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a database to an 8 year-old?   Answer Question
    • If you had to give a presentation on big data to your peers in 2 hours, how would you go about researching and preparing it?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teradata (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

The office environment are nice. seems to be a relaxing work culture

Industry Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teradata (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Fairly long process 6-8 weeks. Two face to face interviews with different interviewers, plus 2-3 phone screens above and beyond recruiter process. Final interview was to give a presentation ( any topic, my choice ) ... I thought this was actually a great idea and allowed me to show my experience and style of work. Very conservative on pay offer, but able to negotiate one time upfront signing bonus. Lots of smart and passionate people at Teradata won me over. Took much longer than expected to get final offer approved and sent to me for acceptance.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with SAP and BW in your prior roles?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not tremendous room to negotiate on either base or bonus ( beyond an upfront signing bonus to help close the negotiation gap - but this was one time only), though they did give me a decent increase over prior base but not tremendous upside on bonus. It did take more than 2 weeks to get final approvals and offer sent to me.