Teradata

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
El Segundo, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Teradata in February 2013.

Interview Details – First round had basic behavioural questions with two or three technical questions in C and CPP.It was a phone interview.Second round was an onsite interview for 1 hour where you would be asked to write cod on the board.The questions are basic C,CPP and SQL.You would be ased technical questions about everything written on your resume.

Interview Question – Find all given substrings from a string   Answer Question

"individual Contributor" (Software Developer) Interview

"individual Contributor" (Software Developer)
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Teradata in February 2012.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews first with architect, then development team, then hiring manager. The first three went well I believe but during the in-person it was clear that something was wrong. Architect was frowning as I spoke with team.

Groping for what might have gone wrong I do have thoughts. I've been architect, lead and individual contributor and had left "architect/lead/sr. developer" at top of resume. Since the position was individual contributor I should have deleted the other two. It's never a good idea to advertise that you'd held the job of the one you'd be reporting to in the past.

The phone interview questions were fairly straightforward. I consider myself knowledgeable and think I answered almost all to architects satisfaction. Thusly the process continued. The team of two developers seemed nice and like people I would enjoy working with.

The phone interview with hiring manager went OK but he had concerns regarding my gaps which I think I managed to lay to rest. He was concerned over "taking direction" and not knowing much about me at that point I can only conclude that it was from my blunder on the resume. Later in the in-person interview it became apparent that the hiring manager had been voicing concerns of the architect.

The in-person interview was tecnical from architect but team members had more general questions. They wanted to hear about past projects. I had done public speaking at one point in my career and that was celarly a test geared to test the veracity of resume in general. At one point I began to get the feeling that there was a need to "kncok thecandidate off the horse". In speaking before user conferences I had always been able to prepare in the past so this was vastly different.

Interview Question – code samples and I was asked what was wrong or how it could be improved. It was a combination of subjective and objective aspects. One was a basic simple class that would have compiled.   View Answer

Query Optimizer Engineer Interview

Query Optimizer Engineer
El Segundo, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Teradata in October 2011.

Interview Details – I am new graduate. I gave a hour long presentation on a Database implementation Course project. The project involved implementing query processing, query optimization etc. The questions asked during the presentation are fairly technical, like they asked me to explain various stages of query processing, and query optimization. Also, was asked given a particular relations and query, ways of optimization possible to get the answer efficiency. The question answer session lasted for about an hour. The whole process took two hours.

Interview Question – Describe various steps involved in query processing ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Teradata in June 2010.

Interview Details – got a reject inspite of doing well in the interview.

the reason being that the management scrapped the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Teradata? Contribute to the Community!