Teradata Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Jolla, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Teradata in March 2011.

They started the interview with explaining the internship position and what the intern would do daily. Then they asked me my experiences and information on my resume. After the initial interview, another person came in and we went through a technical interview. The technical interview was consist of data structures and OOP. After that they showed me around where I would be working.

Interview Questions
  • How do you find palindrome in a string? Write the code.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teradata

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Teradata in December 2009.

I interviewed with 12 people, some in groups, some 1:1. The interview was very organized with an agenda and everything. They have security checkpoints, but you could actually just walk through because the card reader is not attached to a door. Hmmm. There are several other painless but pointless formalities the employees go through. The people are friendly, helpful, and nice. The culture is huge, disjointed, and disorganized. The campus is nice and there is a cafeteria and gym on site.

Interview Questions
    They were able to make some concessions on flex time and vacation, but not on salary. They tried to bully and intimidate me (and that continued on the job), but I stood my ground and knew what I wanted. Their approach is a little gruff and absolute, but they will listen to reason if you take back your power.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Teradata in September 2010.

Seems like you have to be lucky to get a proper interviewer. From what i have heard, it is a mixed bag. Some interviewers are easy to handle and some of them are difficult. Depends on whom you get as interviewer.

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Teradata in January 2008.

Referral by an employ who is my friend.
    Phone interview by the group manager to check my resume, background, reference, salary expectation. Some simple technical questions, not difficult, basically checking what and how you are doing in your current job. Another phone to verify other stuff and schedule an on-site.
    During the on-site, I was shown to hr, and then everyone in the group, all very nice professionals. Each discussed with me the part of my resume that interested them. Then a phone call to a remote office to discuss further with another engineer, mostly on design and development of systems.
    HR phoned me multiple time for any ensuing issues.

Worked for Teradata? Contribute to the Community!