Teradata Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.8

Finance Interview

2 Phone interviews, one is with the HR and the second one is with the hiring manager. Within a week got invited to an onsite interview. Standard interview process, it took about 3 weeks, salary is on the low end compared to the market.

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Teradata.

1 telephonic and 1 f2f interview.it was not that difficult.Telephonic interview conducted for 1 hr and f2f for 45 mins.
    Questions on your past project and related to the stages used in that project

Solutions Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Teradata in June 2013.

Several telephone interviews because this was a remote (work-from-home) job. You will talk to C-Level, Managers, Peers. These are people from Sales, Marketing, and Management in general. There will be several Technical people you talk to so they can assess your tech level. If there are other Teradata employees near where you live, you will interview with them too. A final in person interview at HQ where they fly you out and put you up in a hotel. By this point, you got the job but you still need to bring your A-game.

Interview Questions
    • You are part of the technical sales team, you need to be an "expert-level" technology person as in all things computer science. That is just behind the starting gate if you will. From there, you need go and show you can capture and sustain an audience (C-level and other technical people) in a meeting because you need to sell the product. As a Solution specialist you are providing a "demo" and/or "proof of concept". Therefore you are expected to demonstrate this in the interview.   Answer Question
    There was not much of negotiation from my end because Teradata said this is the offer and take it or leave it.

Software Engineer III Interview

There was an initial phone screen. This was followed by a 3 hour programming test. After this was an onsite interview comprising of 4-5 technical interviews meeting every team member

Interview Questions
    • The Programming test was difficult as a complex data structure with multiple algorithms needed to be coded   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Teradata in July 2014.

Terrible experience. Every step of the way was marked by screw ups and bad communication.
    The outside recruiter made the experience incredibly difficult and her attitude was horrible.

I believe that I "dodged a bullet" on this one. It seemed like a promising opportunity but they literally drove me away with their unorganized, chaotic and demeaning approach.

P.S. I've worked at top tier technology companies for years and this experience was the worst I've seen.

Interview Questions
    • Account plan development for a specific account, which kept changing.   View Answer

The interview process was so awful that I ran!

Customer/Client Success Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Teradata.

The process took two week. I applied online. I never spoke with a recruiter, which I thought was strange. The first interview was with a director. Despite a vague job description, the director asked a variety of technical questions. The second interview was with VP. I thought the interview went well, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle the formal documentation process when submitting a client change request?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Teradata.

Very laid back and as nervous as I was my interviewer (now my boss) went out of his way to actually get to know a little about me and not just my job history.

Interview Questions
    • Not a lot of really hard questions. Way more personable than any interview I ever had.   Answer Question
    My interviewer, now boss, called me up and made an offer. and I took it on the spot.

ETL Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Teradata.

You take the usual set of pre-employment tests then if you pass, they get a lead to interview you. If everything goes well, you get the offer from the HR Department. All you need to do is be prepared with the technical questions and be honest with all rest of the non-technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Business case/what-if questions with elevator story answers   View Answer

Entry Level Engineer Interview

interviewed at Teradata in April 2014.

Was referred internally so that helped. Had an hour phone interview followed by an onsite panel interview a week later. Got the offer a day later. Interview questions were mainly about my experience and projects.

Interview Questions
    • No real technical questions, as the position requires familiarity with systems no one outside has dealt with.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Carlos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Teradata.

They were not flexible in scheduling the interview, which was from 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM, making it easy for themselves, and meaning I would have to take the entire day off to interview. Everyone was friendly except for the hiring manager. She would not answer any questions relating to the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Teradata? Contribute to the Community!